IGNORED

How long to break 100/90/80...?

Replay
Note: This thread is 3792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It took me about 6 months to break 100, but then didnt do it again until teh 9 month of playing. It took me 3 years to break 90 lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have no idea when I first broke 100, but I finally broke the 90 mark a couple summers ago. I have been playing for probably 15 years and finally broke 80 just a few weeks ago.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

broke 100 within about 6 months at age 14...
then broke 90 as soon as I started playing JV (year after I started playing)...
broke 80 the first time 4 years ago...
now I break 80 all the time and shot first even par round this year.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I actually shot a 74 at my home course when I was 11. I had about a 15 handicap then, so it was practically impossible lol. Now I shoot around there on average about once every 10 rounds. I actually broke 90 in the first or second year of golfing. I broke 80 when I was 11. I still haven't broken 70 :(

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I just started playing in April, and I just broke 100 yesterday, soooo, 4 months.

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

Broke 100 about 1 year after playing.

90 about 3 years.

80 5 years.

I am not if this is right. All I know is I shot my career low last year of 75 and have been playing now for 8 years.

Brian

broke 100 in 1st mnth of golfing...when i was 12
won the jr. club chamionship the same year with an 83 - again this was my 1st year ever golfing

so i guess I broke 100 and 90 in the same year, in about 4 months time

breaking 80...was the very next year
I have also been lucky enough to break 70, in my senior year of H/S
as my sig states, i shot a 69 in tournament play - havent done it since....and followed it up w a 76 the next day!! haha!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I'm going to give the amount of time it took me to break those numbers playing consistently and trying to get decent at golf.

break 100, about 4 months
Break 90, about 12 months
Break 80... 4 years and counting... grrrrrrrrrrr
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

It has taken 3 months for me to break 100 and I hope 90 isnt too far away.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

I started golfing seriously for the first time this year, starting in April. I shot a 99 the end of April on a 6000yd wide open course. I've shot an even 90 (double bogey last hole) but not yet broken it this year, every round has its challenges. I really wish I'd have started playing when I was young, taking this on at 33 can be frustrating.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

It took me about 6 months to break 100

about 2 years to break 90

My best score ever is an 81. I quit golf for about 5 years and am trying to return to the game and haven't broke 90 since I started back up :(

I got a job as a cart boy at a golf course when I was 21, before then I had only picked up a club at the driving range…..and it was their used clubs. It took me just under 3 years to hit an 81. I can’t remember breaking 100/90 though. I guess what helped….or hurt, was that I had played baseball for over 15 years and was very athletic and could stretch really far. It’s been 2 years since I hit that 81 and I haven’t broken that record yet…..but I do play consistent mid-high 80’s now and hope to break the 80 mark soon!
Handicap: 10.0 Lowest Round: 80 on 6517yd par72
Driver: TaylorMade r9 9.5°
Woods: TaylorMade Vsteel 15°
Irons: MP-68 PW-3
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC 56 & 52 Putter: Oddyssey Rossie II - "Love it" Ball: NXT TourFavorite/Local Course: Cobblestone GC, Acworth, GA

Broke 100 in 3 weeks
Broke 90 not that long after that.
Havent broke 80 yet after about 1 and a half years playing.
I will hopefully be able to break the big 80 by the end of this year. (I have been so close )

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

I've been playing for real for about 2 years (I bought my clubs about 6 years ago, $200 for PW-Driver, but only played the par 3 exec course and then dropped it for a long time).

I broke 100 almost instantly.
Broke 90 within 2-3 months.
Now my best is 81, which I did in back to back rounds this month, once with 4 straight 3-putt bogeys...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

100 second time playing but it was at a shit resort course so if that doesn't count 15 time playing a broke 100 on a 65.4 117 track
90 in about 2 weeks after so 30 time playing
80 this year so about 85 time 70.2 130 6200 yards track
and i am yet to break 70 lowest a 74 at the course above

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I feel kind of bad posting this. I started on a par three course. The course had a long par 3 of 210 yards and I had a five wood that I would choke up on. I played 6-10 hours a day for 7 months. Then I got invited to a little course in little rock called Hindman. I didn't have a driver so i used that 5 wood off the tee and shot 76. your proabably thinking to yourself, oh impossible! But I did it. On the way back to Hot Springs a drive of about an hour, all my friends would talk about was my score. The kept saying "you broke 80, you broke 80!" I was like, "Huh? is that good?" I soon learned after I joined Belvedere CC what all the hype was about.

Took me 2 years to break 70.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

Note: This thread is 3792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!