IGNORED

Stack and Tilt

alomar123
Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just watched the stack and tilt videos and I loved them. I havent been around this game for that long so I am gonna change my swing to it. I think that I will be able to hit the ball more constant and be able to control the flight of the ball, as of right now I only try to hit straight. I think that I will be bale to hit a draw much easier and say good bye to my slice

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Im actually curious about the stack and tilt swing. I have heard great deals about it, and the theory behind your shoulder as the radius and center point rather then the spine make sense.

I hope it works out well for you!
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

yeah it is kinda of weird how you move tilt your back to the left and raise your back and your head doesn't change it's position. I like not having to keep my back straight

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

The stack and tilt method took our Club Champ from a +1 to a 6 in two months. It might work for you but then again it might not.

Stack and Tilt PGA Pros ranked in the top ten: 0
Stack and Tilt PGA Pros ranked in the top twenty: 0
Stack and Tilt PGA Pros ranked in the top thirty: 1 (Mike Weir)
Stack and Tilt PGA Pros ranked in the top 100: 2

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

The stack and tilt method took our Club Champ from a +1 to a 6 in two months. It might work for you but then again it might not.

Well its a new swing, you cant expect it to jump up in the rankings over month. The biggest question i do have for stack and tilter is: is their backswing same as a reverse pivot? Lmk thanks!

5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

the backswing of a reverse pivot is similar except it doesnt tilt and on the downswing of the pivot you put your weight on the right leg, while in the stack and tilt you continue to put even mre pressure on the left leg and thrusts your hips towards the target. the tilt makes the hips stay on the plane angle.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP

i thought so too. I guess i use to have a stack and tilt backswing when i was starting out. To be honest i thought that made it a lot easier for me to impact the ball HARD. Anyways i switched to rotation swing.

I think those numbers are misleading. You can't expect many people who've built a swing over the course of a lifetime and have let it carry them to the tour to jump ship very readily.

That said, I don't think it will ever overtake the conventional methods, but for someone just starting to swing or looking for a change, I say - why not?

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Stack and Tilt PGA Pros ranked in the top ten: 0

Actually, Mike Weir doesn't Stack and Tilt anymore.
Well its a new swing, you cant expect it to jump up in the rankings over month. The biggest question i do have for stack and tilter is: is their backswing same as a reverse pivot? Lmk thanks!

It's not that new of a concept. Calling it "stack and tilt" is a new term, but the idea of the swing has been around for a very long time. Watch some old videos of Mac O'Grady on You Tube. Some people say it's a reverse pivot, other's say it's not. I don't look at it as a reverse pivot because a reverse pivot entails that you're pivoting in... well, reverse. A normal pivot will have you transfer your weight to the back foot and then to the front foot on the downswing. A reverse pivot has you keeping your weight on your front in the backswing and then transferring it to your back foot in the downswing (reverse of what you should be doing). Stack and tilt has you keeping your weight forward through the entire swing; it shouldn't ever come back to your back foot.

I experimented with the stack and tilt last year. With my 8 - sw it worked great as far as making solid contact. It was a disaster with the driver, woods and mid to long irons. It makes it real tough to sweep the ball off of the tee.

Overall, it was just weird. Although it was a good training swing of sorts. At the time I was having a hell of a time with my irons and the constant weight on my front foot trained me to get on my front foot on the downswing. I wouldn't switch to it full time though.

I'm not sure.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

I also think that you just cant try the swing but you must put alot of work into it, just like you did with your orginal swing. You didnt just step up at the tee and hit far, straight drives and irons with your conventional swing. The s & t is not a gimmack that you just try a dumb down version of it, but it is a swing where you need to reach each checkpoint for it to go right just like any swing

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP

some look at this info like "wow, there are 2 Stack and Tilt pros in the top 100 ... so it really can work."

Yeah but how many of these golfers have done the stack and tilt their entire life starting as a kid? how many do it the conventional way for their entire life, almost all of them

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP

You're getting to the point where you aren't making sense.

You want to go to the stack and tilt, great and good luck. You've already made up your mind to do it, if you weren't prepared for some disagreement, you shouldn't have posted your intentions.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

You're getting to the point where you aren't making sense.

How was I not making sense, I stated my opinion as did they. I was looking for some input in this thread. Its not like any insults were brung up or anything then you come in and add nothing to the thread.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP

Wow... haters. You gotta love them!

What happens if you get out of sorts with the Stack and Tilt and you need a lesson? There's only two legit instructors I've heard of teaching this swing. You have to be your own swing guru and you're armed with only a video featuring the incomparable, Dean Wilson and Charlie Wi. Good luck. Go Bucks!

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!