IGNORED

Tilt-forward tees. Legit?

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for indestructible tees online, I ran across this thing called the "Martini" tee. It claims to go longer and straighter due to its ability to tilt forward 20 degrees.

http://www.martinigolftees.com/robots.php

First...does this make any sense? If so, why? Next...would it be conforming? I didn't find anything about that on their site.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Well... it is conforming... but...

Longer and straighter? I have to chuckle a bit when i hear that from a legal tee manufacturer. From a physics standpoint it does stand to reason that a tee could offer some difference in ball flight but I would calculate that difference somewhere around 0.0001 % So please don't fooled into thinking this miracle tee is going to do anything but give you possibly a 1 or 2 inch advantage in length or line. The nice thing is plastic tees will generally hold up better. JMO

• 11 months later...
I can’t vouch for the extra distance but I certainly can vouch for the durability. I bought 5 of these at a course in Northern Michigan. 2.5 years later I’m still on my first one! The thing won’t die. I probably have 35+ rounds and countless shots at the driving range all with same tee. I bought the bright green one so its easy to spot when it comes out of the ground. It has become a curiosity with me to see how long this tee will last.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

You won't notice any increase in distance or straighter ball flight due to the tee. If you add up all the yards from all these gimmicks then I can see how everyone hits 300 yard drives.

« Keith »

I don't think it'll make any difference at all..
..but this tee will definitely make your ball go straighter!

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Yes, they go further. They go the millimeters the tee is tilted forward further.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think it'll make any difference at all..

Perfect grammar FTW......"designed to help you from slice the golf ball"

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol, I know. I noticed the same thing.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

lol, I know. I noticed the same thing.

Uh....Am I the only one that's seeing "Designed to help prevent you..."? It's all the same bad grammar, but am I missing something else? Just wanting to make sure I'm not going crazy.

Ogio Nexos Black on Black

Taylormade TP R9 Superdeep, 9.5, Aldila RIP A70X

Bridgestone J38 15, Motore F1 75S

Mizuno Masters Tournament Blades

Mizuno MP-T10 60.08

Ping Anser 2i

Looking for indestructible tees online, I ran across this thing called the "Martini" tee. It claims to go longer and straighter due to its ability to tilt forward 20 degrees.

Also, forgot to state this in previous post. As for it making any sense...depends who you ask. Why in theory would this work? Depending on your swing pattern, tilting the ball forward can reduce the backspin you are imparting at impact which should lead to a better roll out.

Ogio Nexos Black on Black

Taylormade TP R9 Superdeep, 9.5, Aldila RIP A70X

Bridgestone J38 15, Motore F1 75S

Mizuno Masters Tournament Blades

Mizuno MP-T10 60.08

Ping Anser 2i

Uh....Am I the only one that's seeing "Designed to help prevent you..."? It's all the same bad grammar, but am I missing something else? Just wanting to make sure I'm not going crazy.

I'm thinking it should be "slicing" instead of "slice".

I need a tee that keeps me from making a sh*tty swing, crippled by 5 or 6 simultaneous swing thoughts. Or, I just need a Hammer driver.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

POW! (a reference to the sound Jack Hamm makes when he swings THE HAMMER)

In the bag

titleist.gif 910 D2 8.5° | titleist.gif 909F2 15.5° titleist.gif 909H 21° |
titleist.gif  710 CB 3i-5i, 710 MB 6i-9i |  vokey.gif 48°  54°  60°
  Newport 2   |    Z Star or  Pro V1 |

bushnell.gif V2 Tour Rangefinder |

I dont know about those but I use Brush T's and I like them a lot. They allow me to tee the ball up consistently at the same height and Ive been thru one season with them and Im still on my first one. I cant say they go straighter or longer but I have consistent drives since Im always teed at the same height.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!