IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To enjoy being on the course each and every time I get out there. I have no real goals other than fixing my short putting. Being a single digit hdcp. again would be kinda fun...... prob more for my ego. :)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly new to golf so my current goal is to break 100 and this is including all the lost balls and duff shots that I currently have on a round which occasionally get overlooked at the moment :)

My goal this year is too play in the Kent County Am played at L.E. Kauffman in Grand Rapids, MI.
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Keep score! I kept score today and played well.

This is my third season playing. I didnt keep score the past 2. I knew if i played well and i knew if i didnt.
Keep score and get handicapped. Next year i hope to join a league and shoot......... lets say under 10 over par consistently . Today i hit 9 over par.

I have three goals for this golf season:

1) Get to a single digit handicap
2) Finish in the top 4 of my flight in the Amateur Tour
3) enjoy being on the course

Golf Goals for 2010:

1. Graduate from the Golf Academy as Valedictorian.
2. Get handicap below an 8.
3. Pass the PAT.

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

To find a good instructor and take a few lessons.
Eliminate the slice from my drives
Be more aggressive on approach shots and target the pin
Consistantly shoot in the eighties

1. Break 100 - CHECK
2. Break 95 - CHECK
3. Consistent ball striking, pre-shot routine...stop trying to smash the ball
4. Short game - chipping, pitching, putting...35putts or less
5. Get 1st birdie...missed 5 birdie opportunities on Saturday 5-15-2010...4'ft I missed :(
5. Back to back low 90s
6. Break 90 by Summer 2010...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

I have one major goal that every golfer aspires to achieve - BREAK 80!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Well, I finally beat my dad which was one of my goals. Only, he cheated during the game (improved his lie a couple times). So did I really beat him? Or did I REALLY beat him? I suppose I wanted it to be a completely legit win.
Driver - R9 460 9.5*
Woods - Diablo Edge 3 and 5
Irons - Diablo Edge 5-AW
Wedge - Spin Milled 56.14, 60.04
Putter - White Hot XG 330Ball - E52010 GoalsBreak 100, Break 90, Beat My Dad

Update for May 20th:

1. Break 90 at least 10 times Only one down, but shooting consistently in the low 90´s...not too far from breaking 90!

2. Don´t shoot over 100 more than 5 times Not this year...been in the low 100´s about 10 times
3. Master my new Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Will take some time but I´m getting better with it...shooting an average of 1.8 putts per hole right now
4. Improve my iron accuracy/contact Shortened my swing and improved a lot. Won a 6 burner iron from Taylormade and realized that I coukd hit way better with those irons over mine...planning to buy the whole burner iron set (early september)
5. Be at least 4 times in the top three on local tournaments Two down! Won first net score on a 3-day tournament (94-95-104 (rainy day)) and first gross score on a 1-day tournament (93)
6. Play at least 3 rounds triple-bogey-or-worst free (never done one!) Only one down, but making a lot less mistakes
7. Stop throwing/smashing my clubs! [/QUOTE] Got a lot better on this, probably because my game is improving!

In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5º Regular
Irons: 4-SW Taylor Made Burner, Regular Graphite
Wedges: 60°-08 Titleist Vokey

Fairway Wood: 16º 3W Taylor Made R9 Stiff

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 19° Regular

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

1. Establish my SAGA handicap.

2. Get it under 10 by year end.

3. Wangle a round on The Links at Fancourt.

http://www.fancourt.co.za/play.htm?sm[p1][category]=442

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

- Get all my clubs custom fit for shaft flex,length and lie as well as anything else a pro recommends. Should get this done within the next month.
- Achieve and maintain handicap below 7.0
- Average putts below 1.8
- 6/18 GIR
- 10/14 FIR
- Double or worse per 18 holes: Less than 1.0
- UP and Down saves: 50%

- Try to play 2 rounds per week as consistently as I can
- A minute per ball at the driving range. Take time to clear head and get completely re focused before whacking another one.
- 300 balls a week. 5% driver, 15% woods (3,5), 15% long irons, 30% mid irons, 35% short irons and 52*
- Putt 5-6 hours a week.
- Chip and pitch 3-4 hours a week.

- Get accepted into PGCC in Temecula, CA and begin my college life there in Jan 2011.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

1. Learn how to putt. Develop a technique and stroke on the greens for some consistency, rather than my putt and pray strategy.
2. Work on better ball striking with my irons. I tend to hit long irons thin and shorter irons fat.
3. Gain some distance off the tee. if i really get a hold of one, im usually out about 260, 265...would like to see myself at 275, 280.
4. Be able to score in the high 70's on a regular basis.
5. Golf as much as i physically can this summer!!!!

Obtain an "official" handicap
Work on driver consistancy.
Work on putting.
Find a golf buddy similar in age and experience to have a playmate.
I Enjoy myself.

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!