IGNORED

Golf in winter - what do you wear.

Jemehl
Note: This thread is 5221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice black dress pants, and still a short sleeve drifit polo here :) some days need my pimpin' lightweight DC jacket though...

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

Well pimping jackets are a must so don't leave that at home. I were stuff like FJ coldweather mocks, when it gets reall cold a cashmere sweater over the mock and raingear with a knit hat. Ohio gets much colder then virginia though and when its snowing its snowboard time.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

In the bitter cold here in Arizona I usually wear shorts and a wind shirt. I just realized, I have never played a round of golf wearing pants

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

In the bitter cold here in Arizona I usually wear shorts and a wind shirt. I just realized, I have never played a round of golf wearing pants

One of the coldest rounds I ever played was in Vegas 2 years ago, but I'm jealous of your short wearing winter golf apparel.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

"Winter" hehe, I'm in Southern California so when this winter thing comes around and the temp drops to a freezing 60 degrees I put on a light jacket.

Seriously, I keep a lightweight fleece vest and a water resistant windbreaker in my bag. That way I can mix and match if I need to.

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 10.5 Reg shaft
FW: Taylor Made 3 Wood
Hybrid: Taylor Made 3
Irons: Ping G10
Putter: Odyssey TourSite: http://thegolfstudent.com

I've worn golf pants twice already, and this was when we were in San Diego playing golf at 6am when it was foggy out and you can see your breath when you breath and the grass was quite wet from the morning dew, it was fun though

• 3 weeks later...

im actually going out tomorrow at temps ranging 30+ but windchill around 16 in nj. Planning on walking so ill be wearing sweatpants, thermal shirt underneath my adidas shirt and this...

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

50* and above, I'll wear shorts, short sleeve and a pull over, maybe. Under that temp I probably won't go.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I wear running/cycling tights under a pair of pants. Top, usually mock turtleneck, and sweater vest, sometimes another thin shirt. I don't play if that isn't enough but I will be warm down to 40 in that.

Brian

Long sleeved shirt and pants :)

I love Florida

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

nothing..... i ALWAYS golf naked.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

We don't get the random rainfall you guys get in TX. I still haven't played a round in the rain, I really want to though!

no........you dont wanna play in the rain

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

long sleeve T-shirt under a Sub-Zero or Under Armour elastic type, black all weather long sleeved top. Then a black vest is more is needed. this is good down to about 35 degrees but on such days I wear a regular gold glove on both hands and a wool cap over the ears. My pants are double lined and warm.

The main issue is carrying golf balls in your pants pocket and rotating them around to keep them a little warmer.

RC

it was 32* today and sunny...
i went out in massive layers...
golf shoes
thick socks
dress pants
tee shirt
long sleeve turtle neck
polo
sweat shirt
pull over jacket
baseball cap
beanie

and it still wasnt enough... i even ran(jogged) to my ball between shots to try to get some blood flow going... i could hear the ice crunching in some spots of the fw...

you also have to consider the wuss factor... im originally from hawaii and grew up in san diego before moving to the east coast a few years ago... i still am not used to winter lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I'm going out in a few hours. It's 31 degrees out so I'll be wearing:

Under Armour cold weather tights and turtleneck, corduroy pants, wool sweater, wool hat and a pair of mittens for easy on and off between shots.

My wife thinks I'm crazy but that's nothing new.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!