IGNORED

my fingers ache!!

ScottL
Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have been playing alot of golf lately. I have played every weekend for the past 4-5 weeks and been hitting the range about twice a week. To me, this is alot. Im playing again this saturday and then the next 2 weekends also (that will be like 7-8 straight weeks, never done that in my life).

anyway, right now all my fingers ache so bad. any tips? lol, sounds funny but im serious

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

I think about the only thing that would help would be some Aleve.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

i have been playing alot of golf lately. I have played every weekend for the past 4-5 weeks and been hitting the range about twice a week. To me, this is alot. Im playing again this saturday and then the next 2 weekends also (that will be like 7-8 straight weeks, never done that in my life).

Grip pressure too high?

Man up son, take some aspirin and get back out there!

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

ScottL: "My fingers hurt"

"Anybody else's fingers hurt? I didn't think so"

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Today is my first day not playing in about three weeks. I get some calluses but once your used to playing/hitting at the range each day you're fingers and hands get used to it...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i feel you there bud. I have been playing since april every weekend and practicing during the week. I wake up every morning with my hands very achy and stiff. During the day they loosen up but the morning ache has not gone away. I want to take a week or two off to let it heal but just can get away from golf!! I have tried 3-4 days but I think it takes a few weeks to let them heal.

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3
Burner 3wood XLS Hi-Bore 10.5 Driver Putter On the feet Burner Balls

Does the range you go to have mats or grass?

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

I use an interlocking grip and when I play a lot the pinky on my right hand starts to hurt. I played 36 holes one day and 18 the next and my finger did hurt pretty good by the end.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

hmmmm, maybe there is something to that. I just recently changed to the interlocking grip. believe it or not i did the baseball grip before. now my fingers are hurting.

i cant hit off mats, grass all the way

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

My left hand has been bothering me during golf as well. It hurts on my hand and first knucle of my index finger. Maybe playing 8 times in the last 2 weeks has something to do about it.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

I was getting some pretty vicious Interlock Pinkie there for a while. Luckily, I'm obsessively insane and have been practicing 5-6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day. Pinkie must have finally realized that whining wasn't doing it any good, as it finally shut up about it.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

Pinkie must have finally realized that whining wasn't doing it any good, as it finally shut up about it.

yeah - Stronger = Hurts Less

Best thing I did was start squeezing the crap out of one of those hand strength balls when my hands got sore. Once they strengthen in the proper places you'll find you can play WAY more than what you list without pain (I play nine everyday after work and then at least 3 rounds on the weekends). Good Luck.
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

My hands hurt a lot when I play everyday for a week. A I get interlock pinkie. It hurts but screw it. I have to break a hundred.

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

Wow I thought I was the only one that had this issue.

I have recently returned to the game after a very long layoff (15 yrs). I have played less than a dozen rounds but plenty of range time trying to get my swing back. In the last month my finger joints have been bothering me. I have pain in the morning and it slowly goes away during the day. I have never heard anyone mention hand pain other than an injury before. I was starting to think I had early stages of arthritis. I will back of on the range time and see what happens.

I am hitting off of mats but never had a problem before. I guess a trip to the doctor would not hurt either, it has been a long time since I visited on anyway.

Thanks

Paul

Maybe this will be useful to this topic -- I have arthritis in the fingers of both hands, and it does lead to soreness after playing a round of golf. What I have done to mitigate the problem:

1. I wear a glove on both hands for all full swing shots; a nuisance, but it helps.
2. I have oversized grips on all my clubs except putter; just did the larger grips this year and has made a major improvement. My fingers were unable to close fully on the mid-size grips, so I was gripping way too tightly; with the oversize, I can play with a much more relaxed grip.
3. All my club shafts are graphite except the putter; this minimizes the vibration transmission to the hands.
4. My pain relief formula: just before the round, I take four ibuprofen and two tylenol, all at one gulp. This combination minimizes both the achyness and the swelling of my joints.

All in all, these things together allow me to play/practice much more often than previously. Some of that may seem drastic, but I was on the verge of quitting, and that regimen has kept me playing and enjoying it.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

4. My pain relief formula: just before the round, I take four ibuprofen and two tylenol, all at one gulp. This combination minimizes both the achyness and the swelling of my joints.

I'd be a little careful with those dosages. NSIDs when taken in high dosages can be dangerous. Not to mention mixing them with other drugs.

My left ring finger and pinky ache. Arnold Palmer suggests squeezing the steering wheel as hard as you can for 10 seconds every time you're in the car. He even goes so far:

This exercise will do more for your game than any drill I can imagine.

Golf Digest Sept. '09 - Arnold Palmer's Timeless Tips I've heard squeezing a racquetball could be a good idea, too... Also a better stress reliever...
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!