IGNORED

Asking Single Digit Handicappers, What's Your Worst Score for the Season?

Happy Dragon
Note:Β This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I guess I'm trying to make myself feel better as I'm in a slump. Just want to ask if it's normal to have a 2 consecutive rounds of 90 or am I the worst 5.9 on the planet???

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

No just you....maybe putt-putt is your calling.

Justing kidding. Look, I might not be a single-digit handicap like yourself but I do watch a lot of golf.

Here is one player who missed the cut on the Nationwide tour...I take it he is a better golfer then you considering he is doing this for a living.

153Willman, ScottCUT 8477 - -161

Dont beat yourself up too bad....I shoot a round over 100 every once in a while...it happens

G5 9* w/Aldila NV Shaft
4DX +3 (13*)
3DX RC 2-Iwood 17*
i5 3-PW GREEN DOT w/Z-Z65 steel shafts
Ping Eye 2 XG SW & LW

Ping Zing G2 Putter

Hoofer 3 Bag

Nike ball (any)

Rounds this year:81: Granite Falls North84: Trilogy at Vistancia84: Falcon Golf Course82: Granite Falls South 82

Well, 2 rounds in the 90's can happen... If your course has a lot of hazards/OBs and you are not striking the ball a 90 can come pretty quick... I think I shot a 83 this year and was like WTF... I am not sure how it happended but I just played like crap... It happens...

I'm not a single digit handicapper either not even close but I had a 140 the other day. I usually shoot high 90s low 100s(just started playing in July). It happens.

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

I shot 86-92 a couple of weeks ago. Had never seen the courses before, they had lots of hazards, and the greens were big and I could not putt. Sometimes you have those days and you just have to shake them off. I was back to my usual game the next week.

Cleveland Hibore XLS 8.5 degrees (stiff, red shaft)
Titleist 980F 15 degrees (stiff)
Adams a4 hybrid 19 degrees (stiff)
Ping i3 blades 3-PW (stiff, green dot)
Mizuno T-Series 53, 58Odyssey FG-7 2ballSun Mountain bag

Shot a 78 at Crandon Park here in Key Biscayne from the tips Saturday. Not my worst round there but the worse i've shot this year. Sad thing is I played really well just couldn't capitalize on birdie puts or get up and down when necessary. Slumps happen, best way to get out of it for me is to go out to whatever your home course is and take a 6 or 7 iron and play that one club tee through green. You will not only iron out your swing but work on your course management, get creative and think shots through. Try it out if you get a chance.

In my all black Four 5:
909 D2 9.5 Harrison Saga 60 X
909 F2 13.5 Harrison Saga 70 X
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

I shot 98 once this year, but I was on NO sleep. I had 6 lost balls an unplayable and hit 2 in the water, it happens.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I shot an 84 my last round and that was three weeks ago...sure I can list a bunch of excuses, but the best one is that it took me 84 shots to finish the round.

It happens.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

50 in a home golf match this year. That day was rough, lost 3 golf balls O.B., one in the hazard.

And 95 in the h.s. conference tournament. made a 10 on the 6th hole par 5. Took 4 shots to get out of the fescue...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I guess I'm trying to make myself feel better as I'm in a slump. Just want to ask if it's normal to have a 2 consecutive rounds of 90 or am I the worst 5.9 on the planet???

Unless you have an "ego 5.9". But, I suppose two bad rounds can strike in a row.

Here's a list of my last 20 from www.scga.org Looks like I don't think its any higher than that 78 listed there. "H" scores are on my Home course. "A" score, Away. My home course is a par 70.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I shot an 84 my last round and that was three weeks ago...sure I can list a bunch of excuses, but the best one is that it took me 84 shots to finish the round.

I agree that making excuses is not the way to go. At the end of the day you are always one putt away from a different score. I am a strong believer in assessing what went right or wrong during any given round though.

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

I played a par 68 course and shot the following:

40 front
40 back

34 putts including two three putts
5 out of 16 attempt for up and down
6 greens hit
9 fairways hit

In summary I felt good about my game and know that I need to practice my up and down and putting. I know its a work in progress and the short game is comming around even with my high score. Its a course that I have not played for about a year and will come out a play the course again soon.

My short game around the green was off today but close and with some more practice I feel confident that I will improve this score by half and shoot six over or better.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21Β degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both Β 33"

ProV-1

I actually haven't been on the wrong side of 90 yet this year knock, knock (sorry... just me tapping on my desk, i.e. knock on wood).

But just a few weeks ago I went 86, 89, 88 in consecutive rounds. On one hole both myself and my playing partner took 9's, and we are both singles (same hole too). I hit two tee shots into a hazard, then pulled one way left into trees and was laying 5... next thing you know a missed 10 footer for an 8 and carded the 9. My partner pulled his tee-ball so bad he went left of the trees (that are left of fairway) and into some 3-4 foot fescue, left a few in it, and 3-jacked a 9. We were in disbelief on the next hole, but both came back with respectable pars after some angry tee-shots.

I had a 94 two days after Christmas last year. Bad scores happen, and for me it is usually just after I have a run of great scores. Sometimes I feel like I have completely lost my swing and feel.

here's to looking forward to the next round

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
84, but that was in horrible, horrible puddles. You couldn't take relief because everything was flooded.

Otherwise, 81.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks all. Wasn't sure it was normal. I always figured that even if my swing was out of sorts, course management would keep me from a really bad round.

I love the idea of the one club exercise to get out of a slump. Does anyone else know a good way to work yourself out of a mid-season slump?

Thanks!

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Thanks all. Wasn't sure it was normal. I always figured that even if my swing was out of sorts, course management would keep me from a really bad round.

Buy a new driver or demand more cowbell!!! somehow those two always work for me when all else fails.

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S

Note:Β This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!