• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kpaulhus

Playing TPC Sawgrass tomorrow

16 posts in this topic

Anyone ever played there before? Im bringing extra balls and Im soooo pumped. Tee off at 1pm. Ill post ym experience tomorrow night.

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Wow, that's awesome. Hope you have a great round, and for sure it'll be an unforgettable experience no matter what the score. I've never played there, but hopefully you're next post will pump me up to go play there sometime.

Me too. I said that it might be the only 100+ scorecard I ever frame lol. The weather is supposed to be perfect tomorrow too.

Awards and Achievements

It was unbelieveable. I have a new found respect for pro golfers. I shot a 103 from the blues. I put 4 in the drink on 17. Wind, hit it too far and a slice contributed to that 8.

Awards and Achievements

Guess the local rules do not count penalties on that hole.

lol I just wrote an 8 down. It really should have been a 10. I had to hit one on the green though. I shot a 103 so if wont even affect my handicap as I have 20 rounds less than 100.

Awards and Achievements

Thats so awesome man! Did you take pics?

Next time you play there let me know man, Ive ALWAYS wanted to play there! I will gladly make the drive sometime!

How much did the round cost? Oh and whats the yardage on 17 from the blues? Seems like a tough shot!

Jim

The yardage was only 115 since we couldnt play the pro tees. We tee'd off right at 1 being the last slot in the day since daylight savings time. It was 180 per player. Its funny though becasue if we tee'd off at noon, it would have been 275 per player.

Awards and Achievements

Played two rounds in the Stadium Course in 2000.

It was a weekend trip with twelve buddies. We played a few weeks before The Players, it was incredible and really, really tough course.

The first day we played waaaay back in the pro tees... just to see what it felt like... impossible. Though I made par on 17 !!!

The second day was easier from the amateur tees, but still one of the toughest courses I have ever played... though I walked away with a 6 on 17 !!!!

You get a tremendous appreciation for the pros watching them on the same course a few weeks later on TV... Those guys ARE good !!

I played it from the Blue tees a couple weeks ago. It's really not a hard course, nor was it in as nice of condition as I thought it'd be. It plays short and pretty darn easy as long as you don't try to bully the layout. Miss the fairway or green and the rough and bunkers are tough, but if you play it like it was designed from anything but the back tees it's not hard if you're hitting it OK. I was disappointed.

^ I think that might be attributed to the difference in our handicaps. I spen and entire hole in the bukners and got lucky to chip close. Couldnt make a putt outside 6 ft becasue those greens were unbelieveable.

Awards and Achievements

It plays short and pretty darn easy as long as you don't try to bully the layout... but if you play it like it was designed from anything but the back tees it's not hard if you're hitting it OK. I was disappointed.

Tiger, is that you?

Man I wanna play there now!!!

KP, set it up man!

Jim

Man I wanna play there now!!!

Sure, you could play at 1 pm for $175

Awards and Achievements