IGNORED

Hank Haney at Golfsmith

Duffy
Note: This thread is 5235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to see Hank Haney at the new Golfsmith in Irvine yesterday, hoping of course to be the winner of the private lesson with him and didn't. What I'd like to say about the experience is that not only was he brilliant in the seminars he gave us (a world of knowledge given out freely) but in my brief opportunity to speak to him at his autograph session I was pleased to see a genuinely pleasent and friendly fellow. It's not often you have the opportunity to meet these guys but it's even less frequent that you meet one that you'd feel comfortable having a beer with. Very nice and humble guy.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I suppose he has a lot of free time now lol

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

i had read in chicken soup for the golfing soul that he was not nice at all
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Didn't know he was there! I was shopping at South Coast with my wife and I thought about stopping into Golfsmith to look around and decided against it. Mistake!

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

I had heard that Chicken soup thing as well. Of course I was only able to speak to him briefly but he did seem to be a genuinely sweet soul. What can I say?

Danny,
You should have stopped by. Glad to see I have a neighbor on here.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Even golf coaches give autographs now?

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I had the exact same feeling honestly. Seemed like a cool cat. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "hey honey... that's probably the richest person we'll ever meet in our lifetime. Enjoy!"

other than a chance encounter at a golf tourny with Tiger it's probably true.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I have no reason to believe he is anything but a nice guy, but who wouldn't be nice and pleasant when invited to a golf seminar to give autographs and speak to the public?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was there as well he was so nice. I took video of it and posted on my site. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and was very pleasant to speak with. You can find the first video I posted today about it at [url]www.thegolfstudent.com

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 10.5 Reg shaft
FW: Taylor Made 3 Wood
Hybrid: Taylor Made 3
Irons: Ping G10
Putter: Odyssey TourSite: http://thegolfstudent.com

That's awesome. He'd probably be the guy I'd get a lesson from, if I had $500. Butch Harmon would be a very close 2nd.

Or Dave Stockton.Phil won the Tour championship

10 days after getting his first lessons from Stockton.That's what you call coaching.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Or Dave Stockton.Phil won the Tour championship

I think Stockton's strictly a putting coach. And honestly I read and re-read his article in the new Golf Magazine, and endlessly tried his way of putting, but I don't like it. So definitely not Stockton.

I think Stockton's strictly a putting coach. And honestly I read and re-read his article in the new Golf Magazine, and endlessly tried his way of putting, but I don't like it. So definitely not Stockton.

He's a general short game coach.But that's where the scoring happens.You know what they say about Driving being for show.. But yeah, the putting style is kind of awkward.You'd have to invest a lot of time in it before you'd be comfortable with it.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

He's a general short game coach.But that's where the scoring happens.You know what they say about Driving being for show.. But yeah, the putting style is kind of awkward.You'd have to invest a lot of time in it before you'd be comfortable with it.

The short game is my best part of my game. That's why I would want an actual swing coach. Like Haney & Harmon.

I posted a couple of new videos on my site. All of them were taken at the Golfsmith event. I have about 6 more to put up. He is so concise about what he wants to inform you of and makes it sound so easy. I thought he was especially nice to take the questions and to answer them in such a pleasant manner. After the seminars he gave autographs and made sure to say hello to everyone who attended. Such a cool guy!

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 10.5 Reg shaft
FW: Taylor Made 3 Wood
Hybrid: Taylor Made 3
Irons: Ping G10
Putter: Odyssey TourSite: http://thegolfstudent.com

Note: This thread is 5235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!