IGNORED

Best Golf Movie

Ty Haegs
Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As far as comedy goes for me there is no other than "Caddyshack". How can anyone not love that movie? But on a serious side of golf I would have to say "Tin Cup". I have seen each of these movies at least 15 times a piece.

So lets here your favorite golf movie and quote(s)! The whole movie is one great quote but here a few of my fav's from Caddyshack.

"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it." - Rodney Dangerfield

"Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. When you buy a hat like this, I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? [sees Judge Smails wearing the hat] Oh, but it looks good on you, though [rolls his eyes]." - Rodney

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left." - Ty

And a few from Tin Cup...

"I assume I have the confidentiality of the doctor-client privilege in regards to this outfit?" - Tin Cup

"Look, boss, I only got one rule. And that's never bet money that you don't have on a dog race with an ex-girlfriend who happens to be a stripper." - Romeo

If the mods can add a poll for me with the following options I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Tin Cup
Caddyshack
Caddyshack II
The Legend of Bagger Vance
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Dead Solid Perfect
Follow the Sun
Bobby Jones - Stroke of Genius
Happy Gilmore
A Gentleman's Game

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, there is only one. Caddyshack.

/threadclose

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

hmmm for some reason I had a feeling you would say that. ;)

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood

You speak truth, friend. Theres really no other golf movie that matters..lol

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You speak truth, friend. Theres really no other golf movie that matters..lol

everytime I see your avatar I think "George Costanza" lol

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood

Happy Gilmore gets my vote, but I'm really to young to remember the Caddy Shack or Tin Cup fad. Guess I should watch them all again before I cast my official ballot.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

Dead Solid Perfect - hands down. Still catching one-liners. Favorite one... (while looking at a club) "F*** you and every thing you stand for!"

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Dead Solid Perfect - hands down. Still catching one-liners. Favorite one... (while looking at a club) "F*** you and every thing you stand for!"

this movie never made it to DVD though.

For me - Caddyshack is funny, but Tin cup is my favorite golf movie. Its funny, clever, the characters are believable. But I have also found Rodney Dangerfield Obnoxious more so then funny.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

You wanna make $14, the hard way?

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

...But I have also found Rodney Dangerfield Obnoxious more so then funny.

Couldn't agree more. Beg me for respect one more time and I'll respectfully plant my foot up your repectfully dead @$$. Respectfully yours...

Besides, who HASN'T remembered, "The price is WRONG Bob!"?

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Interesting. Rodney Dangerfield was intentionally obnoxious - that is where the humor comes from. Sort of like Larry David does, just much less sophisticated.

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Interesting. Rodney Dangerfield was intentionally obnoxious - that is where the humor comes from. Sort of like Larry David does, just much less sophisticated.

Call it what you will, it's not funny. Maybe it's just my humor though. I guess I expect comedians to make me laugh, but maybe that's asking too much.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

When it comes to Golf Movies I guess I prefer the more serious ones.

The Legend of Bagger Vance is hands down my favorite. I'm not a big Will Smith fan but for me this was his greatest performance. Just the whole spiritual aspect of the game and how it was played out was pretty cool. I watch the thing 4 or 5 times a year.

I like "The Greatest Game Ever Played" as a close second.

Most people go with Caddyshack but for whatever reason it just doesn't do it for me. The only scene I actually laughed at was when Bill Murray is whaking flowerheads and talking about "Here at Augusta,,,400 yards and he's got a Pitching Wedge,,,,,It's in the Hole" that was pretty funny!

Same thing with Caddyshack II, Randy Quaid was hilarious with his antics but the rest of the movie was like watching paint dry.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I have Dead Solid Perfect on DVD. I know it's a copy from a VHS, but it is good enough for me.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I found the movie "Back to School" funny, so I guess you are right that Rodney Dangerfield that was intentionally obnoxious.

However, I really enjoy Kevin Costner Sports movies. Bull Durham, Field of Dreams and Tin cup are all excellent movies.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!