IGNORED

RockBottomGolf - reviews trustworthy?

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 2066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All my reviews have been posted -- good, neutral, and oftem good with negative comments about design (think shirt with goofy collar).

I love RBG and find the reviews helpful. Never buy balls but but lots of clothes. Trust the reviews about sizes, style and product design.

And when I buy an obviously closeout shirt for $9 I do not expect it to be the same as a $110 shirt but do often find it is the same as the original except limitted sizes and colors are available.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

"Contact my Customer Service Team", says Scratch. Just exactly how do you do that when you don't have a customer service phone number and it is difficult to even find an email address on your web site, for service?  When you select "contact us" you are taken to a FAQ/Search page and the "Ask a Question Tab" referred to there doesn't exist, at least I couldn't find it.   I had a problem with a split shipment, sent an email to the scratch address and never received a reply.  Sent a second and it bounced.   At RBG price point there are good alternatives that actually have prompt customer service options.

Rockbottom Golf- 877-540-4653 I've spoke to them on several occasions.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• 7 months later...

Apparently RBG is rock bottom regarding addressing customer complaints. What's worse is when you bring thier mistakes to thier attention, they cop an attitude and basically tell you they don't need your business.

I purchased a new set of Wilson Irons, they arrived scatched and had a totally different shaft that I had ordered. They obviously didn't believe me and instructed that I send pictures of the scratched clubs (the clubs also had wear marks on the soles). It's been 5 days now and no one on their end has stepped forward to accomodate a dissatisfied customer. They sent me scratched clubs and then complimented their mistake by sending the wrong shaft flex. And for thier final insult to me, they "cop an attitude."

Responding to Lancer:

Thanks for the feedback on RBG, but I didn't have to read your post. They screwed up my order big time too! Ordered a set of Adams Irons, they too were nicked up and scratched. Contacted Mr. Scratch (very apropos) and he just passes along the complaint. Nobody ever addressed my problem.

Lookingf forward to telling anyone who'll listen about this sorry company.

Apparently RBG is rock bottom regarding addressing customer complaints. What's worse is when you bring thier mistakes to thier attention, they cop an attitude and basically tell you they don't need your business.

I purchased a new set of Wilson Irons, they arrived scatched and had a totally different shaft that I had ordered. They obviously didn't believe me and instructed that I send pictures of the scratched clubs (the clubs also had wear marks on the soles). It's been 5 days now and no one on their end has stepped forward to accomodate a dissatisfied customer. They sent me scratched clubs and then complimented their mistake by sending the wrong shaft flex. And for thier final insult to me, they "cop an attitude."

Responding to Lancer:

Thanks for the feedback on RBG, but I didn't have to read your post. They screwed up my order big time too! Ordered a set of Adams Irons, they too were nicked up and scratched. Contacted Mr. Scratch (very apropos) and he just passes along the complaint. Nobody ever addressed my problem.

Lookingf forward to telling anyone who'll listen about this sorry company.

Interesting 2 people join on the same day to bash RBG.  I've bought a lot of stuff from them and never had a problem.  Coincidence or SPAM, guess we'll see if you two participate in the rest of the forum or just came here to trash a vendor.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have never had a problem with RBG. Probably buy one or two items a month from them. Important to read the small print with any outlet type of online store, a lot of what they sell are old stock which can be blems/2nds. Just received some True shoes yesterday. Last years model and also a slight defect in the stitching, doesn't match up perfect so the shoes are slightly different. But I paid $50 for shoes that were more than $100 just a few months ago.

Dave :-)

Ordered about a half dozen times in the past year. No problemo.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Interesting 2 people join on the same day to bash RBG.  I've bought a lot of stuff from them and never had a problem.  Coincidence or SPAM, guess we'll see if you two participate in the rest of the forum or just came here to trash a vendor.

It's not SPAM to have a complaint. Please only report actual spam.

