IGNORED

thinking of switching shafts and need advice

GiXXER
Note: This thread is 5333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this is my first "new thread post" and i just wanted to say that this forum is great and everyone has been very helpful. i've done searches on questions that i had in my head and there is always someone with advice and answers.

now that's the appreciation has been noted i have a question that i've been thinking of and need advice on it. i have my little brothers driver (gave it to him a couple months ago) which is a callaway bb fusion with a Fujikura E150 Fit-On Shaft, and i have my TM CGB R7 limited with stock shaft...i wanted to find out if it would be worth it to switch shafts? he's about 5'6 and i'm 5'9 or so...both clubs are standard mens lengths, his ss isn't that fast and mind is about 85-95 (i'm working on that...) we both have a natural fade but his is worse than mine. my trajectory is a bit high and his is lower than it should be (workin on that with him)...he wants to make the golf team for his highschool btw! would it be better to switch? if there is any info that i forgot to say then please ask.

here's a link to the shaft specs.

http://www.taylormadegolfpreowned.co...d-1012701.aspx

http://www.fujigolfshafts.com/prodde...prod=e150-wood

For Callaway BB Fusion, the E150 shaft has a low kickpoint (gives high launch). Also, the shaft is designed for someone with a slower swing speed (probably below 80 mph).

If you want to bring the ball down with BB fusion, consider a shaft with mid-kickpoint. If you are 85-95 mph, you are on the line between regular and stiff shafts. Suggest you might take a lesson to see if you can get driver clubhead speed (CHS) above 90 mph on a regular basis.

For the TM CGB R7, the product site lists both regular and stiff shafts as "stock." If your RGB has a stiff shaft, this might contribute to your brother's slide. Or, it could also be a swing flaw.

I would recommend you take the clubs to a golf shop, and talk to a clubsmith about you and your brother's problems with driver. The clubsmith can put you on a computerized swing monitor and see how each club performs for you (track trajectory, CHS, ball speed, etc).

Consider also that a different type of club may work better for you off the shelf. Compare cost of buying a better different club with refitting the ones you have.

Let me know what happens.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!