IGNORED

Still pondering new irons

Note: This thread is 5280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been hitting everything under the sun as far as irons go and I have it narrowed down to the Mizuno irons. Believe it or not the iron that feels the best to me is the MP-57. After much deliberation I am probably going to buy the MX-200 iron instead. With the amount of thime that it has been since I have played, it probably would be a disaster to purchase the MP-57. There is just something about a well struck MP-57 that I can't seem to find in any other club.

I know what you mean. I've had mine for a little over a week and they are awesome. I went from Callaway X-20 Tours to the MP-57 and IMO, there is no comparison. Nothing quite like a well struck 4 iron.
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

I went to the mx-200 and after a few rounds i can honestly say i love them!!! The feel on them is amazing and get a nice crisp feel from shots!! Loads better than my previous R7 irons and titleist ap1s i considered!!

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

i have been on the hunt for a new set of irons as well. i tried the mp-57's and know exactly what you mean. if you get a good strike, its a great feeling iron. i would say go with whatever feels best because thats all that really matters.

The MP-57s definately felt the best, but I think they would be frustrating for a second time beginner like myself. I am just affraid that my ball striking is not good enough to hit the 57s consistently.

There is a reason Mizuno and other manufacturers make different levels of irons--for different levels of players. In your situation, there is no shame in going for the more forgiving MX-200, just like I would do if I was buying Mizunos.

I was at Golfsmith this past weekend dropping off a club for reshafting, and hit a bunch of irons for the heck of it. Taylormade R7's, Callaway Big Bertha (which I currently play) and X-22, and Mizuno MX-25, MX-200 and MP-57. Frankly they all hit great, except I liked the Callaway X-22's the least. The R7's felt really great--I would totally consider those if I was in the market. And in the Mizunos, as expected, I hit the MX-25 and MX-200 better than I did the MP-57. In my case, my Big Bertha 2006 irons really do hold their own, so I have no need to switch.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

I like Taylormade R7's and I am not getting paid to say that. I have played them a year and i have yet to feel a ball in my hands when it's struck. It's always solid and the ball
sails high and you can play a draw or fade, You could take these on tour or keep for the family for a long time. Prices have dropped from 7's to 3-4 hundred.

No doubt the MP-57's have a great feedback quotient. Don't most forged clubs? My problem is that I can't seem to find the center of the club consistently enuf and as such am going to put my 90-day old set up for sale with an extra set of shafts. If you are interested send me an e-mail

I have been hitting everything under the sun as far as irons go and I have it narrowed down to the Mizuno irons. Believe it or not the iron that feels the best to me is the MP-57. After much deliberation I am probably going to buy the MX-200 iron instead. With the amount of thime that it has been since I have played, it probably would be a disaster to purchase the MP-57. There is just something about a well struck MP-57 that I can't seem to find in any other club.

A buddy of mine and I were both drooling over irons in the MP series before we made purchases back in April. We both decided we simply didn't have the game for them.

I bought the ones in my sig line and am very pleased. He went with the MX-200 irons and is highly, highly pleased. I've hit his irons and can assure you that the sweet feel of forging is there...as well as forgiveness. These are awesome irons that deserve a serious look if you are in the market. I think they've sort of of updated the line for 2010, too. Perhaps the 2009 prices will drop. Sweet sticks.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!