IGNORED

Fitness & golf score

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just joined a fitness center & looking to drop around 20lbs. I'm currently 5'10" 205lbs...& trying to get down to 185lbs by next spring.....to improve my health & hopefully to improve my golf game.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in their golf game after they improved their fitness? I'm hoping improved fitness will help with fatigue coming down the back 9 :}

Any comments?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

If you're walking, then for sure, it makes a difference!

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

When I walk and jog, my core muscles feel better and I notice that I can rotate better and gain a few miles per hour in the golf swing but best of all I feel fantastic especially my back is nice and loose. The back nine is also easy and since you are in shape you will make better decision and save a few strokes overall.

Feel free to post a work out diaryto keep track of your progress, congratulation for starting the fitness program, you will feel fantastic, I guarantee it, good luck.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

It has made a difference with me. I was about 225 18 months ago at 6"1'. Now I'm 180 with much better core strength. I think the gain in focus from exercise has helped as much as the weight loss. Although now I swing with much less effort with better results.

- Pat

41 yrs. old, 3rd year playing and learning!
In my beginner bag:
--------------------------Driver/3W/3H - Nike Sumo SQ4H - TaylorMade Rescue5 iron - PW 2008 Callaway BB w/iBridsLW/SW/GW - 2010 Cleveland CG15Putter - 2008 Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo 7---------------------------

I'm 49 and I've had great results from a variety of work-outs. There are several golf-specific training books out now written by trainers who work with pro golfers (I've picked up multiple via Amazon.com) and also the TPI web site is fantastic. The stuff that has benefited me most are flexibility, mobility, stability adn core strength training. Much less shoulder, back and hip pain, much more able to get my body to make a solid swing.

IN my experience, aerobic training definitely also helps with durability and staying fresh until last hole.
In the bag:
Driver: FT9, 9.5
3-Wood: X-Tour
Hybrid: FT
Irons: X-forgedWedges: X-forged, 52, 56/14, 60/8

20 pounds in a year? I KNOW you can drop 20 in 2 months, as long as you eat clean and train properly..

Good luck to ya, you will feel great when you get there!

Jim

Oh and contrary to popular belief, you have to eat! Dont starve yourself like most people on a cut, if your training hard you have to replenish your body, or else your body will just use its new found muscle for energy.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Another benefit from regular exercising is when you wake up you feel better and if you have some aches and pain, while your exercising the aches and pains go away, I would say the overall feeling is being refresh and lighter.

I had a shoulder soreness one time and my recovery from this injury was much faster since I was exercising daily.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Thanks for the comments! I'm taking it one day at a time. I took a spinning class today.
I've lost 3 pounds this week....so I am on my way :]

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

do it! i have lost about 45lbs now and between losing weight and getting healthy and working on my swing i am now down to about a 4. I was an 11 when the first video was shot. losing the weight and gaining muscle will change your game. in the first video i am hitting an 8 iron about 145 now i'm at 160.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

• 1 year later...
I noticed that i was less tired after playing a round of golf. I was stronger out of the rough. I lost 40 lbs, then i lost about 10-15 yards because of the mass loss. I had a huge lateral move into the ball, big bell = big hit ;b, but i gained it nearly back now in muscle. But it hasn't fixed my issues with the slight slice

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!