IGNORED

Anyone ever play Del Monte Golf course in Monterey?

Note: This thread is 3782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't heard much about Del Monte, but Pacific Grove municipal is cheap, and it's pretty good.

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

I went there last month when I played Spanish Bay. I did not playt it, but got the Dukes card from there to play SB and Spy cheaper. It looks pretty nice though.

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

I've played Del Monte probably 20x. It's a nice muni with really good greens. Not worth $100, but a pretty good value with the Dukes card. For only $31 on a weekend, I'd rate Salinas Fairways a better "bang for the buck" golf course.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I played del monte about 6 years ago in a tournament, thought it was nice but not worth 100 dollars if that's what they charge.

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 UST V2
3-wood: Ping TiSi 15*
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP-30
Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG12, 58* Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Ping Lil' C belly putterBall: Pro V1xwww.crestwoodcc.org

• 4 years later...

I played this course today from white tee (about 6000+ yards).    Fairway & greens were well maintained.  View is nice.  It's a fairly flat course with fair amount of trees & bunkers (low) but no water.  There aren't too many places you can get into serious trouble.    But the main story was the green.   They were small and very fast.   A few greens have large breaks - must put the ball below hole.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oldest golf course west of the Mississippi river.  The age of the course is reflected in the relatively low level of earthmoving evident (i.e. not a lot of mounds) as well as the small greens.  When greens were not cut to the speed they are now, lots of courses had/have severe slopes.  At a lower green speed, the slopes were more manageable.  Now they are diabolical.

Brian Kuehn

Oldest golf course west of the Mississippi river.  The age of the course is reflected in the relatively low level of earthmoving evident (i.e. not a lot of mounds) as well as the small greens.  When greens were not cut to the speed they are now, lots of courses had/have severe slopes.  At a lower green speed, the slopes were more manageable.  Now they are diabolical.

That explains it.  I was caught off guard with the green.  All my big numbers happened around green.  But green condition was excellent and I was able to make some one putts (2 more than I've made three putts).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!