IGNORED

My swing side by side with changes

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So if you read my post on how bad my swing sucks, (even though I get well above average results with this swing) here are some changes I took away from the golftec today just talking to the guys back there.

The first vid Im posting is the original one I posted on here when I became a member here a couple months ago....

The second is just starting to work some of these things out I learned today, there are things I need to work on, but I think its a pretty good improvement for 30 minutes of practicing it....

Anyways here they are, sorry second vid is in my apartment, kinda late to go to the range!

After what Ive learned today (swung slower than usual to get the feel for it all)

Whatya guys think and thanks for watching!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

lol don't hit anything in your apartment!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

It's still a very steep swing, but the second one looks inside out as opposed to out-to-in like the first was. Your hands look a bit close in the second one, but I really can't tell and it looks like you're in a confined space so that could be the reason. It's tough to say anything about your alignment, but your shoulders look like they're aimed a bit to the left in the first video (I had the same problem). But, it looks much better IMO. Keep it up, don't destroy your appartment, and nice hat.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Lol, thanks! Love that hat!

So Im a little steep still huh, I do see that now after doing some poor man line drawings on my computer screen..

I'll just have to work on it, this rain is keeping me indoors so I cant even get out and try to hit some balls with these new changes...

Any tips on clearing the hips before impact occurs?? Im trying this and it feels very weird

Oh and should my forearms stay the same relative distance from each other throughout the entire swing??

Can't wait to take a lesson next month! It'll be my first one

Thanks!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Make sure to replae your divot in the apartment.

In the Bag:
Driver: R5 Draw
Fairway: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze 3 Wood
Hybrid: R5 3 hybrid Currently for sale.
Irons: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze Plus 3-SWPutter: Revolution Solid

lol my wife would kill me if she saw a video of me doing that!!

Haha, my wife was watching tv on the couch right beside me! She makes comments when I "hit it fat" but other than that, Im cool..

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

man i had to replace the carpet in my old apartment, cuz there was a 5 by 5 area worn all the way through from swingin. sometimes u HAVE to swing a club. you literally dont have a choice

but back to ur vid. way way too steep, comin down anyway. backswings like that are doable, as its similar to mine. but comin through is too armsy. start the downswing by getting your weight to the left and rotating your hips. with a steep backswing like that you want your first move to be lateral and easy and then the rotation begins. the rest will happen by itself when you get the lower body starting correctly. make sure you dont conciously swing the club with your arms till about when your weight gets over. its gotta be nice and slow at first and then the power. this doesnt apply to all swings, but with your backswing and thin build it definitely will. this will put your club in the slot and then ull naturally be on plane after youve practiced it a ton. and when you get it worked out its gonna be one of those ernie els type swings that looks like your barely tryin to hit it. when you come back steep and go at it on plane thats what happens. but you gotta give everything time to fall into place. just takes a lot of practice.

gl bro

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!