IGNORED

Topflite Gamer

Note: This thread is 5357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would rate the LADDIE X over the Noodle. I have been using the e5+ a bit lately since that is what my son plays with in tournaments (16 year old, 5.5 HDCP). The e5+ had the most comparable spin (to a ProV) for a mid range priced ball. I have tried the Gamer, I do like them, might have to get a dozen or so and give them a longer audition.

I quite often see the LaddieX balls sell for $20 / 2dz. Hard to beat that price for such great peformance.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

i haven't found any gamer balls over here but there's a lot of d2's in my area so i picked some top flite d2 feel and i got to play them yesterday...they stuck on the greens when i hit over 60 yards but inside of that i couldn't get it to stick, it was kinda a bad day for me also..haha. i'd like to try the gamers when i finally find some here and i hope to get better chipping results.

I'm in the same boat as you. I couldn't find the gamers, so I bought the d2 feel's as well. I'm intrigued to try them out.

i haven't found any gamer balls over here but there's a lot of d2's in my area so i picked some top flite d2 feel and i got to play them yesterday...they stuck on the greens when i hit over 60 yards but inside of that i couldn't get it to stick, it was kinda a bad day for me also..haha. i'd like to try the gamers when i finally find some here and i hope to get better chipping results.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

MI Rob,

I played the Top Flite D2 Feel for two years, liked them, but they seem to have a low rating for distance.

Does the Gamer go any farther than the D2 Feel?

I am playing this summer with Slazenger RD balls. I'm finishing up a batch of RD Speeds, going to try some RD Tours (3-piece ball) I found on sale.

So, any comments on Gamer distance?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i too would like to know about the distance...with the d2 feels i get good distance but i haven't gotten a chance to actually get the distance. when i played with some guys that were playing an e6 and callaway tours i was matching them or they would be 10-20 yards away from me...after that i was very pleased with the d2 feels...hopefully i can get better distance with the gamers...

i too would like to know about the distance...with the d2 feels i get good distance but i haven't gotten a chance to actually get the distance. when i played with some guys that were playing an e6 and callaway tours i was matching them or they would be 10-20 yards away from me...after that i was very pleased with the d2 feels...hopefully i can get better distance with the gamers...

pretty sure the ball isnt to blame for the distance gap between you and your buds.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

pretty sure the ball isnt to blame for the distance gap between you and your buds.

Yeah-I've been trying all kinds of golf balls for the last 5 months or so and the D2 Feel goes as far as any of them. Only ball that "seems" longer is the Taylormade TP Black, and that's probably just in my head. It's the combination of distance, feel, and spin that makes the D2 Feel such a great value. I've played the Gamer, and it is an outstanding value for a 3 piece ball, but the D2 Feel is about 98% as good for 60% of the price.

I bought a sleeve of the Gamer on the weekend and I LOVED THEM. They felt great off the driver and with my iron shots...not the same spin as the PRO V1x that i normally hit but i can't suck the ball back anyways.

Sleeve of Gamer $6.99 CDN
Sleeve of Pro V1x $15.99 CDN

I will be using these golf balls regularilty for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBC Tour Member

In my Nike bag:
Cobra Speed LD OS Driver
Nike Ignite 3H Nike Ignite irons 4 - PWCheap no name LW (60*) and AW (54*)Nike OZ #3 PutterPro V1x or Noodle+ BallsFootJoy ShoesNike glove

I just used the d2 "feels". They were nice. I am a beginner golfer so I am not a pro on golf balls. I was keeping up with my friend who drives the ball really well and the ball seemed to hold itself on the green. I know these are no Titleist prov's, but 15 balls for $15 ain't to bad. I think I just found my new golf ball for awhile :)

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Ok well I have played a couple rounds with them and I have a full review...

The Good:
Around the green have good stopping power, are easy to work with what shot you want to make. My short chips checked and rolled very nice, my flops stop dead, and my full wedge shots from 100 yards and in maybe rolled 6". I would say around the green they are very similar to ProV1X. They feel nice and soft on Iron play I am able to stop them very well from 170 yards plus with not much roll out. They feel buttery smooth off the putter face as well, have a very good/true roll.

The Bad:
I hate them off the driver, I feel like I have no control over them. They ball flight is very boring and not penetrating compared to a ProV1 or X. I believe it due to the dimpled, dimples. But They seems really hard to work, my draw and fades were a lot less pronounced, so they do lack some workability compared to other "Premium" balls I've played. I would say compared to my typical draw/fade I was about 10 yards short left or right of what I hit my ProV's at.

I think once I got used to their ball flight they would suit me fine, and for $20 you aren't going to find a better ball. My driver accuracy with them let me down a little, I typically play a fade with my driver and as I said they don't shape as well. So it caused quite a few missed fairways. But Once I adjusted it was ok, but not where I wanted to be...

So for someone thats looking for a premium ball that doesn't rely on their shot shaping as part of their game I think they are well worth every penny. Plus you can loose them and not care.

7/10

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I like the gamers and played them last year and most of this year but when experimenting with compression I tried the karma and really like it. I had planned on using it on cool days and in early morning but I've tred it lately in the heat of the day and I just like how it feels (which is, almost no feel at all) off the driver, with my approach shots, chipping and especially love it for putting.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

This is not a sexist question...

Isnt the karma a womens ball? I was always under the impression that it was.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

Nope. I actually thought it was when I first bought it. I was experimenting with low compression balls. Anyway, it was listed under the men's ball section at golftown (since removed from their site completely).

Anyway, it's white so as far as I'm concerned it's all good. It's a 50 compression and it seems to fit my swing speed which is typically in the 90-95 area. I like them better than the Wilson 50/50 ball because they feel softer around the green to me. The 50/50 feels more like the Nike Juice imo.

I also bought a box of Tour D's for my club championship this weekend but I may just stick with the Karma.

BTW: just shot my first every sub 80 score (79) using the Karma so there's nothing like previous success to inspire confidence.
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

This is not a sexist question...

Nike's website lists them as Women's balls (

http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/ ). Golfsmith's website also lists them as women's balls. However, if a man hits them well, I suppose you should and could go with them.

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Interesting. I just myself googled a bunch of reviews and all I could find were comments by men. Regardless... unless they start churning them out in flourescent colors, I'll continue gaming them.

One other thing... I'm a little Nike biased in that I typically stay away from all things Nike. But y'know, just the past few weeks I've tried the juice, karma and Tour D and liked them all.

Yes I used to love the Nike Black, but I havent liked their new balls to much I played a couple holes with a Juice and it just felt horrible.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

So I finally found a Gamer on the course and gave it a shot. I hit it on a short par 3 and it was fine. It wasn't bad at all. Then I hit it on a long par 5 with a pretty tight landing area and discovered that this sucker does not want to work with me. I had been hitting a consistent power fade that day and it went straight as a freaking arrow, right into the woods. I teed up a Pro V1 and stuck it in the middle of the fairway with the nice fade that I'm used to.

So yeah, I'm sticking with Titleist.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

Note: This thread is 5357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!