IGNORED

how do you mail golf clubs?

jerry g
Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What I do is buy clubs online, usually from a forum swap shop, and then keep the box to ship out clubs (hopefully not the same clubs )

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

the post office has triangular 38" long boxes that are long enough for irons and wedges and putters that you can get from them for FREE. if you need to mail a driver, fairway wood, or hybrid you will need to go to a golf store to get a box. i always use the FREE boxes from the post office and then send them via Priority Mail which costs less than $10 to anywhere in the US

the post office has triangular 38" long boxes that are long enough for irons and wedges and putters that you can get from them for FREE. if you need to mail a driver, fairway wood, or hybrid you will need to go to a golf store to get a box. i always use the FREE boxes from the post office and then send them via Priority Mail which costs less than $10 to anywhere in the US

Yes...which is why I get upset when I see people charging $15 and more to ship a club on EBAY.

..and I don't by the argument that I have to pay for his time to box and ship the thing. (sorry...it's a very huge pet peeve of mine)

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I usually save the boxes from the clubs I order online then I will always have some on hand.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I keep the boxes that I received clubs with to ship clubs out with. One time I didn't have any and went to a local golf shop and asked for a box and they had a huge pile of them in the back. Just buy some tees or some balls or something and I am sure they will have no problem giving one to you.

I personally try not to ship stuff USPS priority because I feel they are not as reliable as FedEx or UPS. I personally use FedEx and I think the tracking system is much better and much more reliable. So sometimes the cost can go over $10 depending where it is going (i.e. a rural address across the country). So those sellers on eBay might be covering for that in case their margin on the club is really small. As an online vendor myself of car parts, I can understand why someone may charge $15 to ship a club. Absolutely no more than that for a single club though. Even $18-20 is a bit steep for an neatly packed set of irons...

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Yes...which is why I get upset when I see people charging $15 and more to ship a club on EBAY.

i feel EXACTLY the same way. I charge a flat fee of $9.95 when i ship a club. i get pissed when i see someone charging $15 to send it priority mail. and its even CHEAPER than $10 if they send it UPS. i think FedEx is a little more expensive though. but ive never used them. ive never had a single problem with USPS in 8 years of shipping clubs. ive had half a dozen or so mishaps with UPS though

i feel EXACTLY the same way. I charge a flat fee of $9.95 when i ship a club. i get pissed when i see someone charging $15 to send it priority mail. and its even CHEAPER than $10 if they send it UPS. i think FedEx is a little more expensive though. but ive never used them. ive never had a single problem with USPS in 8 years of shipping clubs. ive had half a dozen or so mishaps with UPS though

Actually, UPS is generally more expensive than FedEx. Also retail shipping rates for UPS and FedEx ground are generally more expensive than USPS Priority, depending on zip code. Shipping from SoCal to SoCal would cost $5-7 with my FedEx account, depending on whether it is shipping to a residential or commercial address. Shipping to Delaware would cost about $13-14.

But yea, a seller charging $15 for USPS Priority is a ripoff.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

So just bid $5 less as your max. I get the idea, but it is a up to you to bid or not. i charge $12.99 as I live 40miles from the nearest post office so it does cost me more than $10 to ship

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

So just bid $5 less as your max. I get the idea, but it is a up to you to bid or not. i charge $12.99 as I live 40miles from the nearest post office so it does cost me more than $10 to ship

Exactly. I believe most people selling golf clubs on forums or eBay aren't doing it for a living, just to get a little cash for some new club purchase most likely. It's not like most of them have a shipping department with people packing boxes and labeling them lol. Boxes, paper for labels and packing materials and tape all cost money, plus the fuel to drive to the post office. Even if your time is worthless, and mine sure isn't, I don't feel that $5 for packing and shipping a club is anything other than the actual cost.

If the OP doesn't have boxes, I'm sure a local retailer would part with a few if he made a small purchase. It's also a sign that he might want to consider stimulating the economy a wee bit by buying some clubs

So just bid $5 less as your max. I get the idea, but it is a up to you to bid or not.

exactly. and i choose NOT to bid when sellers gouge shipping prices

i charge $12.99 as I live 40miles from the nearest post office so it does cost me more than $10 to ship

you do know that the carriers will come and pick up your packages dont you? you dont have to drive 40 miles to drop them off at the post office....

i have over 2,900 transactions completed on ebay and i have learned that gouging shipping rates turns buyers off, and i am one of them. cheaper shipping = more bids . im not sayiong YOU are gouging shipping prices because i am more than willing to pay $12.99 for shipping for something i want. its just when i see people charging, $15, $16, $20 for shipping that i get peeved. and if you really live 40 miles away from your nearest post office, you should really consider just having your carrier pick them up. it can be scheduled over the telephone or online very easily

Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!