IGNORED

SBS Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wouldn't it e ironic if rory won with tiger being out?

Would it?I don't know, Tiger doesn't normally play Hawaii anyway.

By the way, what happened to Glover?Doing his best Goosen impression ; Spank everyone for 3 days then fall apart on the last.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back a page or two: I've told that story already.

Whoops. So that's where I read it. My mistake.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
There was the "play through" incident at the Booz Allen in 2005, when Rory was so fed up with his playing partner's pace that he left him behind at the 17th green to play the 18th by himself.

I've forgiven him for that thing (but not forgotten, really), but two things more stand out to me that tint my dislike.

First, the Tiger Woods incident at Firestone where he had a guy kicked out for parroting something Rory had said before about how he "wants" Tiger (IIRC). Second, leaving Tiger's event without even telling anyone, withdrawing mid-way through the tournament. That said, my dislike for Rory is fairly small. He's not a favorite, but I like that he says what he thinks. I just wish, in the first instance, he could take it if he's going to dish it out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have to say, I have never really paid attention to Geoff Ogilvy's swing before, but wow do I love it. So smooth and technically sound, its like silk.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

"There was the "play through" incident at the Booz Allen in 2005, when Rory was so fed up with his playing partner's pace that he left him behind at the 17th green to play the 18th by himself." [Chilli Dipper]

Was it the Booz Allen or was it a Major? US Open? I know he shouldn't have but I felt some sympathy for him. The guy he was playing with was deathly slow - he wouldn't even start to consult his yardage chart until it was definitely his turn and the green ahead was clear. He used to get fined - a lot - on the European Tour. I think he was getting up to €10,000 a time.

Great round by Sabs, though.

But if Martin Laird could have putted a bit better - or even at all! - he would have been right up there. His tee to green play was a revelation to me.

One story has it he was playing as a single with whoever was playing for vacation, and one group complained when he went to the back tees. They didn't think he looked like a good enough player to play from the tips!

Now that there is lol funny. Both sides of the incident are probably going to use that little anecdote for a while.

Unfortunately the final round coincided with a dinner engagement, but our hosts were gracious enough to put the TV on (muted) so that I could glance at it once in a while and keep up with the score. The temptation to extreme antisocial activity was great but I rose to the occasion (barely).

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Was it the Booz Allen or was it a Major? US Open? I know he shouldn't have but I felt some sympathy for him. The guy he was playing with was deathly slow - he wouldn't even start to consult his yardage chart until it was definitely his turn and the green ahead was clear. He used to get fined - a lot - on the European Tour. I think he was getting up to €10,000 a time.

Booz Allen; he was playing with Ben Crane.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

ditto that.

He's a great player.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

He is also a fun player to follow. If you are close enough to hear him talk and interact with the caddies and other player it is quite enjoyable.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!