IGNORED

Nike One Black/Platinum

Note: This thread is 5224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A store in my area has several dozen of each of these at 50% off and I am thinking of trying one. I fell in love with the TM Reds last summer and stocked up because of the 2 for $55 deal. With that infomation, which of the two should I give a try? Thanks for any input.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

I love the Nike One balls. If they weren't so expensive, I'd play them more. Definitely one of my favorite balls.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

A store in my area has several dozen of each of these at 50% off and I am thinking of trying one. I fell in love with the TM Reds last summer and stocked up because of the 2 for $55 deal. With that infomation, which of the two should I give a try? Thanks for any input.

If you like the TM Red, the One Platinum is the way to go. The One Platinum is one of the highest spinning balls out there and has a very soft feel. The One Black is the "distance" version. I've played both, and you can't go wrong with either one.

If you're not against playing "used" balls, Lost Golf Balls has AAAA Nike One Black's for $10/dozen and free shipping for orders over $37.50. I've bought many a ball from them and haven't had any problems with any of the balls I've received.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

I bought two dozen Nike One Platinums early last year and played with them until July. I liked the spin I got from the ball and my driving distance was still respectable. I don't feel the need for a high spin ball because I play just fine with the Titleist Pro V1x but the One Black is also a very good option.
I just depends on what you're looking for, whether its spin or distance with some spin.

I played the One Black before I started playing the TM Red LDP. The One Platinum has too much spin, and is about 10 yards shorter off the tee.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

The nike one platinum is a great golf ball. I liked it more than the pro v1. Only thing is that it does spin a lot.

DRIVER : VR Tour 9.5 Degree with Diamana Whiteboard Shaft
3 WOOD : SQ 15 Degree with Diamana Blueboard SHaft
5 WOOD : SQ 19 Degree Diamana Blueboard Shaft
IRONS : Victory Red TW Blades 3-PW
S. WEDGE : Victory Red 56 DegreeL. WEDGE : Victory Red 60 DegreePUTTER : Anser IIBALL : ONE TOUR

I'm with Leo on this one. The One Platinum spun WAAYY too much for my taste. I like my approaches to hit and sit and these spun back 10-20 feet.

For reference, I play the TP Red LDP. It's the first ball that I intentially buy and play because I like how they react with my game.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I remember the first time my buddy gave me a platinum to try first hole I played driving distance seemed decent. Then I had a 9i into the green most of the time it will spin back 3 to 5 feet and that thing must have spun 3 to 5 yards. The black was def my favorite of the two but they are both good balls
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

The One Platinum v2 is the best ball on the marketttt...

I find the ball to be a little bit harder than the Pro V1 which is what I like but as previous members said, the balls still offer a nice spin. Did not notice a big difference concerning distance between the Platinum and the Pro V1.

The big difference is on the price...You can find AAA used balls for less than 1$/ball...

I played the Nike Platinum for a couple months this summer. I liked the spin and the feel of them. But...it seemed I lost some distance and (who knows if this is true of not) they seemed to exastrubate any miss hits ie /slice/push/pull/etc. Maybe that is due to it being a high spin ball.?

Now and then I'll use them on an exacutive 9 or par three course.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Note: This thread is 5224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!