IGNORED

Cleveland Golf

aca247
Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had my Cleveland 588 RTG 56-14* wedge regripped. I have been able to pull off many shots with this club that are probably above my skill level. I can even spin the ball back with this club. I also have some good experiences with Cleveland Drivers. They are a fine company.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

4-6 Hybrids: Titleist TSR1 20*, 23*, 26*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F*

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

Have a HiBore XLS and love it.

I just bought a used one off EBAY. I hope I love it too. I demoed one a few weeks ago and liked the look and feel.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

LOVE cleveland wedges
testes the CG12, Vokey SM, Nike VR, and Callaway X's
Cleveland felt, flew, and spun the best

Driver:Taylormade Burner 10.5 with Aldila NV 65S
FW Wood: Nike Dymo 3 Wood with Aldila VooDoo
Hybrids: Adams Idea A7 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i15 4-P
Wedge: Cleveland CG15 52.10 and Titleist Vokey 58.12Putter: Bettinardi BC3Ball: Callaway Tour i(z) and Titleist Pro V1x

Updated my sig to show my appreciation.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

• 3 weeks later...
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher Comp 15*
Irons: Cleveland CG4 Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CG10 56* and 60*
I had a Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour driver but switched to Taylormade Tour Burner Driver.

I have no problem with my Cleveland golf equipment.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

CG12 Gap wedge at 51.10
Let me put it simplly....IT IS THE BEST CLUB I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Period.

Driver:Taylormade Burner 10.5 with Aldila NV 65S
FW Wood: Nike Dymo 3 Wood with Aldila VooDoo
Hybrids: Adams Idea A7 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i15 4-P
Wedge: Cleveland CG15 52.10 and Titleist Vokey 58.12Putter: Bettinardi BC3Ball: Callaway Tour i(z) and Titleist Pro V1x

When I got fitted for a driver last year, the Callaway Hyper-X Tour and the Cleveland HiBore XLS Red finished tied for first on the launch monitor reports. (10.5* loft and regular shafts on both).

I ended up getting the Callaway because it "felt better" than the HiBore.

A couple of weeks ago, I swapped out a stock X20 AW (50.11) for the Cleveland CG14 in my sig - much tighter shot pattern with CG14. Would also consider CG14 if I add a LW.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have used Cleveland wedges for about 10 years and I love them... switched to others twice, but not for very long.

have had...
588's
CG10's
CG12's
CG12 DSG's

Also had a set of TA5's and used them about 8-9 seasons. They were hard to part with and now my brother-in-law uses them. Absolutely fantastic irons. The brother-in-law has an older Cleveland Launcher and he loves it is well.

Almost bought the CG red tours, but went with the Adams Idea Pros in my sig mostly because they looked nicer and were forged... it was a tough decision though.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

My driver is a Cleveland Launcher. And it does just that. Im looking into getting a Cleveland Classic #2 putter also.

Won this same putter on eBay....not sure if I'll keep it or flip it.

Cleveland seems to offer a lot of value for the money.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Slowing replacing some of my Callaway clubs with Cleveland. I have the 37 degree Niblick which is great for bump and runs and around the green. Just purchased 56 degree C14 Pearl Black Wedge which I haven't gotten to hit yet because of 2 feet of snow. Looking at putting in a Cleveland Launcher 4 or 5 wood to fill out my bag.

I am wondering if you had any experiences with cleveland golf clubs , if so what type of club was it and did you like it

I just purchased the CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons ( 4- PW) and I love them. I was playing the CG2 (3-PW) and they where on their last leg that is why I purchased the Black Pearls. I also have the 52,56 and 60 cleveland wedges. They get my vote.

Driver: Titliest 905s 10.5º (ALDILA NV S-flex, 65grams)
3-Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15º (Fuji Rombax 7V05 S-Flex, 70grams)
Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl, 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60º| Cleveland CG12 56º | Cleveland CG15 52º
Putter: Talyor MadeBall: Nike One Black

In my bag are:

25* Halo
22* HiBore Both of these hybrids are money for me.

CG11 58* bent to 56* 3 dot wedge. Excellent wedge, I use it from 100 yards in for almost every shot. currently looking for another one.

Added after the season.....CG7 irons and 19* HiBore XLS

TA7 irons 4-PW
588 51* gap wedge
900 RTG 60* lob wedge

Love them all, great value in the irons and best overall performance for any money in the wedges.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

I used to have all cleveland. I had the TA4 irons, the old launcher 460 which I still carry, and I had a CG gap wedge. They are all well made. I still carry my old driver. I hit it well and I like the sound. The wedge was ok, I prefer my vokeys. I just didn't like it for some reason. The irons were great, I just wanted less offset.

Brian

Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!