IGNORED

Anyone like matching set of knit headcovers. I know where to buy them. Pics included.

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got this set of handmade knit headcovers. I love the lines, one on driver, three on 3W, etc... This set is black with gray lines to match my bag but many color options are available. Custom orders are an option for anyone wanting certain colors. I just happened to find the colors I wanted by chance. Also, the smaller hybrid covers are the same, 3 lines on the 3h and 4 lines on the 4h. Should look really nice with the black Callaway ORG Tour 14 bag I ordered from Discount Golf World. The lady that makes them is awesome. She sells them on Ebay in very small numbers. Her Ebay name/ID is caljmdl1979. Her real name is Ju Ju and she is in San Bernadino,Ca. No doubt just a small way to make some extra cash. I saw a 4 headcover set listed (didn't have the 5 wood cover). I sent her a question saying I wanted a matching 5W cover. She emails me back 5 hours later saying it is already made and included in the set and she can ship it out today before 2pm if I want to pay her now. She had already made a "buy it now" option for this 5 headcover set and emailed me a picture of the matched set. Holy sh$*. I have not seen customer service like that in a long, long, time. The whole set was $110. Found some other ones online in the $150-200 range so this is actually good price for handmade knit covers. Aside from price, the other websites, Scottishknitter and Jan Craig were saying 4+ weeks for delivery. And one of them wasn't taking any orders till April! This lady on Ebay is a shining exception to this. Just thought I would spread the word in case anyone wanted a nice set of knit headcovers. I love the traditional look of them and they are great for protecting the clubs. I must admit, I am a bit smitten with the lines on each headcover rather than numbers. Very traditional design.

It is nice to get headcovers to match your bag. Her is the one I bought...

A few of the current items she has for sale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Knit-Golf-C...item3ca8bc2436

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Knit-Golf-C...item3ca8c42000

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Knit-Golf-C...item3ca8a2a833

This would have been a good post to see before Xmas.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

they look great, but $110 seems pricey...wait (just looked something up)... I guess it's less than Rocket Tour headcovers which are pretty similar...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

True about the price, not cheap. But for a handmade knit headcover, yeah, lots of time there. And keep in mind the price was for 5 headcovers. I was at the other websites I mentioned and the price got upwards to $200 for a matching set of five, so $110 is actually quite cheap for something like this. A special niche product for sure, but I was so impressed I wanted to make others aware. Honestly, I had no idea it was common to spend anywhere near $200 for headcovers, let alone expect to wait months to get them made. Man was I surprised. This lady (Ju Ju) really hooked me up. I guess knit headcovers are not as common as I once thought. Makes me even more glad I have them:)

• 8 months later...
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can find some knit covers for my woods? The prices for the Rocket Tour and Jan Craig head covers seem outrageous, and I'd rather not deal with ebay. Thanks again.

-Tim

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

• 4 weeks later...
Just got a set for my wife from Ju ju. Amazing stuff and she is thrilled. Quality is top shelf. Fast delivery too. Just posting in case anyone is interested in high quality headcovers to match their bag. Ju ju rocks!

-Dan

Has anyone ever bought from here? They look like they are good quality..

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

I feel the knit headcovers are one area where paying for the quality is important as there is a big difference in what is offered. I've had Jan Craig's for about 15 years and am almost disappointed they last so well - it doen't give me an excuse to get new ones! I've never had one wear out, and the new ones I've bought have only been to accomodate new clubs like adding a hybrid to the bag or moving to a 460cc driver. Some of my friends have gone with much cheaper brands and found they wore out quickly, so their cheaper price ended up being a false economy.

Another maker considered high quality is Ju Ju. Her headcovers have a great reputation and are considered cheaper than Jan Craig. I don't believe she has a website, but her email address is jujumc@charter.net . If you do a Google search for her you'll find a lot of positive comments and photos on other golf forums - her customers seem very passionate about her work and highlight the quality, how good she is to work with, and the fast speed of delivery.

From my experience and researching different brands, the best are Jan Craig and Ju Ju; they really are a step or two above anyone else's offerings. Jan Craig's are very nice quality and it is very easy to order through their website. The disadvantage is you're limited to what the options they show. Ju Ju's aren't as easy to order in that you need to correspond with her and work out what you like, but the advantage is it is even more custom with a lot more choices, and she is really good to work with.

Travis Headcovers ( http://www.travisheadcovers.com/ ) is another choice and offers good prices. I don't feel they are as high quality as JC or JuJu, but they appear much better than many of the brands out there.

• 4 weeks later...
The fantastic knits stuff above is made out of acrylic yarn. Ju Ju only uses 100% high quality wool. Feel two headcovers side by side and you can appreciate the difference. Wool will last much longer and has a more heavy duty feel. With that said, I like the putter cover above. Ju ju will not make putter covers because she says they won't hold up over time and she refuses to make something that will wear out. Guess it has to do with the fabric bending and giving so much as the putter head is pulled out of the cover. So for putter covers, the above may be a good choice. But based on what Ju Ju told me, I will stick with traditional headcovers on my putters.

-Dan

She is cool as all get out man. I found her last year by luck. Searching for some headcovers I looked at JC and some others. Scottish Knitter, or similar name, is located in NC which appealed to me. JC and SK wanted like $200+ to make my 5 headcovers and 3 months or so to do the work. I found Ju Ju on Ebay selling a few of her head cover sets. I contacted her. The following day she emails me a picture and says, "Do you like these, thought I would touch bases before shipping". What the heck. Talk about customer service. One week from when I had the idea to get headcovers, they were on my clubs. Been using mine for a year and they still look brand new. Got my wife a set as well which she LOVES. They match her bag of course, women love stuff that matches more than we do it seems. Ju Ju emails me a few weeks later and ask how I like my headcovers. I was beside myself. Awesome product, super nice lady, avid golfer as well, just nothing but good things to say.

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I decided recently to get two more hybrid covers with tassles (mine had pom poms). I email Ju Ju and have the two headcovers below 6 days later. Unreal.

-Dan

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!