IGNORED

How hard do you swing?

Note: This thread is 5204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you guys swing with some umph, or is it usually a nice easy swing...

I notice when Im like 180-210 out, I swing really really hard, and well bad things happen usually...

But just wondering do you guys swing hard or easy?? even when your a good distance away, does your swing "pressure" change at all??

Thanks!
Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Usually too hard.. Tempo has been my key lately... Smooth swings usually have good results at least for me.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Do you guys swing with some umph, or is it usually a nice easy swing...

Remember loose muscles are fast muscles (my dad ALWAYS said that). You don't need to swing hard to hit the ball a certain distance, thats why you carry 14 clubs,. More over, you can usually hit it farther by swinging lighter because you have loose, fast muscles versus slow tense muscles. Hope this makes sense

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Hard. I know harder is not better but that is the way I have swung ever since high school so I am used to it. Driver head speed is still only at 100 mph and my 5-iron at 87 mph. Actually looking to get new shafts, either rifle 5.5, Nippon 950GH or 1050GH.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Not all that hard. My SS with my driver is like 95mph.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I get after my driver at times, but I find that the calm, controlled swings aren't that much shorter. I know I hit my irons a hell of a lot better if I swing smooth and easy.

I recently read a quote about the best golf advice Tommy Armour III ever received. He said that one time Freddy Couples, who he was paired with in a tournament, walked behind him and calmly said "Tempo, Tommy, tempo."

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My normal speeds are around 100mph with mid-irons and around 110mph with the driver.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

Guess I should have made myself clearer.... How hard do you "feel" you swing?? I think tahts better.

I'm starting to believe clubhead speed is a direct result of lag and you can get huge clubhead speed without feeling like your swinging for the fences...

So hard do you "feel" you swing?

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I swing about 80% on everything. This allows me to make solid contact more consistently and keeps me in balance and under control.

No reason to swing hard at all, you'll just cause problems for yourself. You my be able to hit some good shots swinging hard, but eventually your timing will be off and you'll hit it all over the place. Your misses are not as bad when swinging easier so you can still manage your way around the course when you're not swinging the best.

Swinging hard or soft doesn't matter much if you don't hit the sweet spot on the club face. Take a lesson from Els and swing with a smooth tempo from start to finish.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I try never to swing so fast that I lose my balance on the folllow-through. Aside from if I really need to take a cut at something to hack it out or something.

I dont know if I read it or saw it somewhere but it was Tiger talking about his Dad teaching him as such a young kid. He said something along the lines of - kids dont understand percentages, a 4 yr. old wouldnt know what the hell 80% is. So his Dad told him to swing as hard as he could as long as he could hold his follow-through for 3 seconds. Then once he found that swing speed, back it off just a little bit.

I think thats a pretty good theory, so I try to follow that.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

In my head I feel like the hardest I ever try and go at anything is at about 90%.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Sorry, didn't understand the question.

I feel I hit it rather hard because going too easy on the ball I tend to hook and mis-hit. I'd say I hit every shot with about 85-90% of what I have.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

I try to swing as hard as humanly possible. My 150 yard club is a 58* wedge, which usually results in a divot the size of a young child.
  • Upvote 1
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

i swing within myself. it's not an "easy" swing, but it's not an arnold palmer haul-off-and-kill-it swing, either. it's somewhere right between those two extremes.

I swing somewhere around 90% with my irons. With my driver it depends on the day. Some days 90% when I feel I have my swing I go 100%. When I do this I always take a slower back swing to make sure I don't tense up.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Note: This thread is 5204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!