IGNORED

TaylorMade made in China

FHopper
Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can suggest moving the golf club making industry to Tennessee as that fine state has mild weather, lots of cheap electric power (TVA), many good golf courses, many skilled workers eager to see a Taylor Made or Nike paycheck, and importantly, excellent road transportation connecting within one day to 73% of the USA population.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can suggest moving the golf club making industry to Tennessee as that fine state has mild weather, lots of cheap electric power (TVA), many good golf courses, many skilled workers eager to see a Taylor Made or Nike paycheck, and importantly, excellent road transportation connecting within one day to 73% of the USA population.

Are these workers willing to work for $3 an hour like the workers in China are?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Are these workers willing to work for $3 an hour like the workers in China are?

Workers in China don't get paid much, but they do get housing and food as part of their deal so need to keep that in perspective.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="GaijinGolfer" url="/t/30226/taylormade-made-in-china/30_30#post_918907"]   Are these workers willing to work for $3 an hour like the workers in China are? [/QUOTE] Workers in China don't get paid much, but they do get housing and food as part of their deal so need to keep that in perspective.

Ohh, how luxurious, where do I sign up? I hear the food is fantastic. :doh: Are unions perfect and angelic? No, of course not, there are abuses and negatives, that's human nature. The fact of the matter is that things would be FAR worse without unions. Pretty much every social and economic gain made by the working middle class was achieved with the blood and sweat of trade unions and those gains will disappear in a flash without unions and the collective bargain process. Without trade unions there would be no middle class and once the tipping point is reached society would be plunged back into a depression in a classic example of history repeating itself. Just look at what's happening to the working class in the Right to Work (for less) States. Anti union rhetoric (which really hasn't changed since the conception of trade unions) often points to the "good" companies that pay comparable rates and conditions despite being non-unionized as an argument for why unions are no longer necessary but do you think for one minute that these companies would continue to do so if unions didn't exist? The siren song of easy profit gained at the expense of the working class is too great a temptation. But hey, maybe they'll give me a bowl of rice and a shack to live in so I won't need any money right? Every man and woman deserves to have the opportunity to provide for their family, own a home and one day, retire with dignity. Unions make that possible. Unions are the good guys, they brought you the weekend, workers compensation, pay equity, labour laws, protection from discriminatory and arbitrary treatment, the concept of minimum wage!!! The list goes on and on. I know who's side I'm on.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

This isn't the Grill Room, so let's leave the politics out of it here, okay?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

OMG I woke up and it was 2009 again! The companies are all overseas as its too expensive to produce with American workers. Americans wouldn't do it for the money and the illegal Mexicans would end up making your clubs and everyone would still be complaining;)

I have read similar reports in other industries.  China, like Japan and the USA are beginning to experience their own labor issues and increases in manufacturing costs.  I remember when Japan was considered cheap labor and today they even outsource to China.

Mexico is giving China some competition as is India.  We'll see more third world countries get involved as the costs from China rise and businesses seek cheaper alternatives.

One of the predictions is that within 10 years labor costs in China will be almost that of the Unites States. The efficiency per worker is expected to be higher as well, but including the costs of shipping product is going to make it more costly to build things there than locally.

In some places in China, the labor costs are already higher than the the states. This trend is expected to continue through Shenzen and the Guangzhou region in the next several years.

China is already looking towards other Asian countries, South America and Africa for cheaper labor and raw materials.

China is also starting to build more products for internal consumption, this will drive their internal economy like internal consumption did for us in the 1950's.

The average Chinese will soon be able to purchase US and European made products (they are already buying many cars), and will drive all the economies.

The average golfer in China probably already does purchase American made clubs.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

One of the predictions is that within 10 years labor costs in China will be almost that of the Unites States. The efficiency per worker is expected to be higher as well, but including the costs of shipping product is going to make it more costly to build things there than locally.

