IGNORED

1st High School Golf Match! Did Great :)

right handed phil mickelson
Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today was our first golf match of the year for our high school team. I thought I was gonna be nervous. Well, I admit I was nervous on the first hole, but by the second hole I had loosened up, while my game face was still on nice and tight.

The match was a 9 hole match at our (my) home course. This gives our team a huge advantage, I'll admit that. But, it was still kind of evened out because they had aerated and sanded the greens yesterday.

*SPOILER ALERT*

We beat the other team by 16 strokes

Well, I don't wanna make it a long story, so I'll cut to the chase. I shot a -1, 35, Which ties my lowest score at the course. I admit, the kids in our group did great for playing an away match, especially with these greens.

Anyway, I had to get that out kinda. I'm hyper right now from the match lol. Well have fun golfing everyone.

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Today was our first golf match of the year for our high school team. I thought I was gonna be nervous. Well, I admit I was nervous on the first hole, but by the second hole I had loosened up, while my game face was still on nice and tight.

Nice I can't wait for our season to start in February

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Nice! Glad to see you started off your high school golf career well. My first match ever, playing #6 (the last spot) on the JV squad, I drop-kicked my first drive down the middle -- the club hit 8 inches behind the ball and bounced into it. Shot 48, which was 2nd best for the team.

Now my self-indulgent, unnecessary "glory days" rant: I had a similar experience last year. At the end of a terrible senior-year campaign, I shot 36 (E) in our final match before the year-end tournaments (in which I again sucked). Like yours, this match was at my home course ... which also was our opponent's home course (so it was an away match for us). The greens were aerated -- but I putted really well (12 putts) to compensate for a bad ball-striking day. Actually was -1 through 8, but my driver had snapped in half on the eighth tee, so using a 4-wood off the tee on the long par-4 ninth didn't work out so well. Nonetheless, I was still medalist for the only time in my high school varsity golf career ... so I should shut up because I was about 1/30, whereas the OP is (I assume) 1/1. Keep it up! I love high-school golf stories ... tell us more if you have any good ones.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

SIIIIICKK

Sounds so fun. I wish i had played in HS.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

wow thats great. I shot 37 one time in a HS match, and 76 in a tourney that was my all time best. congrats on the win and keep it up

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Thanks. I'll post our golf matches on this thread the day we have them.

Lets see... today I had 2 birdies and 1 bogey. I had a chip in birdie on #3. I had 2 G.I.R's haha. But I had 10 putts . A good day overall I think.

Taylormade RAC 58º

I also wish I had been able to play in HS. I played varsity football for a nationally ranked program. Picked up golf right after I graduated my senior year. I still go to my cousin's matches though. Fun Stuff

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well done. I also wish I had played in high school.

Congratulations on a number of things, including a low putt count, a good short game, a good score, enjoying your first match...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks guys. And I'll try and post the scores of every match here. We have one tomorrow too.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Awesome job! My first high school golf event I shot a 92. I was nervous on the first hole and got a 9, but settled down. Every match you play from now on, I promise you'll get more and more comfortable. Take it one shot at a time and good luck. Hopefully the greens get better; turn that 35 into a 31!

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Awesome job! My first high school golf event I shot a 92. I was nervous on the first hole and got a 9, but settled down. Every match you play from now on, I promise you'll get more and more comfortable. Take it one shot at a time and good luck. Hopefully the greens get better; turn that 35 into a 31!

Ha close. I turned that 35 into a 34 though :) I shot a 34 (-2) in a practice round today. Tomorrow's another match at another crappy course lol. Can't wait

Taylormade RAC 58º

Thank youuuuu :)

Taylormade RAC 58º

Good job! i wish my old high school had a golf team. In fact i wished i started golf when i was in high school.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Good job man. I have my firstaway match tomorrow. First, ever course I have played other than my home one. Nervous but he nerves go away after the first few shots. And I get out of school early :)

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

Ha close. I turned that 35 into a 34 though :)

Wow. You are shooting amazing for a 5 handicap.

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!