IGNORED

Driver help!

Note: This thread is 5325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been having some struggles with my driver this last week...

First of all, I WAS hitting a low left shot, and my coach said that I was hitting down on the ball, and that I should be swinging up into it with my hands rotating through the ball. I'm also putting the club in the middle now, instead of forward. Now, I'm hitting a high fade which I HATE, and if I try to turn the club over then I end up with a low left shot once again. And to add to these problems, I hit a high bloopers once in a while which I have never done before.

Overall, no solid contact. It's ONLY with my driver! Everything else is perfect.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

ehmm? help please :D

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

I'm probably not qualified to give any advice but here's what I have to say. Since you either hit a low left shot or a pop-up slice it makes sense that you are hitting down on the ball like your coach says. Hitting down produces the clean contact required with irons and wedges to create backspin. However, with a driver an ideal attack angle whould be 0 to 5 degrees upwards into the ball in order to maximize launch angle and to decrease spin. Perhaps try checking if your swing plane is too steep since the swing plane of a driver is flatter than a iron or wedge so although the rest of your clubs will work fine, your driver may not. I would suggest finding another coach so you can get a different perspective on your swing than your usual coach possibly finding the solution to your problem. Good luck =)

Ok, put the ball just a little bit back in your stance some more, lower the tee height, strengthen your grip a bit...AND TURN YOUR SHOULDERS WITHOUT TITLTING THEM: REMEMBER: ITS A SHOULDER TURN, NOT TILT! Your angle of approach is too steep. Sweep the ball without hitting down on it. Also, work on finishing big. Try it out.

In my Grom:
R9 460 Aldila RE-AX 60g Stiff
07' Burner 3 Wood Stiff
09' Rescue 2 and 4 Stiff
09' Burner 3-PW Superfast 85 Stiff 09' Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel and Oil Can Wedges 50,54,60SeeMore Putter Pro V1 2.0 SG 2.5

Maybe don't turn your hands over quite so much?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Try taking the driver back low with extension,sounds like you could be picking it up on the backswing.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I've been having some struggles with my driver this last week...

Make sure your ball position is correct. Make sure you complete the backswing (make long and slower practice swings to get the feel). Focus on the striking the rear inside quadrant of the ball with the driver. Should eliminate the pulls....Gook Luck!

In a navy blue Vintage L8 stand bag
Big Bertha 454
Muirfield 20th 2 iron
Vip Tour CB-92 3-PW
by Macgregor Greg Norman Forged FW Special 55 BeCuTad Moore TM-2 Milled putter AD333/Trispeed

• 2 weeks later...
IMHO, I think it's a bad idea seeking an advice from those who hasn't seen your swing. It could be so many things that it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!