IGNORED

Looking for new irons

Boeing777
Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a 20 handicap scores are dropping ive shot in 80s, mostly low 90s i'm getting better. The irons i have now are g10 looking to changing to more of a blade style any thoughts?

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

Save the money you would spend on new irons and take lessons from your local pro instead. Think about it... would $800 irons make you play better or $800 in lessons?

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

wow, every day I lurk here, see another Texan..

you might consider Adams Idea Pro or Pro Gold.

Based on my OCD behavior...got a used 6-p set. (always buy used!)

Do not find them difficult. But did have to reshaft to a R flex.
i.e. they suxed for me, until I put R shafts in.

Indeed, it was from playing some rounds, with a mid/hi 80's golger, who used the same, but with rifle shafts, that "inspired" me. hehehe

JMHO I'd stick with the G10's or some other cavity backed club. Maybe a cavity back with less offset? Don't really know how the G10's set up. I'm just posting to jump on the Texas band wagon.

Stick with the G10's. There are a lot of single digit handy cappers who use them.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Those i15 are a really good looking club, looks like something i'd been intrested in. I've looked around for reviews (not company reviews) but i haven't seen anyone who's bought any.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

I would definitely stick with the G10's. They are perfect for your handicap. If you just want a less forgiving club, maybe you could find some used I-10's and come out pretty much even money.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Was fitted for my new G5's back in April. Saved a couple hundred$ of the price of the, then current, G10s. Very simular clubs....and I was able to get the AWT shafts as an upgrade.

I can't see changing to anything else for a long while. The G15 and I15 sticks look really great, though.

I used to game a players club....set up like a blade.....rifle shafts....very straight hitting stick. I played in a tourney and one of the guys on my team is the clubs senior champ. He was the purest ballstriker I've every played with.....without exception. The fella could smack it so purely. The fact that he was using game improvement PING G5s wasn't lost on me.

I ordered my set very soon after and gladly gave up the players clubs. My handicap has been dropping ever since.

You asked for opionions.....now you know my iron history and why I say "Keep your G10 set". They are great clubs that will serve you well...assuming, of course that they were fitted to you properly.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

First, consider what Leezer99 said and get some lessons. Then, practice and play awhile to get the changes worked into your swing.

Would you get some benefit if you switched? G10 clubs tend to hit the ball quite high, and can be trouble on windy days.

Also, don't feel you have to play blades to be good. You can draw and fade most clubs, even user-friendly ones, if you know how the golf swing works.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would stick with the g10's too. There's no point to switch to blades if you can work the ball with the g10s. I can intentionally draw or fade my r7's, so I'd imagine g10's could be worked too.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

I'm confident they can be worked, also.

I routinely work my G5's around obstacles and I'm a hack. I'm sure a more accomplished player could really work them.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

dont get blades until you have a round where you hit the center of the club every time honestly i have trouble hitting blades and i play everyday.
the g10 irons are probably the best for you. if your handycap is 20ish you should maybe look at putters and wedges that is the most important part of your game.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Mizuno MP 52

Beautiful clubs with alot of forgiveness which dont look like shovels.

Demo 'em

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!