IGNORED

Getting ready for fall/winter season?

Duffy
Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All, Well here it is, Fall, and getting ready to start our fall/winter season here in southern California. I'm sure that all of you are excited about the prospect of year round golf where you live. No? Why not? I especially enjoy Christmas day golf with my buddies and the beginning of winter league in January.
Wishing you all a productive winter golf season!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

My fall/winter season is limited to the simulator at work. Frost and snow does a good job keeping the courses closed and me indoors.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i dont have to start getting ready for cold/winter golf till late november-early december and even then it still never freezes(it will rarely sometimes).. good ol' south texas.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I need to move west or south after I graduate.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Im here in Tampa, FL, and year round golf is a sweet thing! Im trading it soon though for Colorado, but I will take advantage while I can....

Only prob here in South FL is the snowbirds start coming down here and greens fees double to take advantage of that! Kinda sucks, but at least I can tee it up once a week!

Enjoy the winter season guys!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Hi All, Well here it is, Fall, and getting ready to start our fall/winter season here in southern California. I'm sure that all of you are excited about the prospect of year round golf where you live. No? Why not? I especially enjoy Christmas day golf with my buddies and the beginning of winter league in January.

Im here in Tampa, FL, and year round golf is a sweet thing! Im trading it soon though for Colorado, but I will take advantage while I can....

UGH...I hate you both. I will freezing on PA thinking 40 degrees is a nice day for 9!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

UGH...I hate you both. I will freezing in PA thinking 40 degrees is a nice day for 9!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

kleraudio: stay in FL man ... winter golf here in Colorado sucks!

I went to the range to chip & putt this morning before work and it was barely 40 degrees outside with a stiff breeze

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I grew up in Chicago and played all year back then. My buddies and I used to sneak on Fresh Meadows golf course on New Years Day and play 9 holes no matter what the weather.

Once or twice it wasn't freezing but more likely the water hazards were frozen solid and bouncing in the middle added huge yards to a drive.

Still, we played as soon as the weather broke, and until the very last possible moment in the fall. Then I didn't have a place to set up an indoor range for the winter. Now, I can set up my net in the garage with one of the driving mats and hit balls. Yes, hitting from the mat sucks.

Next summer I'm thinking of making a bunch of forms out of 2X4s, filling them up with dirt and making grass tees for the winter.

Of course, I've been saying that for the last eight years and never actually did it.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

For me, it is almost time to put the clubs away for the winter. I will actually take them out of the trunk sometime in the next month, put the rain cover on the bag, and find a nice spot in the garage for them until March. I don't have a membership anywhere so it sucks to pay for a round on a nice day in December just to go out and suck and then have to put the clubs away again for a couple more months. I don't even bother.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Hey, even though I live in Central New York, we usually play golf until mid-December. Then, our season begins at the end of March. In the meantime, we have three golf simulator locations around here, and always head to Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach in early March.

You know---it is not a bad idea to take a break from golf and work on the short game or those aspects of the full swing that may need a tweaking. My handicap is 4, so I am not looking to do an overhaul. Mainly, I work on rhythm and balance.

I have many golf tapes and tournaments that I taped this year and have not watched. Who wants to watch the PGA Tour or LPGA Tour when you can go out and play yourself? It is more fun to play when you can, and then watch the guys and gals when the snow is covering the ground. I did not even watch the US Open, Open Championship or PGA. Now, it will be my chance to "catch up".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

GEEEEE, I'm sorry. Did it sound like I was rubbing it in? teeheehee. I guess sometimes I hate me too. Have a great off season fellas and gals.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I'm just right up the road from you, and considering that the ground is only frozen for a few weeks in Jan/Feb each year, I plan to keep playing whenever possible. It could be that I just started playing again after a long layoff and my enthusiasm is still high, though.

For me, it is almost time to put the clubs away for the winter. I will actually take them out of the trunk sometime in the next month, put the rain cover on the bag, and find a nice spot in the garage for them until March. I don't have a membership anywhere so it sucks to pay for a round on a nice day in December just to go out and suck and then have to put the clubs away again for a couple more months. I don't even bother.

A lot of people here in Wisconsin have put their golf clubs away for the winter. Not me, I'll keep playing until the first snowfall and after that I'll hit up the heated driving range at least once a week all winter long and practice putting on my living room floor almost every day.
It'll take more than a little snow and cold to put my golf game into hibernation!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

A lot of people here in Wisconsin have put their golf clubs away for the winter. Not me, I'll keep playing until the first snowfall and after that I'll hit up the heated driving range at least once a week all winter long and practice putting on my living room floor almost every day.

I lived in Kenosha Wisconsin for a couple of years, and Chicago - now I'm in Ohio. While in the military I got to spend time in Monterey, CA and Texas. People would ask me if I missed the winter and the change of seasons.

There is only one sane answer to that question - HELL NO! My wife said it was weird to have a T-shirt and shorts on while picking out a Christmas tree. My thought is that's just fine. We left Texas for Chicago in December of 2000 when I got out of the Army. It was 77 degrees when we got in the car. After 22 hours we got out in Chicago and it was 18 degrees and the city was digging out of 20 inches of snow. It sucked. Ohio isn't too bad. It's possible to play nearly all year around here if you have the guts. To be honest, I don't know if there are any courses open since this is the first year medical problems allow me to play more than once a month.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

kleraudio: stay in FL man ... winter golf here in Colorado sucks!

Ha, thats pretty cold for me man! I dunno CO offers a hell of a lot more to me than FL, just gonna REALLY miss the golfing....

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!