IGNORED

Would you play this golf ball again???

Zack
Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since joining this forum I have realized the importance of how the golf ball can impact your game. I used to play any kind of golf ball I could find and am now getting a little more picky My question is, should I keep playing this golf ball even though it has a little wear, or should I retire it to practice chipping? I shoot low to mid 90's so I am not that great of a golfer. I don't want to act like I am so good that a little smudge isn't good enough for my skill. Ha Ha. Just wanted to get your guys opinions. Thanks!!

Zack

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

what exactly happened? hit a tree, house, cart path? Or is it just a grass mark or from a wedge? Personally I'd still use it, just try to clean it off in a ball cleaner because I'm sure it would still play just fine. Hell I had a birdie today with the oldest, crappiest maxfli I'd ever seen and I dont get many birdies.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

I have no idea how I got that mark on there. It could have been a tree or a wedge shot. I am usually playing all over the course, ha ha. I do know that it is permanent.

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

That is the sort of ball I keep in a special pocket in my bag for those who want to bum a golf ball from me. All too many times someone has hit their "last ball" into the water, bummed a brand new Titleist ProV1 golf ball off me, simply to hit it into the water also. Oh, I'm never given a replacement ball.

No, not anymore. Instead, I keep shag balls handy for those moments where my buddies need to bum a ball. I have a pouch in my bag full of found balls and balls that got screwed up for these fairly common moments of charity.

Start up your own shag pouch for these moments. Comes in handy.

Oh, on a similar note, I generally keep cheap cigars around for those "cigar aficionado" buddies I have that never seem to have their own, and never seem to have cigars to pass out, but are always very eager to smoke mine for free.

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

I use these sort of golf balls for times I might end up end water

or like he says I never lend a good ball out, because you won't see it again

4dx hybrid Graphite Irons
3-4 Hybrid
Pipe Putter
Titleist Pro V1...I lose enough of em
Revolver Pro 440sz

That ball looks like it has about 9 holes left in it. After that, it's for practice chipping (why damage a good ball, when a dinked up one will chip almost as well?) or for giving to a friend bumming a ball.

By the way, when I designate a ball as "for chipping," I give it a particular mark, so I don't accidentally put it into play if it's somehow in my bag. In my case, I play a ball that has a circle with an 'e' in it (Bridgestone e6+), and I bubble in the circle in red when it's a shag ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, the ball's ok, just a little bit of the paint got scraped off, go ahead and use it with no worries.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's fine. I'd play it as it lies.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Play it. Since it's hasn't any monetary value anymore (compared to e.g. a new Titleist Pro V1), you won't be thinking "careful, I can't afford to loose that ball" and you'll be more relaxed about your shot.

I used to play new balls only when playing a tournament and lamented more about losing the ball than missing my shot when I hit one in the water. Stressed me out before each swing. Since I realized that, I only play balls I find accidently in the rough, sometimes a Titleist, sometimes cr*p, and as long as it doesn't affect the quality of my game, I'll stick to that. Saves a couple of bucks too.

G.

In my ⬠49.95 bag :

Driver : Euhm... not there yet, but hopefully getting closer
Woods : Superfast Burner 3 Wood 15°
i4-PW : CG GoldGW : 252.08SW : CG12 56°Putter : Rossa Suzuka 35"Balls : Gold FX Long

At the top end of professional golf tiny things can have a big effect. At my level (our level?) errors come due to lack of practise, poor swing mechanics, stubbed chips, inability to read greens, poor touch etc not the paint on my golf ball.

Play it.

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

I play them until I lose them....

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

That is the sort of ball I keep in a special pocket in my bag for those who want to bum a golf ball from me. All too many times someone has hit their "last ball" into the water, bummed a brand new Titleist ProV1 golf ball off me, simply to hit it into the water also.

In this sort of event I have a special pocket my bag with Yellow range balls I give them.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

Thanks for all the replies! I will put the ball back in the bag and continue to use it.

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Well i would play it - it doesnt seem to damaged on the surface. And i played good rounds with worse - so it doesnt really matter that much on our level.

Its funny to frequently come across replies where people say, they are worried about the monetary value of their golf ball - hmmm - how can you focus your mind on your next shot if you are worry about hitting 4$ OOB or in the water?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I would use it, but I shoot about the same scores you do I save my good balls for days I am really serious and trying to post a good score.

Big Bertha Diablo 1w
Big Bertha Diablo 3w
Big Bertha Diablo 5w
Big Bertha Diablo 3h
Big Bertha Diablo 4hCallaway X22 5 IronCallaway X22 6 IronCallaway X22 7 IronCallaway X22 8 IronCallaway X22 9 IronPelz PW 49Pelz SW 56 Pelz L 60Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX TourPutter: Ping Anser V2My...

Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!