In some places in China, the labor costs are already higher than the the states. This trend is expected to continue through Shenzen and the Guangzhou region in the next several years.

China is already looking towards other Asian countries, South America and Africa for cheaper labor and raw materials.

China is also starting to build more products for internal consumption, this will drive their internal economy like internal consumption did for us in the 1950's.

The average Chinese will soon be able to purchase US and European made products (they are already buying many cars), and will drive all the economies.

The average golfer in China probably already does purchase American made clubs.

Makes sense, as China is the largest economy in the world.  Im just waiting for it all to collapse when the Chinese wake up to the thing that their government is doing and demand more freedoms.  IMO, China is a house of cards.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

OMG I woke up and it was 2009 again! The companies are all overseas as its too expensive to produce with American workers. Americans wouldn't do it for the money and the illegal Mexicans would end up making your clubs and everyone would still be complaining;)

Its pretty much the same talk that comes up every election cycle.  Americans seem to think its still the '50s, where the U.S. is the center of the universe and everything is made here.  Im all for things being made in the USA but unless people want goods to cost double or triple what they do now or people are willing to work for much less money, it aint gonna happen.

Its pretty much the same talk that comes up every election cycle.  Americans seem to think its still the '50s, where the U.S. is the center of the universe and everything is made here.  Im all for things being made in the USA but unless people want goods to cost double or triple what they do now or people are willing to work for much less money, it aint gonna happen.

That doesn't seen to be the case any longer. I purchase American whenever possible and sometimes word very hard finding these products. I just bought garage shelving made in the U.S.A and the price was only 10% higher than the Chinese made carbon copy. The American made product was powder coated which more than made up the price difference as far as I'm concerned. I wear new balance 993s and red wing 4470s. Wigwam socks. My employer buys my FR clothing and that is made here. I don't expect applause or anything but it does make me feel better to buy items made here. They are also superior quality. And if anyone cares my clubs are all made in USA but that's because I couldn't bring myself to buy new clubs to to accompany me in my embarrassing trips to the range or any of the local courses here.

That doesn't seen to be the case any longer. I purchase American whenever possible and sometimes word very hard finding these products. I just bought garage shelving made in the U.S.A and the price was only 10% higher than the Chinese made carbon copy. The American made product was powder coated which more than made up the price difference as far as I'm concerned. I wear new balance 993s and red wing 4470s. Wigwam socks. My employer buys my FR clothing and that is made here. I don't expect applause or anything but it does make me feel better to buy items made here. They are also superior quality. And if anyone cares my clubs are all made in USA but that's because I couldn't bring myself to buy new clubs to to accompany me in my embarrassing trips to the range or any of the local courses here.

What're you playing?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Seemore putters are made in America by people who actually speak English!!!! Image that concept. Taylormade just took over the Calloway golf Center here in Vegas. I was curios about the SLDR driver. 3 swings and that was it. 52 gram shaft in a driver????? Will not go back their. When Calloway had it, it was cool to go hang out and hit balls or play their short course or putt on their practice greens. First impression was not good with staff at all.

Yes, I buy USA made milk, eggs, vegetables... Some things make sense, but if you need to spend more than a week to find underwear made in the USA it might not be a wise use of your time. If I were to purchase new clubs, I would spend the time to look for US made products. I'm sure the ones I have now were made elsewhere, but I could take my time purchasing the next set from US. We should look for US made products where it makes sense. Good you had time to look. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yes, I buy USA made milk, eggs, vegetables... Some things make sense, but if you need to spend more than a week to find underwear made in the USA it might not be a wise use of your time. If I were to purchase new clubs, I would spend the time to look for US made products. I'm sure the ones I have now were made elsewhere, but I could take my time purchasing the next set from US. We should look for US made products where it makes sense. Good you had time to look. :-)

Agree. It's funny you mentioned underwear because I actually looked for some but the only ones I could find were $18 each. I guess in have a price ceiling.

Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!