Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FHopper

TaylorMade made in China

69 posts in this topic

My clubs say shaft and head made in China AND assembled in China; is it just me or is that just sad? Where are other clubs made? Are there American manufacturers or any clubs from Great Britain? I think a company should be more than just Engineering and Marketing.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Ping still owns their own foundry but I am sure their woods are made in China.
Most big names are all made over seas.

Only Pings still made in America are the Karsten and i-series putters. No large manufacturer of clubs still makes them here.

My clubs say shaft and head made in China AND assembled in China; is it just me or is that just sad? Where are other clubs made? Are there American manufacturers or any clubs from Great Britain? I think a company should be more than just Engineering and Marketing.

Ummm... i hate to break it to ya but if it isn't made in China, it's made in Mexico. We don't make ANYTHING here anymore. Hmmm....maybe that's why there's no jobs????

Mizuno irons are made in Japan which still isn't the US but it is a lot better than being made in China!

Nike clubs are made in china and I can tell you my hybrids are HIGH HIGH quality. the irons are good quality but I don't like them very much. I lost 25 yards on my game from them.

My PING G5i putter is all made in the USA. Other than that, everything else is made in China.
My Cleveland HiBore XLS had a sticker on the shaft saying "Head made in China, Shaft made in USA, Assembled in USA"
I've seen a friend's X-22s, they have a sticker on them saying "Assembled in China".
As someone before me said, the only irons not made in China right now are Mizunos. They're forged in Japan and assembled in the US.

Isn't Mizuno a Japanese company so it is okay that they are made in Japan

Isn't Mizuno a Japanese company so it is okay that they are made in Japan

Yes, Mizuno is a Japanese company.

All the American made clubs are crazy expensive Tour Edge and Scotty Cameron

Bettinardi putter, made in the USA. Various vintage Ping putters, made in the USA. Two sets of Mizuno irons, made in Japan. Yonex driver that I replaced this year, made in Japan. My MacGregor irons, hand-forged in Japan. lol

From Back to the Future III:
Young Doc: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".
Marty McFly: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
Young Doc: Unbelievable.

There's no question that the best forgings are currently produced in Japan. Sadly, they used to come from Tennessee.

i always thought titleist was a US company but i might be wrong

All the American made clubs are crazy expensive Tour Edge and Scotty Cameron

In the opinion of many, Tour Edge equipment is not considered crazy expensive.

75-85%(guesstimate) of all golf equipment has Chinese fingerprints on it.Only thing I question is the "Assembled in China". The Taylormade stuff I have had and have now was made in China, but assembled in the USA, what club is it? That sounds fishy to me.