IGNORED

New Iron Set

Titleistgolf16
Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so I'm looking into getting a new set of irons. I'm eithr going to get Callaway X-22s, titleist AP1s or Ping G15s. I'm looking for some forgiveness and good workability. So which set should I get? Also I'm looking for a SW and maybe a 60* wedge. What should kind of wedges should I get?

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

Honestly, go to your local golf store and try them out. There isn't much we can do for you other than tell you our personal experience with them.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

shot in the dark ... but im guessing he's looking for those "personal experiences" you so rightly designated as his interest.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Ok then personal experiences. I can't go try them because I live in a small town with no golf shop except for a pro shop that I'm going to order the clubs through.

975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW

You've nailed down 3 nice sets.

Truth be told, you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them.

I personally prefer the G15's. The wedges that come with the set are awesome.....again, my own opionion.

I went from a set of X-14 Pro models to the G5's....very happy with the results....mainly due to the wedges. They perform better than any I've ever had in 15 years of playing this game. I wrestle a mountain lion in a phonebooth for these wedges. I'm guessing the G15 wedges are simular.

I was expecting to loose workability when I made the change (going to more offset, etc). That isn't the case. The PINGs are properly fitted...the others were not. It's not hard to make the ball work around. I suspect the fitting is the real key here.

Again...this is the opinion of this hacker.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

shot in the dark ... but im guessing he's looking for those "personal experiences" you so rightly designated as his interest.

Shot in the dark.. I knew he was looking for those personal experiences. I was trying to let him know that we have different swings and such so the only real way to know is to try them out. /facepalm

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

You've nailed down 3 nice sets.

OK I've narrowed it down to Callaway X-22 and Ping G15. I might go with Callaway x-22 because I heard there customer service is the best of any company.

975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW

OK I've narrowed it down to Callaway X-22 and Ping G15. I might go with Callaway x-22 because I heard there customer service is the best of any company.

I can't argue the point....haven't had issues with any of my sticks by either manuf.. I'm sure both are top notch....industry leaders that stay in touch with their customers needs.

I'd not let that be the deciding point, though. I'd go with how well I hit each and which set up best for me....which fit me best, etc.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!