IGNORED

Ping i15 irons

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hit these at a range this week and all I can say is Mmmmmm think I need to get a set.

I have been looking for new irons to replace my G10's now I am down to 16.8 (club handicap is 13.4 after I carded an 86 on a par 70 that plays 74 SSS) and was after the i10's, I have also hit the Mizuno MX200/Nike V Split Forded and did not get on with them as well as the i10's so they were for me, that was until I hit the i15's

The i15's still have the forgiveness I require (did not get as much forgiveness off the Mizuno's or Nike's) but with a lower and more penetrating ball flight than the G10's.

I am gonna go hit them again just to make sure as I only hit the 7 iron, so want to hit a 4 iron and wedge. The 7 iron I hit was standard set up so when they are set up to my specs they will be even better.

Think I will be spending my lunch at the range tomorrow

I just wanted to see if there are any other irons I should try?

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Anybody?

No other Irons I should try?

The i15 's might have different groves. Otherwise, stay with Ping since you're already comfortable with them.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I feel i'm in the same boat as you, I also have the g10 and was thinking of going with the i15. But i've seen no real reviews on the them yet, guess i'll have to wait until i hear more feed back.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

Cheers chaps, I weant a tried them again today, also hit the 4 iron and where as the 7 iron is a similar height flight but a more boaring flight (resulting in 10 yards longer) the 4 iron is no where near as high as my G10 4 iron and I hit 200 yards with it on the range off the matt nearly every shot, with a higher flight only off the tee

So I ordered a set 4-PW in my spec (which was checked again) white dot/white grip/1/4 inch longer shaft.

Just need to wait a couple of weeks for Ping to make them and ship them

£445 for the set.

So I am now set for a long time with my current setup, happy days....

I play the I 10`s,and love them! Just bought a set of I 5`s[same specs] as a backup set. I then bought a set of Bridgestone J 33`s,and oh,my! What to do now..... I hit the I 10`s great,have played the I 5`s before and hit them great, and really think I`ll love the J 33`s when I put them in the bag. I`ve got tournaments the next 4 weekends,so I don`t want to screw up a good thing. But, the Ping`s are great clubs,and I`d like to try the I 15`s.Didn`t really like the looks of the soles on the long irons,though,they look "game improvement". But, good luck!!!

i15's are beauties.

With my job, I had a chance to hit them before they came out. I didn't find the 15's or the 10's felt much different from my 5's. I really liked the smaller look of the 10's but as per feel, pretty much the same. The 15's seem to have gone back to the bigger look of the 5's, but more of a progression set. None the less , they are all sweet but the 10's still have them all when it comes to looks.......

Vaporlight
09' Burner Driver 9.5 stiff
3DX Utility 3w and 5w Aldila NV stiff
3DX Ironwood 19 degree Aldila NV Stiff
i5 Irons - 5-PW X-Tour Forged Vintage 52+58 Degree Wedges Circa 62 #1 ( just put it in the bag) Tour i

I played with a guy this week who had them in the bag. It was his second round with them. He said he holed a shot from 158 when he was trying them out. He was pretty good.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Ash, I recently ordered the i15's also, did you get any indication how long it would take to get them? I ordered min on the 31st of August and still have not received them.

Not sure, I believe the lead time is 3 weeks for custom sets.

I ordered mine on the 14th September but as I am carrying an unjury and probably not gonna play for about 3-4 weeks I am in no rush, plus I still have my G10's.

I played with a guy this week who had them in the bag. It was his second round with them. He said he holed a shot from 158 when he was trying them out. He was pretty good.

Well I hope that I start holing shots from 158 yards LOL What handicap was he by the way?

i15's are beauties.

Yeah the i10's do look good, I actually like the look of teh i15's better though

I'm not the greatest golfer in the world and am looking at the G15's, BUT like teh look of the i15's way better!!!!

How forgiving are the i15's? Are they MUCH harder to hit than the G's? I know I know I should stick with the G15's but I'm just wondering HOW much of a difference there is in the two?

I'm not the greatest golfer in the world and am looking at the G15's, BUT like teh look of the i15's way better!!!!

I would stick with the G15's (or a set of G10's) at your handicap as the forgivness will help you.

I am only changing as I have got down to 17 and want to concentrate on my ball striking with a less forgiving iron, as I feel this will get me where I want to be, which is breaking 80

Yeah the i10's do look good, I actually like the look of teh i15's better though

If you like a flashy look, but what I meant was that the 10's have a smaller , blade type of look.......

Vaporlight
i5 Irons - 5-PW X-Tour Forged Vintage 52+58 Degree Wedges Circa 62 #1 ( just put it in the bag) Tour i

ditto ^ i love my i10's the 15's look GI compared to the 10's even the offset seems dramatic.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

ditto ^ i love my i10's the 15's look GI compared to the 10's even the offset seems dramatic.

Off-set is too much, agreed.

I will just stick with my 5's for now, concidering i10's just to have a sceond set but I personally don't like the 15's compared to the 5's I play, or the 10's.

Vaporlight

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!