IGNORED

Shoulders not aligned to target!!

mazza78
Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was trying a new driver out on range yesterday and somebody pointed out that my feet were parallel to target but my shoulders were aiming right!! Would this be a major cause over the years of a fade and sometimes slice?? And is it as simple as turning or pulling my left shoulder back when setting up to correct the problem!!??

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

I was trying a new driver out on range yesterday and somebody pointed out that my feet were parallel to target but my shoulders were aiming right!! Would this be a major cause over the years of a fade and sometimes slice?? And is it as simple as turning or pulling my left shoulder back when setting up to correct the problem!!??

Are you a righty? If so, shoulders aligned right generally leads to pulls and pull-hooks and requires an over-the-top-move to get the club moving on the right path. For a lefty, shoulders aligned right could definitely cause fade/slicing. At address, your shoulders should be ever-so-slightly open. When I say ever-so-slightly, I mean whatever very minimal turn is required to get your trailing hand lower than your lead hand. If your hands were perfectly level, there would be no rearwards shoulder tilt and you could align perfectly parallel, but you couldn't grip the club like that unless you were something other than human. Take a look at Tiger at address:

Notice how you can't see the back of his left buttock, but you can see the logo on the back of his shirt. That means his shoulders are turned the slightest bit (2 cm?) open. That's the kind of open I'm talking about. Most people will still call this square, though.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Thanks for that info mate!! least i can rule that out now then!! Its more than likely due to my slight slide i have!!

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

Thanks for that info mate!! least i can rule that out now then!! Its more than likely due to my slight slide i have!!

Most big curvature comes from face angle at impact rather than path problems. Try working with an impact bag to get the feel of what square at impact feels like. You'll eventually figure out how to cock your wrists on the backswing so that the clubface stays square this way. That's the way I figured it out. Good luck.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I had a big problem with a slice. I went to lessons and it was pointed out to me that my left shoulder (Im right handed) was pointing way right of target, it straightened it up and it solved this. However I was still having some problems with the slice and came across this video http://www.golf.com/golf/video/artic...917414,00.html which has helped my game no end. The left shoulder was being straightened up and i was pushing my hip out so by following the instructions in the video everything was fixed. Might not be your problem but worth looking into as it is what worked for me.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour
5 Wood: Ping G5
Irons: Cobra fp 4-SW
Bag: Powakaddy
Ball: Srixon soft feel

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!