IGNORED

bass fishing?

Saint
Note: This thread is 5196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else do it? Iacas is pretty lucky to live on Lake Erie, some of the best smallmouth bass fishing in the world. I have won a couple of tournaments with my dad before, and have met a handful of the pros, actually shared a room with one of them. Slept ten foot from the guy for two nights, and i've fished with about four pros. The guys are class acts and are great to be around. So who else fishes around here.

• Administrator
Anyone else do it? Iacas is pretty lucky to live on Lake Erie, some of the best smallmouth bass fishing in the world.

After fishing for snook and redfish before moving on to fishing for shark - all from a sit-on-top plastic kayak - in southern Florida, I don't consider catching bass to be entertaining at all. I might get back into it eventually, but only on super-light tackle and all that. And only if I can get to some good bass spots from a kayak.

But I doubt it. I'd rather fish the streams for steelhead or go for walleye or even muskie or something. Bass might end up being Plan E or F. But yeah, a lot of people in Erie bass fish. I lived close enough to Lake Okeechobee, too, but never went there for bass. And maybe the answers of others in this thread will convince me to give bass another shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Smallmouth are different than largemouth in fighting wise. Smallmouth's pull like so of a guns. Walleye is by far the best eating fish out there, but dont have much fight to them until they get to the boat. I have always wanted to go after redfish and snook myself.

I used to bass fish a ton with my father in Michigan. We obviously had a lot of lakes to choose from. The thing I always enjoyed about bass fishing was the technique. I considered myself a good caster and could hit holes in lilly pads, stump edges, and such pretty well. I always enjoyed fishing with topwater jerk baits, pop-r's, and other baits where you could see a strike. Of course, I fished with other lures... but the surface hits were always the most fun.

I have fished for walleye, pike, and of course panfish when I was younger... but bass was always my favorite. I NEVER used live bait for bass, and always used pretty light tackle... 15lb test line was pretty much the standard. Usually fished from dad's Ranger bass boat.

Also did some fly fishing for a while... local streams for brook and rainbow trout. I enjoyed that, but never did it as much as other types of fishing.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Like iacas, they rank somewhere around 7th on my "going fishing for..." list. My friends call largemouths green carp. When I do target them I use ultralight spinning gear, or a fly rod.

I do a lot of fishing. Years ago I fished a few small time bass events and did fairly well but won no money. The last 3 years I have been trying to catch big flathead catfish. Most folks wouldn't think so but if there fixed properly their some of the best eating fish you can find. Largest to date is 48 pounds. They get up to 100 or more but are very rare at that size.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

After fishing for snook and redfish before moving on to fishing for shark - all from a sit-on-top plastic kayak - in southern Florida, I don't consider catching bass to be entertaining at all. I might get back into it eventually, but only on super-light tackle and all that.

I wish I had a kayak or something small. You can get into some awesome spots with those things.

Erik, you should get you a 6'0" spinning rod with some six lb. test, and rig a drop shot up. Smallmouth love the dropshot technique, and they should be on a good fall pattern right now. If you could find an underwater hump in open water, watch out. Also, golf courses have some of the best bass fishing there is to offer. Just ask the proshop if you can.

I mostly Catfish down here in louisiana , although we do a lot more salt water fishing. But we get in some bass fishing here and there along the way which is always enjoyable as i find it more relaxing then salt water fishing.
I am going to: follow forum rules and stop advertising in my signature.

I love bass fishing. On a sunny day, I'm either on the links or the lake. Its more the links right now because I don't have a boat. Looking to invest in a kayak or canoe, or something, but I think it'll be hard to fit in my apartment.

I've grown up in So. Indiana, and mainly fished Patoka Lake with my Dad. I've been to one Bassmaster Classic, when it was held on the Ohio River in 1987. I don't remember this, as I was only a year old at the time, but I have a bunch of autographs to prove it. My dad and I usually make a some time to go to the bass fishing expos at Bass Pro Shops in the spring. Can meet some pros that way. I've gotten autographs from Hank Parker, Jimmy Houston and Bobby Murray, as well as Woo Daves.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

If you are ever in north east Texas I recommend the following:
a round at Links at Lands End in the morning then fishing with a guide in the afternoon.
I did this one/two combo in March. One of the best days of my life.

http://www.golflakefork.com/layout9....=219&page;=5373
http://www.heathhardwick.com/

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I love bass fishing. On a sunny day, I'm either on the links or the lake. Its more the links right now because I don't have a boat. Looking to invest in a kayak or canoe, or something, but I think it'll be hard to fit in my apartment.

I remember that classic on the Ohio. I fact I just sold a little cabin place I had a little north of Cave in Rock. Better flathead than bass fishing on the Ohio.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

My five year old likes to fish more than any kid I've ever been around. Whenever we're on the course he wants to fish in the ponds and streams for bass.

We live about 15 miles from a relatively big lake and catch a lot of fish of different species there. I'm pretty sure he would rather fish than play golf, or baseball which are his other sports of choice.

The kids catches a lot of fish too and I have no idea why. He will fish right next to other people using the same bait, at the same depth with the same presentation and catch fish while nobody else does.

There is a pond near our neighborhood that has bass up to three pounds that we fish all the time. Few things in life are as cool as watching your son cast to a spot and bring in a 3 pound fish.

Watching him a golf ball is just as good!

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

I'll agree with the guy who said walleye are the way to go for eating. Personally I think Large mouth don't hold up to there reputation. If you want a real fight go with a fly rod go for small mouth in the BWCA or snook in glades. I've fished all over the world and guided for the past ten summers and those are my two favorites to catch.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Note: This thread is 5196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!