IGNORED

Idiot Marks

Thaddy
Note: This thread is 5316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Against my better judgment I decided to use a tee at the range today that was too high. To punish me for my horrible decision, the golf gods placed a pop up mark on the top of my brand new Tour Edge driver.

Does anyone know a good way to remove these?
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

If it's a skymark, then there is no removing it. It's there forever, but there is a light. Go to Home Depot, and look in the paint aisle for Rustoleum American Accents Craft and Hobby Enamel. It comes in a small jar for I think 2 bucks. If your driver is glossy black on top, then get it in gloss black. If not, there are many other colors as well. Then, take a fine craft paintbrush and brush over the mark with the paint until you get it how you want. You will still see it if you look really close, but you won't be able to see it at address. I put an ugly skymark on my Burner and I used this paint and my it worked good. Like I said you can see the mark real close but not at address even in the bright sunlight. I've touched up chips as well. The paint has yet to wear off where the skymark is, though I have had to repaint a few chips after it wore off. But, try this and see how it works. Just remember: looks do not in any way affect the performance of the club, so don't worry. Best of luck to ya, mhodar13

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

thats unfortunate. there really isn't a good way to remove it. The bad thing about sky marks, is that that stare back at you over each tee shot and remind you of that terrible swing that caused it.

I have a friend that used something called "clear shield" on all his new drivers to prevent that mistake. may want to give them a try, you cant even notice them on your club. and eventually you wont need them anymore. I even tried one myself years ago and I thought it was pretty clever.

http://www.newedgesports.com/index.html

thats unfortunate. there really isn't a good way to remove it. The bad thing about sky marks, is that that stare back at you over each tee shot and remind you of that terrible swing that caused it.

I have these on my current driver and 3 wood. I put them on prior to the first round with each.

I assure you that they work very well. Bought 'em from a local golf shop, Bonaventure Golf.....$6 for ten strips, I think. I'll see if I can find my camera and post a few pics. I also saw a post on golfwrx.com that someone used a clear piece they purchased from an auto parts store. They used a modeling knife to cut and it covers their entire driver head. The piece was $15 and large enough to custom fit a dozen driver heads.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Those are interesting. How much better do those work than just plain clear packing tape? I probably won't bother with any type of shield since I've already got 1 skymark. If I get another I'll definitely look into those though.

Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

Against my better judgment I decided to use a tee at the range today that was too high. To punish me for my horrible decision, the golf gods placed a pop up mark on the top of my brand new Tour Edge driver.

If it is just a melted ball cover streak (best way I can describe it) on the crown, and the paint isn't messed up, you can use Breakfree CLP to remove. It shouldn't hurt the paint and clearcoat if you wipe it off right away and then wash with warm soap to get the leftovers off. You can find CLP in the gun aisle at Wal Mart.

Great for your guns too.

I dont get them on the top but more on the bottom(i tend to dig towards the ground)

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

If it is just a melted ball cover streak (best way I can describe it) on the crown, and the paint isn't messed up, you can use Breakfree CLP to remove. It shouldn't hurt the paint and clearcoat if you wipe it off right away and then wash with warm soap to get the leftovers off. You can find CLP in the gun aisle at Wal Mart.

oh yeah i should mention ive only owned TM drivers, I dunno bout the paint jobs on others, I assume they will be fine too using this process.

I've had great success using Meguiar's Scratch-X 2.0

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

I've had great success using Meguiar's Scratch-X 2.0

Wait you've removed skymarks with that stuff? Or just light scratches? I went to the range last night and my friend put a small dent in the crown of his driver. He has all Walter Hagen Clubs. Does anyone know of a way to cover up a dent? I was thinking maybe bondo like they use on cars but idk how good it would stay on.

My son borrowed my new driver a couple weeks ago and left two big sky marks on the top. I rubbed a little automotive rubbing compound on the marks and in two seconds the club was as good as new.

The idiot mark on my 3-wood is special to me... It hit the ceiling of the covered range so hard it sounded like a gunshot. People ducked and covered.
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

The

That's when you look down the range at someone else with a 'WTF' look on your face.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

I'll tell ya a way to prevent it, black electrical tape on the topline. Works for me and I don't sweat letting others hit my woods because of it.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Oh I haven't tried rubbing compound. I'll have to give that a try now.

It hit the ceiling of the covered range so hard it sounded like a gunshot. People ducked and covered.

After I stopped laughing. Or do you mean they looked at

me like that? 'Cause, yeah, everybody gave me the 'WTF' look... And I gave a 'WTF' look to the golf club...
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

Well, rubbing compound didn't work for me. I've already painted over the skymark but It wouldn't have worked anyway because the skymark was all the way through the paint lol. You still can't see it until you look at it right in front of your face lol so I'm happy still.

I'll tell ya a way to prevent it, black electrical tape on the topline. Works for me and I don't sweat letting others hit my woods because of it.

Won't that mess up the weight of the club? And doesn't black electrical tape on a club look more stupid than a ball mark?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!