IGNORED

RockBottomGolf - reviews trustworthy?

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 2039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...I have my doubts. I've bought clubs there and the price/delivery/quality has been great.

I decided to try out some used balls. Here's the item:

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/titlei...ree-dozen.html

Here's a bit of the description:

NEAR MINT! These balls did not pass our strict guidelines for our Mint but they are still better than most so-called Mints! Near Mint balls are 100% playable, have consistent color and a glossy shine, however they may have slight blemishes or player marks. Logo'd, XXX-outs and/or practice balls may be included in the mix.

The balls I got did not have consistent color - some were yellowed, one badly. Glossy shine? On 3 of 36 balls only. "Slight blemishes or player marks" ended up meaning "hacked up." Half of these balls were the kind you find left lying around by people who won't play them anymore.

So...I posted a review for the item with my observations and? It never showed up on the site.

I have a *feeling*, and that's all it is, that RBG is not posting negative reviews, especially of questionable products.

Anyone have any opinion on how believable their reviews are? I am now skeptical. Skeptical, with a bunch of crappy balls.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Thats a shame to hear because I love that site.. Maybe it takes a few days for your comments to show up?

I hope thats the case, if not give em a call and be like wtf?? You offered up a fair assesment of what was delivered to you, I dunno why they'd censor that... Well I do, but you know what I'm sayin

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I've had great luck with clubs from RBG myself but have wondered if their balls were any good. At that price I thought not. Try lostgolfballs.com their ratings are spot on if not better. My luck with them anyway.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I've had great luck with clubs from RBG myself but have wondered if their balls were any good. At that price I thought not. Try lostgolfballs.com their ratings are spot on if not better. My luck with them anyway.

yeah I second lostgolfballs.com...amazing deals.

I love rockbottom for the cheap tees, clubs, gloves, and towels. use them a lot, but never for the balls before.

Spine 10.5*
FYbrid 15*
Pi5 3-PW
Tw9 54* - 60*
Rossa Daytona

I've always used lostgolfballs.com and haven't had any problems with them. I get my Pro V1 in the highest quality from them, and I haven't had any issues.

The funny thing is, I did a google search for a free shipping code from lostgolfballs.com and found one (I think it's the one they're advertising on their home page right now for orders over $75) ... I used it on my small order of just 1 dozen balls, and it worked!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

They were at a golf show that I went to a few months back. They had some incredible deals on used balls: $60 for 5 dozen used Pro V1s. The balls they were selling were in great condition. My only problem was they would not take credit cards. Otherwise, I would have loaded up.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I made two orders from rock bottom before, one worth $728. Excellent clubs, excellent customer service and excellent shipping times. I don't know about balls though. When you buy used balls you should expect you're getting something that won't be a beauty. Live with it.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I've only used them for a small order of 3 gloves. The gloves were top shelf quality/not blems and priced about 50% of what I'd pay in the pro shop. They took over 2 weeks to get to me...but the savings were worth the wait.

As far as balls.....I'm sticking to new Prov1 PRACTICE balls from ebay auctions.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Rockbottomgolf is a good place to go, everything is the real deal. But watch out they raise all thir prices the night b4 a big sale and keep them there for a long time.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Rockbottomgolf is a good place to go, everything is the real deal. But watch out they raise all thir prices the night b4 a big sale and keep them there for a long time.

I've been hearing some stuff about counterfeit clubs coming out of there.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I've been hearing some stuff about counterfeit clubs coming out of there.

Never heard that, an Internet search didn't find anything. I would find that HIGHLY doubtful. I have read that returning product is a pain. Anyone have any experience either way with that?

Well all the products have serial #s, and all of the ones ive bought turned out good, but thats just my experience. They started as a ebay store, but now they sell aloooot of clubs.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Thats pretty funny, there is a rockbottomgolf.com ad right here on this very thread as I type...

How Ironic

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

So...I posted a review for the item with my observations and? It never showed up on the site.

Hi Fat Slice!

Scratch the Caveman here. First off, thank you for sending your review in and I'm sorry that it was never posted! One of my Cave Crew members may not have posted your review because from the sounds of it, it was a defective batch of balls you received. Defective product reviews usually aren't made live on the site because this isn't the normal or common experience with that particular product. In other words, those pearls you received should have been looking exactly as I described on the site! Not to fear though. I still put those reviews to good use! In case of a defective product, I contact the manufacturer to let them know what happened. And if we get too many defective complaints on a product, well you won't be seeing that item in The Cave for much longer. I also head out to The Cave to check on the product and make sure I can't find any others that are defective. Finally, I'll make an attempt to contact the customer if they left any info to track back to their order. Unfortunately, most of the reviews I receive are left anonymously. If you'd like, shoot me an email at Scratch@RockBottomGolf.com describing what happened and I'll see what we can do about getting you some balls that live up to the description I promised on the site! Thanks Fat Slice! Your Favorite Golfin' Caveman Scratch

Hi Fat Slice!

Hello, Scratch. and thanks for the response. In the case of recycled balls, I don't there there's a 'defective' category, really, more like a 'grading error'. Either way, if balls are described as one condition and what is getting shipped are balls of a much worse condition, then something is amiss.

I applaud your willingness to make things right and I will send an email to you as you suggested. As far as not posting negative reviews, you verify that is the case and have an explanation (no reviews of defective product). My suggestion to you is to let all the reviews hang out there (like Amazon does) and trust that your customers are smart enough to weight all the reviews, good and bad, before making a decision. After all, they were smart enough to come to RBG in the first place! You can allow people to follow-up on their own reviews of defective products after you made things right. You know, studies show that a customer who has a problem and gets it resolved to his satisfaction is more loyal than a customer who never had a problem in the first place. Your review culling policy won't stop me from buying at RBG (I love the store), but I think you'd do your customers a service by letting the reviews through, good and bad. Again, thanks for posting here!

Ive bought clubs from rock bottom and had good results, fast shipping and great prices, not purchased any balls from them though. I have purchased balls from lostgolfballs.com and i would recommend them as well, good prices and fast shipping, i even goofed up and paid twice for mine with my paypal account and they credited my paypal acount right away as soon as I emailed them and told them. The slazenger balls i ordered were all in mint shape just as they described them, no scuffs or cuts on any of them and looked like new and shipping is quite reasonable as well.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I've bought clubs off rockbottomgolf and have never had a problem,they were delivered here to Dublin Ireland within 5 working days which I thought was amazing,also with the amount of dollars I get for my Euros the clubs cost me next to nothing
They would have cost me nearly 4 times the price if I had bought them in Ireland

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Hello, Scratch. and thanks for the response. In the case of recycled balls, I don't there there's a 'defective' category, really, more like a 'grading error'. Either way, if balls are described as one condition and what is getting shipped are balls of a much worse condition, then something is amiss.

Hey Fat Slice!

Thanks for the feedback! I've actually debated this before because as you mentioned, Amazon lets it all hang out when it comes to item reviews. Me and a couple other guys at The Rock are currently discussing and what I might do is let defective reviews post, but also include some personal feedback like I did here, encouraging them to contact my Customer Support team as well. Of course I like to think ALL my products are 5 stars! Thanks again Fat Slice. Always love to get some good feedback from customers. See you on the course! Scratch

Note: This thread is 2039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!