IGNORED

Mizuno MX 700 driver

walfice
Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone any experience of this driver? It has come down in price recently and I'm tempted to try it out.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

The closest I can come to helping is my Mizuno MX-600. It has pretty good feel, but I have always been a right to left player, and the best I can do is hit it straight. Most shots fade, even the weighting set to draw. That wouldn't be so bad but its a low fade. I'm looking for a new driver.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

As my signature shows, I have the MX 700 3 wood and hybrid. When I was testing and getting fitted for them I tried the 700 Driver but I couldn't hit it for the life of me. I tried different lofts and about 10 different shafts and for some reason I just couldn't hit it. I can't explain it. I love the 3 W and Hybrid, the Driver may work for you. Give it a test at an outdoor range if you can, it's really the only way to know.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

Walfice, I tried it and think it is a great driver. Actually I can hit only this one (tried 10.5 deg reg graph. shaft; but would but 9.5 deg same shaft) and Ping's G10. I usually balloon the ball with the driver (that is why my old Cleveland stays at home and I use Mizuno FlyHi 2 ir 18 deg stiff instead) but had a decent ball flight with MX-700.
Actually I am planning to buy one as soon as price go down in Europe. Beautiful sound and great shape which boost your confidence from the tee. Shallow face make you want to go off the deck if the ball sits properly as well... 3 wood and 5 wood excellent as well. Unfortunately did not try the hybrid. I would highly recommend you to try one. Also try G-10 (price should drop in US as well already) - excellent as well...

Its a great driver. Its easy to hit long and straight.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I have a 10.5 degree asian stiff shafted version (similar to US regular) and I think it is great. Nice crisp sound when struck on the sweet spot, forgiving and as long as any other driver i've tried. Possibly plays similarly to the Ping G10 for me.

There's a good detailed review on the sandtrap site.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone compare the MX 700 to the Ping G15? It seems there's so much written about the G15 but very little about the MX 700. Comments about forgiveness, feel & sound at impact, distance, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hit one at a demo day and loved it. I've got the Mp600, and love it as well. but the mx700 is alot better for drilling the ball strait as a pin. MP600 is more of a control club.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

This is such an excellent driver!!!

Probably my absolute favourite...more so even than my new and current Dymo2...and I love this thing to bits!

Traditional shape...ridiculously forgiving...and super-hot face.

One of the best looking drivers out there too...although my only slight criticism is the new colour scheme...would have preferred the mizuno white/blue theme to continue...but hey the orange looks good!

This driver really has everything! You definitely have to try it out. I would say this driver is much better than the G15 & TM Burner!!

Can anyone compare the MX 700 to the Ping G15? It seems there's so much written about the G15 but very little about the MX 700. Comments about forgiveness, feel & sound at impact, distance, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

I own the G15 and have hit the MX 700 but only on a simulator. My impression of it was favorable. Good control, easy to hit, distance was ok, not great. Sounded good coming off. The shape is not traditional imo. Kind of hard to describe. Very U shaped. That didn't bother me though.

For me, the G15 is better club. It seems to be much hotter coming off the face. Even on miss hits. Anyway, the MX 700 is certainly worth consideration.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the responses. After hitting both of them on the range, I'm beginning to lean toward the G15 also. It has better feel, deeper face and a better stock shaft IMHO. The MX-700 has a lot going for it, but I'm with Kevin–G15 is the winner.

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!