IGNORED

Favorite Christmas Movies

live4u120
Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Title says it all, post your favorite Christmas movies, I'm going to have a Christmas movie marathon.

Mine are:
Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase, that movie brings tears of laughter to my eyes.

Gotta go with "A Christmas Story". As many times as I've seen Flick get his tongue stuck to that flagpole it's still hilarious.

"The Muppets Christmas Carol" always gets my rapt attention when it's on also.

:)

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Gotta go with "A Christmas Story". As many times as I've seen Flick get his tongue stuck to that flagpole it's still hilarious.

That is THE BEST Christmas movie of all time!! If you want something lovey dovey, then "Its a Wonderful Life" it is!!

A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Christmas Vacation
Elf

My children's favorite
Polar Express

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Christmas Vacation is my hands down favorite. I also like Scrooged with Bill Murray . That is probably my favorite of the Christmas Carol remakes.

Having kids, we end up watching their stuff as well. Elf and The Polar Express are two of the more tolerable movies.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I've always thought of Trading Places as my favorite Christmas movie.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I'm kinda old fashioned in my Christmas movie tastes, but I watch them every year.

1) White Christmas
2) It's a Wonderful Life
3) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
4) Scrooged (with Bill Murray)

and I'll usually throw another one in over the holidays... for some reason this year I want to watch Home Alone.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Home Alone.

Classic Christmas flick and soundtrack.

Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and the Christmas cartoons (Charlie Brown, Grinch) all round out the top 5.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life and Elf.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Some of my favourite movies that are either 100% Christmas or have important Christmas scenes.

1.) Diehard

2.) Toy Story (a stretch)

3.) Christmas Vacation

4.) The Muppet Christmas Carol

5.) The Nightmare Before Christmas

6.) Trading Places

7.) Love Actually

8.) Noel

9.) The Santa Clause

10.) The Chronicles of Narnia: the lion etc.

11.) Enemy of the State (nuber 1 w/ me)

12.) Funny Farm (very underrated)

13.) Harry Potter

14.) Moonstruck

15.) Mean Girls

16.) Lethal Weapon

17.) Kramer v. Kramer (I can't lie - this one still makes me cry)

18.) GREMLINS!!!!

19.) While You were Sleeping

20.) Elf

21.) The Christmas Story

Honourable mention - Hannah and Her Sisters (New Years eve perhaps? and Planes Trains and Automobiles - Thanksgiving)

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 weeks later...
Elf
Home Alone 1 and 2
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer (the puppet type movie) narrated by Berl Ives (sp??)
The puppet type movie with the Cold Miser and Heat Miser brothers
Elf..of course

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• 3 years later...
Originally Posted by live4u120

Title says it all, post your favorite Christmas movies, I'm going to have a Christmas movie marathon.

A Christmas Carol (1938), starring Reginald Owen as Scrooge and Gene Lockhart and Kathleen Lockhart as the Cratchits.

An American Christmas Carol (1979), an adaptation starring Henry Winkler set in Depression era New England, and the Scrooge character is named Benedict Slade.

Miracle on 34th Street, a 1947 Christmas film written and directed by George Seaton and based on a story by Valentine Davies. It stars Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Natalie Wood and Edmund Gwenn.

and, the Santa Clause trilogy, starring Tim Allen as Scott Calvin, an ordinary man who accidentally causes Santa Claus to fall to his death from his roof on Christmas Eve.

The Santa Clause

The Santa Clause 2: The Mrs. Clause

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!