IGNORED

Getting ready for fall/winter season?

Duffy
Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here in Michigan, I try to play up until about the first week of November. Depends on the season. I get to play during Thanksgiving and Christmas when we go south but that's it. As a Florida native, that SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Went to the range by work. They shut down in two weeks. Really hate it because I'm hitting the ball really well.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I lived in Kenosha Wisconsin for a couple of years, and Chicago - now I'm in Ohio. While in the military I got to spend time in Monterey, CA and Texas. People would ask me if I missed the winter and the change of seasons.

Im kinda torn about that subject. Theres times where Ive thought it would be great to move to a place where I could play golf year round, but I think I would miss winter and would miss the change of seasons that we have here in the midwest.

I love the fall color that we get (and you dont get the same colors in places that have warmer climates) and I love winter. I love snowmobiling, skiing and just the overall beauty of winter. Without those things, there would be a little something missing. Not to mention that football just isnt the same unless its play in 50 degree temps. So, while Id love to live in a place where I could play golf year-round, theres too many things about life in the midwest that I think I would miss.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Well, I think the key there is you love winter and I've always hated it - even while growing up in Chicago. Being cold was miserable for me then, and is miserable for me now.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

Played yesterday and today.

These two mark the first rounds since this Spring where I've been able to leave my Oakleys on the entire round. My eyes were grateful.

These have been the coolest and most pleasant golfing days since April. Today it peaked in the low 80's.

As far as winter season goes.....we golf year-round down here. I really enjoy the winter rounds as you can get out and walk the course without getting too hot. Even in late February and early March the most that I generally will wear will be a long sleeved underarmor type cold wear shirt, short sleeved polo and a windshirt that blocks the wind and cold damp air.

The only weather conditions that I'd rather not play in is heavy rain and really high wind.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I need to move west or south after I graduate.

I grew up outside Philly. SoCal is the ultimate golf weather. In LA, stay near the coast in the summer and it's 75-80 and sunny, winter time go up to the Valley and it's 70-80 and sunny!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Up north here in Alberta we are going from in the 90's last week to near freezing this weekend. Our 5 - 6 month golf season really gets depressing sometimes. I will head down to Phoenix in November to try and keep the summer alive then hopefully try to get a round or two in sometime in the new year if we head somewhere tropical.

For those of you who have the luxury of year round golf...Cheers to you, I am envious.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

Well Bubba, That was at least better than an I hate you.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Well, I think the key there is you love winter and I've always hated it - even while growing up in Chicago. Being cold was miserable for me then, and is miserable for me now.

Thats true man, I hated being cold like that too, I grew up in Chicago for my first 23 years of life, and I know those winters are utterly rediculous....

Im in Tampa now for the past 4 years and enjoy year round golf, but.... Summer is HOT, and I mean HOT... Like rediculously hot man, and it lasts for like 7 months.... Sometimes unbearably hot! I miss the seasons too though, which is part of the reason we are moving to CO soon..... Milder winters than Chicago, thats for sure.... I suggest you come down here in like mid august and see if you would really like living down here..... Need to take like 3 showers a day! I love the weather, but you have got to like the heat man, and SPF 70! But as I type this it is currently 1130pm and the weather is 71 degrees! The best time of the year is among us!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

i live in the bay area so there is no real off season for me either. the days just get a little shorter. you def have to pay for this kind of weather though. cost of living here is a joke

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

i live in the bay area so there is no real off season for me either. the days just get a little shorter. you def have to pay for this kind of weather though. cost of living here is a joke

I had the pleasure of living in Monterey, CA for two years while attending the Defense Language Institute. It was the best weather I have experienced. Texas gets too hot and the mid-west gets too cold and too hot. Monterey was perfect. Although it did get a little chilly from time to time, it never got cold. It also never got hot.If we wanted heat we drove to the Salinas where it could be 100 degrees while it was 65 on the coast. Moving back there isn't an option because of the cost of living, as you mentioned, and the fact that gun ownership is basically outlawed. That isn't meant as a political statement. I am just saying why I won't go back there. Monterey was like living in a dream world when the food, weather and scenery is considered. Of course, the golf courses, even the bad ones, in the area are spectacular. I never could afford to play Pebble Beach but got to see a couple of tournaments there. It was amazing.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

Note: This thread is 5312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!