IGNORED

How's my swing

zenchili
Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a good range session. A bunch of things have really clicked lately. Would like some feedback on my swing.

I know I need to get on plane a little bit quicker, but any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Here's the link .

Driver: Adams 9105d Tech A4 Harrison Saga 70 Stiff
Driver: Adams 9032ls VooDoo XNV6
Nike 17* 4W Sq - VooDoo svs7
Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
4-PW: Mizuno MP-52, Project X53*: Cleveland Golf 58856*: Callaway X-Forged MD60*: Callaway X-Forged MD

Hi Zen, looks good to me. And if it's working at the range keep at it. Did notice your eyes tracking the club during the takeaway. Don't know if that's just a practice swing thing or what. And maybe it doesn't affect your ballstriking, but just thought I'd ask.

Also what have you worked on since the swing videos from a couple months ago? Looks like your backswing is now flatter, and downswing is shallowed out alot as well. Just curious what changes you've made to help get better.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Hi Zen, looks good to me. And if it's working at the range keep at it. Did notice your eyes tracking the club during the takeaway. Don't know if that's just a practice swing thing or what. And maybe it doesn't affect your ballstriking, but just thought I'd ask.

Yeah, the eyes tracking the club is something I did a long time ago because it helped to keep me on plane. I still do it on the practice swings but not on actual swings with a ball. There's a lot I've been working on. Flattening the swing, staying on plane, keeping the spine angle (or even increasing the tilt away from the ball on the downwsing). It's in the ebook I wrote. But it's not so much about working on each thing separately, it's more about understanding what creates distance, power, and accuracy effortlessly. Once I started to understand that everything else became easier to implement, and the swing actually became simpler and more efficient.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
4-PW: Mizuno MP-52, Project X53*: Cleveland Golf 58856*: Callaway X-Forged MD60*: Callaway X-Forged MD

Yeah, the eyes tracking the club is something I did a long time ago because it helped to keep me on plane. I still do it on the practice swings but not on actual swings with a ball.

heh, i noticed the same thing. swing looks good to me. very smooth

heh, i noticed the same thing. swing looks good to me. very smooth

Thanks. It's been an interesting journey the last few months.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

You make a really strong, powerful first move on the downswing with your hips but you seen to come over the top a little"

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You make a really strong, powerful first move on the downswing with your hips but you seen to come over the top a little"

There is a slight over the top but it has been greatly reduced. I plan on reducing it further. I've got time until my season starts in April so I'm putting the winter to good use.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

classical looking,,,hoganisque...

That is a huge compliment. You just made my day.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

classical looking,,,hoganisque...

Yeah, my first thought was actually Chad Campbell, who is hogan-esque.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Yeah, my first thought was actually Chad Campbell, who is hogan-esque.

I'm definitely flattered. I have a lot of work to do. I sent clips of the swing to a local pro who believes we can get it a lot better. There are still some places where I could be more efficient. But I really appreciate the feedback.

I really like Chad Campbell's swing, but I was not attempting to copy or mimic either him or Hogan. I was just trying to find the most efficient way to hit a golf ball far and accurately and this is what has come out of that work.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

how are you an 8hc with that swing? very nice swing, very nice

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

how are you an 8hc with that swing? very nice swing, very nice

Thanks Matt. It comes down to course management and consistency for me. My game has actually improved since the season ended but I obviously can't post any scores until April, so my official handicap is an 8, but I'm not sure what my real handicap would be right now. Besides scoring is not all about ball striking. Putting and short game are huge elements as well.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

Dont want to burst your bubble but everyones practice swing looks like a pro. Its the swing you take when you step to a ball or when your at the tee on the course. I watch people everyday take 3 practice swings that look great and the one they take at the ball looks totally different. And also cant judge a swing without seeing a ball flight. You may be an amazing golfer but a practice swing means squat.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

What is your typical ball flight? It looks like you flip your wrists fairly hard and might battle with a hook.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Dont want to burst your bubble but everyones practice swing looks like a pro. Its the swing you take when you step to a ball or when your at the tee on the course. I watch people everyday take 3 practice swings that look great and the one they take at the ball looks totally different. And also cant judge a swing without seeing a ball flight. You may be an amazing golfer but a practice swing means squat.

I totally agree. I wish I had brought my camera to the range earlier. I decided to record my swing because I was hitting it so well at the range I wanted to see what I was doing. I recorded these swings as soon as I got home from the range.

My ball flight was a high draw (about 5 yd draw), that carried forever (no ballooning though). If I'm not letting my body complete the release then I fight a block, otherwise I hit them with a draw or dead straight. I was astonished at the distance and accuracy I was getting in that range session with crappy range balls in 39 degree weather. My contact was dead solid and I was hitting my 8 iron about 180. I'm used to hitting my around about 155 so this was something special. I hadn't been to the range in about a month, although I had some good rounds before this. But things clicked with the swing and I was feeling like things were changing, so that's why I went to the range. I'm planning on recording some ball flight on Monday.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

What is your typical ball flight? It looks like you flip your wrists fairly hard and might battle with a hook.

Draw is the typical ball flight. I don't believe that I flip. I do try to release fully, in fact I have to when I build that much lag. If I flipped I would lose distance and accuracy. I've got plenty of both right now. In fact I've started to hit the ball so far that it's throwing my course management and club selection off, for fear of flying greens.

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

Yea its cold here to. Im in P.A. We been having this cold rain and i havent been out in 3 weeks I got to get to the range this weekend to get some practice in. Im hoping we get a nice weekend soon so i can get on the course. The cold i can deal with, i just hate golfing in cold rain.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!