• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmf9

Straight Drivers

31 posts in this topic

I struggle hitting the ball in the fairway. What drivers are known for being staight?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

1. Nike Str8 Fit Dymo 2
2. Callaway FT-iq

These are by far the best, but I would probably go with the nike straight fit because you can change things up some more and it's cheaper.

It's not the club!

07 Burners are great. Many others also.

I would say a club with a 46 inch shaft or whatever they are, would be the exact opposite of what he wants.

It's not the club!

+1
FTIQ with 44 inch shaft. /end thread

The OP is in high school and you recommend a $500 driver?

Like said above, it isnt your club.
Best idea is to go get some lessons then think about getting a new driver or something.
Just my 2cents.

I'd look into the Nike Sumo 5000 or 5900. Usually the more square the club the more forgiving it's suppose to be.

The Nike Sumo SQ 5000 is brilliant! Longer and straighter than my friend's '07 Burner, and r7 460 (for me at least).

I would say a club with a 46 inch shaft or whatever they are, would be the exact opposite of what he wants.

Have you ever hit one?

Working on your swing would be better than any driver change.

Cutting your driver down an inch can do you wonders. I cut my down to 44.5" and I've been pretty consistent with accuarcy - the driver's always been the most consistent and straightest club in my bag, shockingly.

The Burners shaft is long, but it is also very light.... my 09 is only 49 grams.... Which means you can pretty much swing your socks off and not still not hit a slice. So if slicin' is your problem...

I struggle hitting the ball in the fairway. What drivers are known for being staight?

All of them... if swung correctly.

The Burners shaft is long, but it is also very light.... my 09 is only 49 grams.... Which means you can pretty much swing your socks off and not still not hit a slice. So if slicin' is your problem...

Slicing ain't the problem it's mainly hooks, with the occasional block.

I always thought that the square heads resulted in a straighter ball flight if swung correctly? When I am unintentionally seeing fades/draws (read: "slices/hooks") I find choking up on my grip helps me get back in control with the big stick...

It's not the club!

lol good point

def get a sqaure head, they are nice plus usually cheaper cause lack of demand from the golf snobs