IGNORED

Good, cheap 3-PW irons

Jesh
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm probably getting new irons this offseason, ones that'll help me improve my game. I'm thinking either the Nike CCi Forged or the Titleist 755 forged, but does anyone have anymore to try, that I could get for less than $300 used.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

The Taylormade R7's feel great and look good.
I would also recomend the titleist ap1 and ap2's.

In My Sun Mountain 3.5 Bag:
Driver- '07 Burner 10.5
3 Wood- Sumo 3 wood
Hybrid- 3+ 18.5 hybrid
Irons- R7 4-AW steelWedges- 56 Putter- Itsy Bitsy SpiderBalls- D2 Feel Prov1 Practice

Can't go wrong with the Nike OSS Slingshots. I know they might be a little old in the model, but trust me, you'll love them. I guarantee that you will be satisfied. BUT WAIT. THERES MORE.

If you try them in the next 2 days, you'll also get a 5-10 yard distance gain on your irons! FREE!! Act now, because you know we can't do this all day.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Nike Slingshot 4D
Callaway X18
Taylormade R7

Try those and see which one you like the best! But honestly, you can't go wrong whichever you choose.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Wilson Staff has some great priced iron sets. Mine were 125$ shipped to my door with new golf pride grips and they had never been hit.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Nike Slingshot 4D

I picked up some x18's last year for $200 used. I loved them for the price... they were a very forgiving iron. These clubs made me stick with Callaway when the x22's came out.

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

Consider some of the Tommy Armour 845 versions - 2002 era. Silver Scots and Stripes are two of the models.

Clubs are a bit old, but rank in the Super Game Improvement category (MPFs in 750 to 825 range). Gets ball up, but workable.

I see them from time to time in bags of people I play with, alongside current drivers and hybrids. Not sure what shafts 845s have. But, test hit them, and you might find something interesting.

Anyone else play them?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are some Nike cci forged irons here in the marketplace for $220 shipped right now. Good buy if there in good shape!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

For under $300 used, I like the following:

J 33`s for a 16.5? I play them-they look good,feel good,excellent irons. But,for a 16.5? I`d go Ping I 5. Great irons and alot more forgiving than the "blades",IMO. But, you gotta go with what floats your boat,and everyone`s different. Hit a bunch,and go with what feels good.

if you didn't want to go used - you could also consider the Acer XK's from Hireko. Golf Digest ranked them a top value, and they are excellent irons. You can have also pick shafts, as well as lie angles to have them customized to fit your needs.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Without browsing used sets, I got my W/S Pi7s for $350 new not long ago and couldn't be happier. Given the sets you listed, it sounds like you may be in the market for forged irons, though. They've given me the forgiveness and workability I wanted in an iron with little offset and a compact head as advertised.

In my bag:
905R 9.5
906F4 15.5
CLK Fli-Hi 20

MP-52 3-PW

Vokey SM 52.08, 58.08

Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"

PRO V1x

J 33`s for a 16.5? I play them-they look good,feel good,excellent irons. But,for a 16.5? I`d go Ping I 5. Great irons and alot more forgiving than the "blades",IMO. But, you gotta go with what floats your boat,and everyone`s different. Hit a bunch,and go with what feels good.

J33 cavity backs aren't blades.

J33 cavity backs aren't blades.

Ironically, they look more like a blade than the irons Ping markets as blades.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm probably getting new irons this offseason, ones that'll help me improve my game. I'm thinking either the Nike CCi Forged or the Titleist 755 forged, but does anyone have anymore to try, that I could get for less than $300 used.

Great question. I like those choices, especially the 755's. There seem to be a ton of Titleist DCI sets on ebay for $200 or less. If you want to go REALLY cheap, check out some Nicklaus N-1's. I played those for a long time and I believe it's a steal getting a set that good for around $50.

Happy hunting!

Driver: 975D 10.5* UST ProForce 75 Gold S
3W: 906F2 15* S300 shaft
Irons: i-302 3-PW
Putter: Dual Force 990

I'm going through the same thing you are, have hit a lot of clubs talked about so far and have it narrowed down to:
1. Bridgestone J36 PCs
2. Mizuno MX25s (maybe a little more Game Improvement than you're looking for)
3. Ping i5's

Have the Ping i5s in my bag right now because someone offered them up as a trade for my old irons (Titleist 775), didn't expect to like these as much as I do, I looked at the G/I10s and didn't care for them but these things flat out work for me. Have only gotten in a few session at the range, but put them head to head with the J36s and the J36s were sold the next day, if you are still looking I'd highly recommend giving these a try.

Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavity Irons. Forget used. You can buy these forged irons NEW on ebay for 300 or less - with project X 5.0 or 6.0 !!!

LINK to $299.99 J36 PC Irons

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!