Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kleraudio

Best way to ship golf clubs?

22 posts in this topic

Well, I just sold my set of irons and now have to figure out how to ship these things!

You guys who have sold iron sets before, how did you ship em? Where did you get the box?

Ive got 17 bucks from buyer for shipping so I'd like to keep it under that.

Thanks!

Jim

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Go to a big box store, like Dick's, and see if they have any boxes leftover from clubs they've sold. They are designed especially for golf clubs, so they're the best. Maybe add some padded packing paper into the box to keep the clubs from shifting around.

Yea I did think about doing that, if I get a chance to swing over there tomorrow, I'll do that...

Thanks

That may be perfect, how much do those boxes run if you know off the top of your head?

And fedex is cheaper than UPS right?

Thanks!

Jim

If you go to Fed ex location they should pack them or give the box relatively cheap.I use UPS because they pack the whole damn thing right there right in front of me.

Simple, go buy youself a set of Mizunos, they will come packed nicely in a Mizuno box, use that box to ship your old ones. Problem solved.

Simple, go buy youself a set of Mizunos, they will come packed nicely in a Mizuno box, use that box to ship your old ones. Problem solved.

Lol, if only it were that simple! I like your thinking though! Jim

Probably any golf store or pro shop will have a closet or backroom filled with club boxes. Just go in and ask. Probably won't cost a thing.

Well, I saw a guy 2 weeks ago air-mail his 3-wood from one side of the fairway back to his cart and it ended up broken. I wouldn't ship them that way. I suppose you could say he.....went postal?

Thank you, thank you. No need to applaud. I've got a book comin' out.

No seriously, just go to any sporting goods place, even a wal-mart if for some reason Golf Galaxy or Dick's give you a problem and ask them for a box. You won't spend more than $17 with fed-ex or UPS. And always keep your boxes whenever you buy clubs.

When I bought my used clubs, they came in the "tube box" that was posted here before. The seller wrapped each club with newspapers to keep metal away from metal.

Worked pretty well. They arrived in good condition.

You should be able to find a sufficient box for free. It may take a couple of minutes...

Wrap the heads in newspaper & rubberband it on. Put 1/2 the clubs in head down, put 1/2 the clubs in grip down - to distribute the weight.

UPS, FedEx or USPS will all have comperable rates - depending on where you're shipping the clubs.

Any decision yet on your next set???

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, my wife actually went to Dicks and got me a box. So I'm gonna ship out those irons tomorrow.

Jay- thanks for all your help man, and yea, I have decided on the MP57's. Although thanks to what you have told me, if I cant get the 57's for the price I want, I will go with the J36's. They sound very similar to each other.

Appreciate it guys!

Jim

FedEx is the way to go for a set of irons. They are the cheapest, UPS is most expensive and USPS Priority is 2nd best to FE for iron sets. I always use USPS Priority for singles.

Thanks guys, went to Fedex earlier today and they shipped em out for me. Only cost 11 bucks!

I couldn't believe it

Jim

just go to edwin watts and get a irons box for free like ive done 5 times...... wrap each iron head individually and pack them, tape them and ship them.... fedex costed me $17 and change from florida to california

EDIT: just read you already sent them.... good luck man