IGNORED

Ways to find people to golf with?

trog2233
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I golf about 2-3 times a week and most of the time i golf by myself. Anyone know how to find some people to golf with. I dont mind their handicap just looking for anyone. My friends dont golf much so thats out.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I actually like going out by myself and being pair with three other strangers. Usually, I have a couple of buddies that I play regularly with.

As to meeting others to golf with, the easiest would be to join a men's club or a league. You'll meet a lot of people who are die hard golfers.

I think someone else mentioned that there is a website for golfers looking for other golfers to play with....

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My ways:

1.) Ask around at work. Most of my playing partners work at the same company. You also meet their friends and it goes from there.
2.) Walk up as a single. You never know who you'll get paired with. I've met some great people.
3.) People on this forum. I've actually golfed with a couple I've met here.
4.) Join a league. Haven't tried this yet.
5.) Go on golf outings with friends. Especially ones where there's a lot of strangers. We have an annual outing of 32 every year. I always meet new faces that I end up golfing with.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

You're not going to find many folks that can golf as much as you, unless they are retired. I would suggest joining a league at 2-3 courses. You could be playing competitive golf almost every day that way.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

thanks alot i appreciate the help...its the end of the year for golf here but next spring i think i'm gonna join a league.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I dont mind their handicap just looking for anyone.

Careful with that - if you want to find golf buddies for a longer term you should be more target specific

. Just show up when people normally finish work, hang around a bit on the putting green/driving range - you will find out quickly who is also a single golfer and golfs regullary, and just chat them up - nothing wrong with that.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Absolutely, I'll meet you at Pelican Hills in Newport Beach on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. How's that for co-operation You'll recognise me, I'll be the one with the really short clubs and checkered diaper.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

A) Get a membership at a local country club and become active in leagues

B) Play at a course that pairs you with other people if you don't have a group of four. I played at a course in North Carolina with one of my friends and played with a guy who played with Michael Jordan before. He was a great guy who I still email occasionally. We're looking to play together again sometime.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

if you are in the Charlotte area (which you obviously are not)...

http://www.pickup18.com/

Also...

http://www.mygolfbuddy.com/home.aspx

or...

http://www.amateurgolftour.net/index.htm

or as others have said... join a league or a country club or ask at the course for weekly dogfights, games, etc.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I go to the local munis and the starter almost always puts me with a group. If not, I go alone and almost always catch up with a two or threesome and join them. I have developed some golf buddies that way.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Absolutely, I'll meet you at Pelican Hills in Newport Beach on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. How's that for co-operation

HAHAHAHA

I think I will go there just to see this. :)

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Join a golf club, if you play 12 times a month you may well find it cheaper then paying for rounds one at a time and it is a great way to meet golfers.

Another option not mentioned is chat up the pro at the club you play at and ask him this same question, he should be able to point you towards some regulars
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I joined a local golf group on facebook. They have regularly scheduled rounds. I just send a message to the group founder when I can play with them.

There is another website where you can join a USGA recognized local golf club online to establish an official handicap. You can then message members to play rounds of golf. To find the website type "usga handicap index golf social network" into google search engine. It is the first website generated.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 2 years later...

Every saturday I walk on a course and get paired up with a two some or three some.  I always have fun but it would be nice to find others who want partners on a little more regular basis.  I'm a woman so I  don't get asked as much to go play.

Old thread is old.

I met a lot of people just playing as a single. And of course as I got better and better, more people at the cource 'noticed' me and started asking me to play with them here and there. Im at the point where I have more golf buddies than I need, but they are all good guys and we have a great time.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Brad, I'm in Murrieta and am always looking for guys to play with during the week. If you're ever up this way, I usually play at Rancho California, Summerly, and Menifee Lakes. Always open to trying new courses as well.

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!