IGNORED

first Scotty Cameron

shakogolfer78
Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seriously? An SC putter allows you to get serious feel when you putt. Have you noticed different lengths have different weights? That's for both balance and feel.

And you think others don't do that to maintain a consistent swing weight from one shaft length to another....? Don't misunderstand. I like mine, a lot. But they ain't magic.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer

Seriously? An SC putter allows you to get serious feel when you putt. Have you noticed different lengths have different weights? That's for both balance and feel.

So they have the same swing weight. Big whoopty doo. My 33" putter has 375g in the head and 60g in the grip. That's the best weight for me.

There's nothing magical about Scotty Camerons. At the end of the day, they're just another of many mass produced putters. They're at the upper end of the mass produced putters, but so are the putters from every major manufacturer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Someone in my league was playing a SC last night... He was a lower HC player but it didn't seem like it was from the putter. I was doing as well with my cheap hand me down putter as he was. I'm sure there are advantages to having a higher dollar putter, but if you are comfortable and confident with any putter you'll do well with it. That being said, I will buy a better putter at some point when my play justifies having one.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This is true, but has nothing to do with this thread topic.

Interesting you chose my comment to point that out. Don't see how what I said in the entire comment is anymore off topic than others have been, but that's fine.

On topic:

I'd love to have a SC but probably wouldn't pay over $100 for a putter unless I made ridiculous amounts of money.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by iacas

There's nothing magical about Scotty Camerons. At the end of the day, they're just another of many mass produced putters. They're at the upper end of the mass produced putters, but so are the putters from every major manufacturer.

There's nothing magical about any putter, for that matter. At the end of the day, whatever gets the ball into the hole in the fewest number of putts is the best putter for a particular golfer.

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I'm sure there are advantages to having a higher dollar putter, but if you are comfortable and confident with any putter you'll do well with it.

It's a bit of a luxury item. The difference between high dollar and cheap is much smaller in a putter than in, say, a driver. I love my Scotty, but if I had to buy a new one, would I buy another SC? Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever I purchased, I would make sure it's fitted to my stroke.

Tyler Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Thanks Fox News.

I see what you did there.... clever. Very clever. Now go eat a corn dog.

Hahaha. And he's original. This one's a keeper.

Tyler Martin

I used Ping Anser  putters for the first few years that I started playing golf because they are so popular. I switched to mallet style putters and it helped my putting quiet a bit. I was at Golfsmith in Birmingham a few years ago and wound up buying my SC KOMBI 35". The red lines behind the ball really help me and I love the looks and feel.

The only negative thing about this putter is the glare from the sun I get during mid-day rounds.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

im just getting back into golf and went down to a few stores testing putters lately being i will be getting a new putter for my 40th. i havee to admit that in all honesty the scotty is a at a different level and if you cant feel it ..it probably wouldnt help you. i noticed it and it had nothing to do with marketing as i never heard of the putter before. i have been hinting to my family about this putter so ill post my story soon :) i believe everyone should have one of these even if not to be in the bag at every outing.

Originally Posted by atomb

i havee to admit that in all honesty the scotty is a at a different level and if you cant feel it ..it probably wouldnt help you. i noticed it and it had nothing to do with marketing as i never heard of the putter before.

You're having yourself on.

If they were any better than others, everyone of means and every tour pro would use one. They don't.

Ask yourself how much you'd be prepared to bet on a double blind test, if it were possible.

SC putters are very good, just like all other brands.

To say there is a difference in "feel" is nonsense, and to accuse others of not having feel is Emperor's new clothes stuff.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I have had two Scotty's now one Newport and the most recent a golo5. As much as I wanted to love the golo5 it was not for me. The fact you can not leave a Scotty in your bag when you are in the club house is one thing. But It felt hard and always had an issue with distance control and miss hits were not forgiving. Cameron from what I understand feels that every person should have a slight arc I don't, I have a very straight back forward swing and need a face balance putter not a slight face balance. So long story short the Scotty went back after a few months and I went to a Ping Greyhawk straight. If that does not work I will be getting fit with an Edel Putter.

To say that a Scotty is the end of all ends in putters would be wrong IMO. Look at Brandt Snedeker or Inbee Park, they are great putters and bag Odyssey putters. I believe they could bag what ever putter they wanted and do not bag a Scotty. A putter is a like a woman either they fit or they dint. But to say they are the best putter, they are for a person they fit just like to say my Ping irons are they best,for some they are. SC putters are a work of art, but that does not make putts. My old Metal X Dart was IMO ugly but it made putts, I would still bag it if I had not had a hair up my ass and fell for how pretty the golo was.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!