IGNORED

Idiot Marks

Thaddy
Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Won't that mess up the weight of the club? And doesn't black electrical tape on a club look more stupid than a ball mark?

Heck no, your putting too much into this weight thing (swing weight is just a number that don't mean sh*t). If you can tell 1g difference (if that) from a piece of tape....and no actually it don't look bad. I'll peel that piece of tape off and have a clean head while you'll still have your idiot mark for life.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Here's a pic of a hybrid with the tape.

-Landon

that actually looks really good

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

My son borrowed my new driver a couple weeks ago and left two big sky marks on the top. I rubbed a little automotive rubbing compound on the marks and in two seconds the club was as good as new.

I'm going to give this a shot, I have some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax that I can try as well. If I really have to, I'm going to break out the buffer...that mark is really bothering me

Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

Black electrical tape does look okay.....especially to guys gaming the Sumo and Dymo sticks that already have the matte black finish on them.

I wish other manufactures would go with the matte finish, too. No shine....no glare.....easy to touch up.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Black electrical tape does look okay.....especially to guys gaming the Sumo and Dymo sticks that already have the matte black finish on them.

Yeah, I love my burner except for the finish. My dad's XLS has that awesome finish on it and it seems to be impossible to chip. He hasn't gotten one chip yet lol I've already got a skymark. My touch up job is probably the absolute closest match I could possibly get without sending it in for a refinishing. It looks really clean.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

I think it looks silly. And since when was glare a big problem in golf?

Also, how does having electrical tape on the top of your club not scream "I make so many idiot marks that I have to cover the top in tape"?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it looks silly. And since when was glare a big problem in golf?

Silly? Whatever dude, when you try, buy, sell and trade alot of equipment and you let people try before buying it makes a few sales and saves crowns on alot of clubs. I'd rather have my tape on my crown when I let somebody like you hit my clubs so as to not have to take a loss because of YOUR idiot mark.

-Landon

Not sure where you are located, but this is one of the shops that the local Golfer's Warehouse here sends clubs to be reconditioned to.

http://www.aggolfclub.com/

$25 to refinish an entire driver head + $10 to ship it back to you.

Great work, and friendly to deal with.

Good luck.

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

Wait you've removed skymarks with that stuff? Or just light scratches? I went to the range last night and my friend put a small dent in the crown of his driver. He has all Walter Hagen Clubs. Does anyone know of a way to cover up a dent? I was thinking maybe bondo like they use on cars but idk how good it would stay on.

I have removed skymarks. Works well.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my 3wood with a glorious sky mark to remind me that I suck.

Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Luckily I was using ghost tape on it.

Peel and replace....no worries.

Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!