IGNORED

Paging Keys Now Supported

iacas
Note: This thread is 3079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Today I added partial support for paging keys using this open-source library .

What's it mean for you?

Well, if you type the "j" or "k" keys you'll go to the next and previous post on any given page. This will make navigation much easier as your eyes won't have to read down the page, then immediately jump up when you hit "page down" or something.

Give it a try on a page with several posts: tap the j and k keys.

------

Now, what isn't working that I hope to get working soon is related to pagination. The "h" and "l" keys will eventually (I hope) allow you to go to next and previous pages. Additionally , if that works, "j" and "k" will go forward and back a page when you're at the last or first post, respectively.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Anyone used this yet? I have... just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Doesn't work in Chrome, haven't tried it in other browsers yet.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Anyone used this yet? I have... just wondering if anyone else noticed.

I'm a left handed mouse user since 2004 so j & k are really really . . . good.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

really nice! thx

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Being old VI guy I like it!!!

I know it's a work in progress but just wanted to leave some feedback.

Using Chrome on the front page (and sub-forum front pages), k & l seem to take me to the head of the page, h takes me to the end and j don't seem to do anything.

On an individual thread pages the j & k paging is working (and the h & l still do tail & head).

Mike

• Administrator
Being old VI guy I like it!!!

Yeah, that's because I can't get the h and l keys to go forward and back a page like they're supposed to. If I could, then j and k would "cross boundaries" as well.

It's unfortunate, but the current way the JavaScript is built and the way vBulletin pages are created make this a no-go. Lame, I know... but at least j and k work, and h and l do the tail and head stuff. If I could get it ALL to work, I'd do it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
I'm pleased to announce that I've re-added this support to the forum AND that it's now better: not only will j and k take you from post to post (j the next post, k the previous post - which, yes, seems backwards to me too but which is the "standard"), but the h and the l also go to the next or previous page in multi-page threads as well now. (Or to the top or bottom of a page if the next or previous page is not available.)

• 5 years later...
  • Administrator

Paging keys are once again supported!

Woohoo!

"j" and "k" keys go to the next and previous post. If that crosses a page, the next or previous page is loaded.

"h" and "l" keys go forward or back a page. It'll go to either the top or bottom of the page first.

The "`" key will reload the page. Originally it was set to "r" but I didn't want to make the page reload just because you accidentally hit a fairly common key (r).

Enjoy!

There's currently a bug of sorts: if you're on the last post, "j" reloads the page. In reality if you're at the end of page 5, it will try to go to page 6, but the site will kick you back to page 5.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Very cool, I'm liking it so far, more efficient way to navigate the threads.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Since 90 percent of my interaction is on mobile this doesn't really help me, but what about the navigation button I see on the bottom right that takes me to the top of the page, will they ever put one that takes me down to the bottom?  That would really help.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Woohoo!

"j" and "k" keys go to the next and previous post. If that crosses a page, the next or previous page is loaded.

"h" and "l" keys go forward or back a page. It'll go to either the top or bottom of the page first.

The "`" key will reload the page. Originally it was set to "r" but I didn't want to make the page reload just because you accidentally hit a fairly common key (r).

Enjoy!

There's currently a bug of sorts: if you're on the last post, "j" reloads the page. In reality if you're at the end of page 5, it will try to go to page 6, but the site will kick you back to page 5.

How does this exactly work?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

How does this exactly work?

Like… technically? JSON/JavaScript, some HTML/CSS… and your keyboard.

In practice?

Oh, and the bugs seem to have been fixed.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

In practice?

I'm going to assume this is only with Mac right?  Because I clicked K and J and didn't work for me.. 

I liked your presentation though, very informative ;)

Eyad

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I'm going to assume this is only with Mac right?  Because I clicked K and J and didn't work for me.. 

I liked your presentation though, very informative ;)

No. Pretty much any browser. The "focus" has to be in the window at large, though.

I can't change anything or troubleshoot it, either. It works in all three major browsers I can test on this computer. And some you might never have heard of (OmniWeb, iCab).

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. Pretty much any browser. The "focus" has to be in the window at large, though.

I can't change anything or troubleshoot it, either. It works in all three major browsers I can test on this computer. And some you might never have heard of (OmniWeb, iCab).

Thanks I'll try again.

Eyad

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

In practice?

It was more if it was something I had to set up on my end. 

Thanks for the video, very easy to understand :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!