It is however against the TOS of the site for two users, such as these, to have an IP address in common. Sorry, too much of a coincidence - @Ruff has been banned. Future users should consider this ONE complain, and a suspicious one at that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lol maybe they think this is the back door to RBG CS? I'll tell you one thing I don't like about RBG, this goes for GolfEtail too, I have way too many articles of golf clothing because of them. Who needs 10 pairs of golf shoes? Evidently me.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

I just had a look at their site. Looked at Vokey wedges, thought they are kind of misleading when they don't list if they are the SM4's or SM5's. At 99.00 I'm guessing SM4, but I do think they should list the model #.

Looks like they have some good deals though.

When dealing with a large retailer like RBG, I think that you have to EXPECT some unhappy customers from time to time.  But I also think that a prudent shopper realizes that this is normal.

I would be concerned if there were negative review after negative review...but RBG has TONS of really positive reviews.

FWIW, I have only had one order with RBG.  It was received a day sooner than I expected, and it was as described in the advertisement.  I would definitely do business with RBG again and would recommend them to any of my golf buddies.

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

I too have purchased from them in the past with good results .... This was over two years ago though . But I have recommended them to some golfing buddies and they have been satisfied as well .

remember, most people only post reviews if they're dissatisfied .... if there are few negative reviews, I would be highly suspect as to the legitimacy of any reviews

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

• 2 months later...

I ordered a ladies' golf bag on Saturday and received it the next Monday. After reading the reviews I was a little worried but was very impressed by the service. Shipping was faster than probably anything I've ever ordered and the product is exactly what I ordered. I'm very happy with it and will look to their site again should I need other items.

(No one asked me to post this. I read these reviews and saw there are quite a few negative and wanted to share my positive experience).

Stephanie

Washington, DC

• 3 months later...

I just bought a Callaway RAZR XF hybrid from Rock Bottom Golf (RBG),  it looked good but I called callaway to confirm the serial number.  They confirmed the club.  The Callaway guy also indicated that while not an authorized retailer they have an account and do a lot of business with RBG.  Great product and great price, thanks RBG.  I have not dealt with RBG customer service but per the posts on line it must be terrible.

• 6 months later...

I would not trust them and service is terrible.

I ordered a set of Cobra Irons from them.  I paid for expedited 2 day shipping.  After a week and not seeing the clubs I emailed and asked.  I was told in email by them that my clubs did not qualify for expedited shipping and that it was on the order and on the web site.  I sent them a copy of the order that showed it WAS eligible and sent them screen shots of their web page showing it did NOT say they where eligible.  They still refused to answer or refund the expedited shipping.  As soon as they told me it was not eligible and they would not refund.  I asked them to cancel.  They "told" me it was impossible because they had shipped.  They could not give me a shipping tracking number and two weeks later the clubs actually shipped - Lie #2.  I never opened the clubs, sent them directly back and now two weeks after they have acknowledged receiving them back I still have not seen my refund!  Fraud!

I have used RBG for the last 5 years, and have ordered at least half a dozen times from them; never golf balls though. My experience has been positive, and everything was as described. I have gotten some amazing deals from RBG, and recommend them to all my golfing buddies. As for customer service, I never had a reason to use them until my last order. My delivery was short 2 items, at which time I sent RGB customer service an email asking about it. I got my first answer within 30 minutes, explaining the item was being shipped from the manufacturer. Within approx. 5 minutes I got another email saying there going to get me a tracking number from the manufacturer, and apologized for the delay. In under an hour, I had a tracking number and another email with an apology from RGB for the delay in getting me the item in my 1st delivery. I have no complaints about RBG customer service!

As for reviews, I have reviewed every item I have ever ordered. The "good, the bad and the ugly" all made it into the review, although it took a few days for the review to be verified.

I highly recommend Rock Bottom Golf and will continue to use them for future purchases.

I've bought many things from RBG, love the site.  No complaints ever.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!