IGNORED

Sure starting to suck playing alone

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 5314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So Ive been playing solo, pretty much all summer... None of my friends golf and my dad is getting old and there is always something sore, or hes got something to do....

I went out today, and really, I did not have a good time....shot like hell and didnt really care....

Couldnt drive the ball for crap, nothing..

Paired up with some guys for 2 holes, parred both of them. Then they left and back to double and triple bogeys...

Just thought I'd get that off my chest... From now on I'd rather not play than play alone...

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I find this can happen with me too. I attribute to less focus and concentration at times when I play alone.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Odd, I've found the exact opposite effect. Mind you I've only played alone a handfull of times this year, and only for 9 holes, but being alone I was not distracted by the other players shots and allowed me to hit some of my best shots and play great golf.

I usually play with my brothers or brother-in-law, and I've been lucky enough to improve my game this year to the point where I am usually are 10-15 strokes ahead, so I am always looking at the obvious mistakes they make to help them correct and get better, and I find this takes away from my game play.

My best scores however have been when I've been challenged by playing "better" players. I seem to really shine then.

But I do enjoy playing alone and trying different things out, but I admit if I only played alone I think I'd lose interest. I enjoy the comaradity and challenges of playing with others.

Hope you find some playing partners...ever thought of placing an ad in the local classifieds?

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

man i wish i could play alone just once during the summer... all the courses out here are packed during the summer and the only time you can get the course to yourself is on a crappy day...

as for playing better alone or with partners... i say it all depends on my partner... if im relaxed around them then i play better... usually if its a good friend that i wanna beat i play like crap... or my brothers i play like crap... but a total stranger that is really cool... i tend to play pretty well
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

You know what I have thought of that, but I dunno, kinda sketchy..

I just wish I had regular playing partners, I think the game would become A LOT more fun...

Sometimes they do pair me, but playing with complete strangers is better than nothing, but playing with your friends would be a lot of fun....

gogolfing- thanks man, glad I'm not the only one... Its definitely a lack of focus and concentration.... It was weird man, the last two holes I didnt even putt... I just didnt care... I'd get it close to the green, pick up and go to the next hole... Just wanted it to be over with...

I really love golf, love playing, and practicing, but playing alone has definitely taken its toll.

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

I love the game but... playing alone is not as fun because of the conversations and the chance to compete

4dx hybrid Graphite Irons
3-4 Hybrid
Pipe Putter
Titleist Pro V1...I lose enough of em
Revolver Pro 440sz

I really get down on myself when I'm alone. I hit one bad shot and I really beat myself up about it.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

I play out east on long Island real early like as soon as you can see and I get around in 2.5 hours and it is great.I mentally try to call my shots before I hit em and it is a great feeling to pull one off.I do not have to wait or have a 5 hour round and there is usually no wind up yet.It is really peacefull and I find it relaxing.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I´m certainly not a person who has a easy time getting to know new people - but getting to know people in golf is really very easy imo - esp. in your hcp category to find somebody similar.

If you play regullary - just check out the guys that practice a lot (or a pretty new and enthusastic about the game) and have a lot of time on their hands and talk them up.

Or what other people mentioned before - join the mens club/league - even easier to get to know people.

Just try to focus on your age and skill group and everything should be fine...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

This is my third year back going after maying years away from the game while my girls were growing up. I joined the mens club at local public course which puts together foursomes each week. Got to know alot of people. Still, the first two years I golfed primarily solo, going early in the morning and often playing just the back nine in less that 1 1/2 hours. Would occasionally, join others and found that there are few golfers who are not enjoyable to spend a round with. This year I finally developed regular group. This would not have happend if I hadn't been playing men's night.

Playing alone can really suck if you have limited golf days / $. I am a member of a club so I can golf whenever I want and just pay my monthly dues. So I don't mind golfing alone every few rounds as most times it meant I darted out for a fast 9 becuase I had spare time. I rarely play golf alone and keep score as like you I can't get into it, I tend to just try shots and work on my game. I will try to hit a ball into a trap rather than the green (its strange how I can hit a bunker thats 15% the size of the green 9/10 but have much more trouble hitting the green) then play a shot out of the green, or drop a ball at 100 yards and work on backing a wedge up. I find this kind of practice way better than the range.

If I was paying money for round and this was an extra round I think I would hate playing alone.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Mens league would be cool, but the courses around here dont have any! There is one at an executive course but the median age is like 60.

2bgood, how much are they charging ya for that if you dont mind? That seems like a good idea, to be a member somewhere.

I dunno man, my dad is actually gonna get out with me wednesday so that will be a nice change!

Gotta find a regular group somehow...

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

I play alone all the time and I love it. But I really enjoy being alone as much as I enjoy being with people.

I'm in the same boat. I'm 22 and kids my age haven't picked up golf yet for the most part..... and if they have..... they already have their own groups. Not to mention all my sports friends refuse to believe me when I tell them golf is an actual sport.... not just a game. Then also at this age there's the whole money issue as far as golf is concerned.

But I started out golfing alone... so maybe it's different if you started out with people and now you're trying to go the solo route.

My dad and brother play and it's tons of fun... though I can't play serious golf with them. They're both 3+ hours away so I don't see em all that often to play.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I play alone all the time and I love it. But I really enjoy being alone as much as I enjoy being with people.

i see your in texas.. it may be a long stretch, but if you happen to be in the houston area.. particualry cypress area, ill play a round or two with you.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Mens league would be cool, but the courses around here dont have any! There is one at an executive course but the median age is like 60.

My Club is 20K to join then $250 per month + food etc... Expensive compared to some clubs and cheap compared to others.

Still there is lots of places that you can join up to golf and pay a flat rate. Also if you are a junior you can find some great deals. Under 18 at our club with member sponsoring you it like $500 a year all in. Under 25 is $250 a month with no joining fee
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 5314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!