IGNORED

Tiger throws driver into gallery in disgust....

mn723
Note: This thread is 5243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

you guys that thinks tiger is an ••••••• and f'ing retards. you know why he doesn't lke making mistakes and gets pissed? its becuase everytime this man does make a mistake you guys crucify him for it. it prolly makes it worse knowing that everyshot you hit is televised. and if you think he's a bad role model for golf!? what about the golf channel's big break!! those are the whiniest, arrogant bunch of babies i have ever seen. they cuss and throw shit all the time and the golf channel is trying to help them gets jobs. so then is golf channel bad? NO its a sport and people get pissed, you idiots have nothing better to talk about so you are hammering on tiger(prolly because he is just that much better than the golfer you like). he apologized but it was NOT intentional. loosen up and if you dont like it go watch another sport.

rant over!

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys that thinks tiger is an ••••••• and f'ing retards.

I'm assuming you, the one who couldn't even form a barely-coherent sentence, are calling us retards, am I correct?

you know why he doesn't lke making mistakes and gets pissed? its becuase everytime this man does make a mistake you guys crucify him for it.

It's his problem that he hits a bad shot, not ours. It's also his job to not look like a whiny, hissy-fit-throwing bitch every time he hits a bad shot, especially on national television.

and if you think he's a bad role model for golf!? what about the golf channel's big break!! those are the whiniest, arrogant bunch of babies i have ever seen. they cuss and throw shit all the time and the golf channel is trying to help them gets jobs.

You do know that The Big Break is a REALITY TELEVISION SHOW, right? They're probably paid to do that.

so then is golf channel bad? NO its a sport and people get pissed, you idiots have nothing better to talk about so you are hammering on tiger(prolly because he is just that much better than the golfer you like).

Um, no, it's not because he's "just that much better than the golfer I like." It's because he's *supposed* to be setting an example, like all other pros. It's because he's the only one I ever hear of throwing clubs on a regular basis. Remember the British Open? He needs to learn to keep his composure on the course and not look like a total dipshit.

he apologized but it was NOT intentional. loosen up and if you dont like it go watch another sport.

Am I supposed to commend him for apologizing? That's the least he could've done after releasing a golf club into the gallery. He didn't even make sure someone was okay; he just took the club and walked off.

rant over!

Worst rant ever.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He didn't even make sure someone was okay; he just took the club and walked off.

To be fair, judging from the crowd reaction it was pretty obvious people were ok. He didn't linger and chitchat, but he clearly interacted and it appeared as though he at least said something. I think it's poor form to throw the club, but I don't see anything out of line otherwise. Certainly not worthy of the hissy fits some people are throwing on here about it.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

It's not so much the fact that no one really got hurt, it's the fact that he intetionally threw a club (though didn't intentionally throw it into the gallery), which ended up going into the gallery. He should just do away with the whole club-slamming/throwing thing, because he just makes more and more of an ass out of himself.

-Rich

Yo he may number 1 but honestly i don't care for tiger. much respect to him, no doubt he's got game, but there is never a time when one should throw a club. what i do when i get mad after a shot is throw a ball from my bag into the water, i get so much joy from that for some odd reason. or i just cheer myself up, even if i'm having the worst outing in a long time, by telling myself it could always be worse. but again, golfers need to control their temper, more over the pros because they are on the spotlight. tiger has just lost style points in attitude on my book....
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I'm assuming you, the one who couldn't even form a barely-coherent sentence, are calling us retards, am I correct?

congradualtions you caught my typographical error.

so you never hit bad shots at golf? do you get upset when you mishit? how much time do you practice? i know your only a 12 so i assume you miss alot, do you aspire to get better? how much do you actually care about the quality of golf you play? here's the thing this man's whole life has revolved around golf. since day 1 he has been labeled a prodigy, and has lived up to it quite well i may add. He works harder than anyone on tour and deserves the right to be cut some slack. He puts so much into the game that it bothers him when he makes a mistake. I put alot of work into my game and when i play like shit i get pissed, it doesn't mean i'm a bitch, it means i care enough to be passionate. he made a mistake yesterday and apologized for it. i apologize for sounding like a dick and my piss poor grammer but i stand by what i say and what i have seen. this is being blown way out of proportion, let the guy vent. -matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

and if you think he's a bad role model for golf!? what about the golf channel's big break!! those are the whiniest, arrogant bunch of babies i have ever seen. they cuss and throw shit all the time and the golf channel is trying to help them gets jobs.

You do know that The Big Break is a REALITY TELEVISION SHOW, right? They're probably paid to do that.

The irony is killing me.

The only thing I noticed is how he looked like he had done something incredibly stupid. He knew what he did and looked upset about it. He does need to work on better ways to handle his emotions. Usually I am all over him for his actions but I think this might lead to him making changes in his sometimes selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

congradualtions you caught my typographical error.

Sure I mishit a fair amount when I play, and of course I care about how well I play. I'm not saying it's not okay to vent when you hit a bad shot or two, but if it puts the well-being of someone else into jeopardy when you do it, there's something seriously wrong. If that's how Tiger is going to vent, then I'm not going to let him vent without saying something. He needs to find another way to channel his anger.

-Rich

Compared to Pro Football and Basket ball players he is a saint. I am glad it did not hurt anyone. I doubt he was worried when he bounced it, he has such a remarkable "sense" for where a club is it would have been a real surprise if it had hurt someone. He was startled when he flicked his hat brim with a clubhead earlier in the year and that club was only inches from where he thought it was. I see this as a non event that is something for the Aussies to talk about.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

When you think of how many young kids (and adults) look up to this guy it puts into perspective why I see so many jerks out on the courses or spoiled brats at Junior tournaments. Their "role model" is a big baby and throws temper tantrums. I understand his drive to win. You hit a bad shot...suck it up and hit the next one good. Be a gentleman out there and be a good example.

pro-athletes should not be your children's role models. Raise them better and with more perspective please. My social security depends on your kids not being morons.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I watched it "live"on the GC and was more mad that he did not even utter a "Sorry" as the crowd gave him back the club.Why doesn't Stevie boy say something to him instead of trying to intimidate the gallery?He is supposed to be his friend and we all know how close a caddy and his player are supposed to be.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

he does stop and nod and say atleast 1 full sentence .... of course no one has any idea what he said.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Look, I really rate Woods. I followed him around Kingston Heath on Thursday. But it's pretty hard to defend his conduct here. He threw a club; it appears to have bounced a bit randomly and then ended up in the crowd. I don't care that Woods throws the odd tantrum, but he should be held responsible for any consequences that result from this kind of behaviour. By holding him responsible, I mean that it should be recognised that he did the wrong thing. It's obvious that he didn't intend the club to hit anyone -- and maybe it didn't -- but it was certainly a close call; and it was thrown from a tee box into an area where the crowd was at least four or five people deep. The chances of a person getting hit and / or hurt in those circumstances aren't all that remote. It wasn't a clever thing to do and, if you asked him privately, I'm sure he'd agree.

On a more positive note, although (perhaps unsurprisingly) Woods wasn't really challenged today, he played pretty well. He was a good winner.
Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

I'm not defending Tiger, he should know better and has had anger issues in the past, but its not like he's the only one to ever do it.

Ernie Els should not be defended for his actions but the worst argument one could make is hey they did it too.

Note: This thread is 5243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!