IGNORED

Tour Striker Training Aid

bpolunin
Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im thinking about getting the 56* wedge club. I was wondering if the regular "tour striker" club would help with my regular irons or just screw me up altogether. I don't take much a divot if any at all. I don't know if this means I don't hit right or what, but usually I don't have a problem hitting with my irons. They go... I wish longer, but they go...
$100 is a lot though. There are other things I would rather spend money on, like a new 3 wood...
I gotta think about it...

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I just got it in the mail today. Would go to the range right now to try it but tweaked the shoulder over the weekend. The club itself looks and feels like a high quality club although i'm wondering to myself how the heck i'm gonna hit this thing. Read a lot about it at the golfwrx site and pretty much nothing but positive news. The concept seems sound as well and should make the range sessions more productive.
In the bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 9.5
3-W: Rapture V2 16
Hybrid: 2009 Rescue 19
Irons: S9 (4 iron), i15 (5-PW)Wedge: S9 55*, CG14 60*Putter: ItsyBitsyBalls: ProV1x

I would be very interested in getting you feed back on this training device. I will have to check out the post on golfwrx, unless someone can post a link? Thanks.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

I would be very interested in getting you feed back on this training device. I will have to check out the post on golfwrx, unless someone can post a link? Thanks.

Tried it and like it so far. It's not that hard to get the ball up but you need to put a good swing on it. Will be in my bag for each practice session and to groove a good swing before each round.

Much better than other swing devices i've tried (ledbetter thing with blue balls sucked and medicus was garbage too).
In the bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 9.5
3-W: Rapture V2 16
Hybrid: 2009 Rescue 19
Irons: S9 (4 iron), i15 (5-PW)Wedge: S9 55*, CG14 60*Putter: ItsyBitsyBalls: ProV1x

I bought the Tour Striker Pro based on the long thread at golfwrx. The designer/inventor gave some good advice in that thread, one tidbit being to go with the Pro rather than the standard version. The Pro is harder to hit but the standard can be too easy to master without a big improvement in swing. On the other hand if you struggle with the Pro at first you can start out by teeing the ball slightly or fluffing the lie.

I've only used it in one range session so far, and if you don't have shaft lean you will definitely hit it thin with this club. But I have been working on a better swing with more lag for a couple months and was able to hit some good shots with the TS as well.
Driver: G15 12*    /     FW: Exotics CB1 4-wood,   a4OS 5-wood
Hybrids Hi-bore 3,4-hybrids  /   Irons: G10 5-UW TFC 129i
Wedge Vokey SM 56*   /   Putter: Karsten Anser 

• 2 months later...
never tried this product but i would be interested. On the other hand, one swing aid that i thought was very cool and could definitely help people looking to improve their ball striking is the one that is a grip and has a shaft that is retracted into the grip with a ball on the end of it. I forgot the name.
On the downswing the shaft extends and makes a clicking noise when fully extended. Ideally it is supposed to click at the bottom of the swing where the ball would be. hearing it click any time before or after that speaks to releasing early or late. anyone know what i am talking about? I'm sure it is still around.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

• 3 weeks later...
Just watched a Golf Channel informercial with chucklehead Gary McCord for the Tour Striker:

http://www.tourstriker.com/

I've seen this mentioned in a forum, but no detailed review or feedback on TST (did I Search with few results). As a training aid (not meant to replace professional instruction and practice), what is the general feedback on it from those of you who have used it?

Any good? Junk / Gimmick? Is it durable, and overall worth the purchase?

I wish the PRO was availiable for lefties. I don't want to spend the money on something that, based on the scuttlebutt, I'm not going to get much out of. The idea seems great, though.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I've recently ordered mine after hitting my instructors a few weeks ago. I felt like I could stil flip and get the ball in the air, but a low ball flight and not the normal trajectory I'd expect. I'm looking forward for mine to come and put it in my bag to start every practice session.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

I'd be interested in your feedback after using it 3-4 times to see if it has helped you achieve better lag and impact position. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
I recently purchased the pro version, and, well, I am unsure. I hit it fine. I thought the feedback the club was suppose to give is a "wormburner" if it was hit on the rounded sole and not on the tiny clubface. So I put blue painters tape on the face to see where the dimple marks were appearing. None! I was hitting this TS Pro 7 iron like 140 yds with decent height without hitting the sweet spot. I am going to watch the dvd that came with it to see if I am missing something (you'd think the concept is simple enough without intruction), but either I am able to get away with a swing that doesn't have the forward lean or I am indeed hitting correctly and the tape didn't do it's job. I even intentionally "flipped" and hit it decent. This may be going on eBay.
  • Upvote 1

Home Course Fairfield Greens
In my Bag Boy Revolver bag...
Driver: Tour Burner 43" REAX 60 gram shaft 13 degree
Fairway: X Tour 3 metal 15 degree
Hybrid: 5H 26 degreeIrons: X-22 5 thru PWWedges: Jaws 60, 52Putter: Tour White Hot #2 Center Shaft 33 inchesBall: ProV1

On the other hand, one swing aid that i thought was very cool and could definitely help people looking to improve their ball striking is the one that is a grip and has a shaft that is retracted into the grip with a ball on the end of it. I forgot the name.

This is what you're thinking of:

http://davidleadbetter.com/2007/08/t...ining-aid.html

• 3 months later...

I have the Tour Striker Pro 5 iron. I find it to be a worthwhile training aid. I use it mostly to work on segmented hitting drills and flying wedge drills. If I may offer a piece of advice, get it re-shafted to match the shafts you have in your iron set.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I bought the Tour Striker Pro and returned it after 2 weeks.  I think the concept is good, but could hit a good shot with it almost at will.  My kids could also hit it with ease.  The 3 of us certainly do not have the downward contact that you supposedly develop with the club, yet had no problem using it.

For me and my family, it was a waste of money.

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

Another guy and I both hit a tourstriker 7 iron (stiff shaft) today at the range.  He is a better iron player than I am.  There was nothing special about hitting it, we both had no problem hitting normal shots except they might have been just a touch lower trajectory than normal.  I think that has something to do with the relative placement of weight in the club head, but it could have been a subconscience effect of making sure the hands were well ahead at impact.  Our verdict was most people that hit reasonably good iron shots already will find it easy to hit and the ball flight will be pretty close to normal.  Interesting concept.

RC

I bought one and tried it out for the first time this evening after work.  I would tell you, you do have to keep the shaft in correct position.  It does not allow you to cheat.   A friend of mine(Tyler Clark) who is a teaching pro, was coming off the course so I had him hit it.  He of course is a PGA Pro and  he said it would be a huge benefit.  I struggled with it, and  when I was doing the right things the ball jumped off the club face.

I went and got my 7 iron (MP-58) out of the vehicle, I was amazed after a half hour of using the Tour Striker how much cleaner I was hitting my MP.

For the time I can see myself using it during practice on the range.  It was humbling, as is the game of golf.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked one of these up yesterday and hit 150 balls with it yesterday and this morning. It has completely changed that way I hit a ball. My issue was coming in shallow and stuck and would hit behind the ball quite a bit. After using this and getting the feel of it, I went out and played a few holes. Night and day. Absolutely pure. Love it!

Glock 17

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!